Location: London / Ontario / Canada
Duration: Full Time
Main Purpose of Job Role: Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, you will be responsible for managing all inventory control related activities.
1. Execute inventory control measures to ensure the company minimizes stock holding and maximizes stock system and paperwork accuracy.
2. The role carries responsibility for working with purchasing, goods inwards and dispatch to ensure necessary functions are carried out correctly.
The role may include other reasonable duties/tasks from time to time
- Develop the company’s inventory management strategy with the aim of controlling costs within budgetary limits, generating savings, rationalizing inventory and maximizing available working capital
- Manage and maintain the company’s material and stocked product inventory including stock profiles and stock locations
- Manage and control perpetual inventory stock counting / inventory accuracy checks
- Minimize overstocks and removal of obsolete / redundant raw materials to maximize availability of working capital
- Ensure that goods inward / stock control department is well organized and controlled to sufficiently support production and the goals of the business.
- Ensure incoming product is receipted and managed appropriately according to company procedure.
- Ensure materials are ready and available for production as and when required.
- Ensure that any materials that are late or holding up production for whatever reason are chased and followed up until received.
- Ensure sub contract processes are received back and that suppliers are chased to ensure no late delivery situation.
- Provide routine management information on inventory performance
i. Monitor and evaluate consumables usage & costs
ii. Monitor & evaluate material utilization and scrap
- Implement improvement processes and systems to reduce inventory, minimise costs and maximize working capital
- Write and maintain accurate written procedures for all main inventory control processes and functions.
- Be responsible for managing and running planned stock takes.
- Perform cyclic stock checks
- Check and adjust shop floor data collection data
- Ensure works orders are correct and fully completed and that all stock has been allocated to the job correctly.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of the stock management system
- Produce daily reports to ensure key critical areas of the stock system are controlled and any discrepancies addressed and resolved.
- Manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved.
2.Operational Performance: Achieve a minimum of 95% inventory record accuracy
- Ideally possessing a relevant professional qualification and/or suitable
background experience in inventory management / purchasing
- Have a detailed understanding of ERP and inventory control / management systems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience of lean manufacture, 5S and kaizen continuous improvement or similar production tools within a low volume, high quality manufacturing facility would be an advantage.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Possess excellent personal organization and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Possess relevant IT skills in basic MS Office applications
- outlook, excel & word in particular and a working knowledge of business ERP systems