Jenny Craig Weight Loss Centres

Jenny Craig Weight Loss Centres Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
First job out of college, taugh me many skills
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 14, 2013
Pros: met a diverse class of clientele and felt like i influence many lives.
Cons: long hours, with split shifts. we shared in success but also failures.
This was a great first job. I learned a lot of self confidence. I taught classes, counseled clients, did some sales. It was great to feel like I was helping people change their lives for the better. We called it counseling back then, but now I suppose it would be called couching!
Enjoyed overall experience
Nutritional Consultant/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rogers, ARSeptember 30, 2013
I was able to feel that I was making a significant difference in the lives of my clients.
Working at Jenny
Major Intitiatives Supervisor (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CaSeptember 26, 2013
As with every company, the manager makes all the difference. Jenny Craig has some really great managers and some not so good ones. The really good ones make Jenny the best place you've ever worked. The not so good ones make it some place you go to pass the day. The people in general are great.
management is beyond lazy .
Program Director (Former Employee), redding,caSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: worked with schedule
Cons: lots of lazy management
i will never work for this company again. management asks you to do their job plus their job and expects you to get it done in the allotted time with no overtime.
Terrible Compensation
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee), PAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: half off food
Cons: very bad working conditions
You are expected to work up to 12 hours a day and be available all days and nights. They pay minimum wage plus commission but what they dont tell you is sales have dropped so much that it is almost impossible to get out of the first commission tier. You constantly have to fight with co-workers for clients or risk not making any money. They do not care – more... about the clients weight loss at all, management only sees dollar signs. – less
It's a great place if your not the sole provider for your household.
Program Director (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAAugust 20, 2013
Pros: the perks were 50% off on food purchases.
Cons: ten cents an hour yearly raises, no room to advance.
Daily center operations. Job duties, greeting incoming clients, establishing a ra pour, an average of 30/40 follow up sales calls per day, 60 min sales presentations, client consultations.
I enjoyed the individual interaction with my clients. Helping them to see their own potential was very gratifying. Daily sales goals were challenging making it all – more... the more an exciting place to work. – less
Doesn't pay enough.
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 20, 2013
Very easy job, but the pay was minimum wage with commission. The center I was working at was very slow and eventually closed down due to it not growing which made the commission little to nothing.
Miss it
Program Director & Assistant Center Director (Former Employee), North Olmsted, OHAugust 14, 2013
Loved working for a company who loves their employees as much as their customers.
Enjoyable place to work.
Consultant (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INAugust 7, 2013
Pros: wonderful benefits.
Each day I would meet with clients, going over their successes and challenges. It was inspiring to help them find their source of motivation. I have met some wonderful people through this position. I have been there a long time, and have been lucky to keep in contact with many of my coworkers that have moved on to other jobs. The hardest part of the – more... job was to find new perspectives after so many years dealing with the same issues. The best part of this position was the interaction with the clients. I love meeting different kinds of people. – less
customer interaction, constant.......
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee), plantation floridaAugust 6, 2013
Pros: shifts never ended too late... most of my co workers were easy to deal with
Cons: tried very hard to get promoted and grab as many hours as possible, but i started out working 40 hours a week, and ended with only 4 hours a week!!
I helped meet client needs by assisting with food orders, helping them pick out certain foods for their plan....... I worked in all areas, except for counselor.
consultant
Weight Loss Consultant and Adolescent Specialist (Current Employee), Craig, SCTAugust 6, 2013
I am Jenny Craig Consultant, I consult clients and making sure to assist their week with planning it ahead for them, make sure to stick to their plan to loss weight for next week and to book their appointment for the following week.

I have gained a strong customer service while working at Jenny, because i have consult all different ages from 13 years – more... old and up.

I work with 6 other consultant, we are a team and they are lovely to work with.

The hardest part of my role is to keep my clients motivated and to make sure they loss weight each week.

I enjoy and look forward to meet my clients every day, it give me chance to speak to them and help them to change their lifestyle. – less
Fun clients and great learning environment
Program Consultant/Assistant Center Director (Current Employee), Skokie, ILAugust 1, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits and great work environment
Jenny Craig helped take off my passion in Nutrition. Each day, I met with knew clients and helped them achieve their weight loss goals, as well as provide a nurturing professional relationship. My management team boosted us and kept us motivated, which created a fun work environment. The best part of my job was watching the clients exceed their objectives – more... and helping them throughout the transition. – less
Enjoyable
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDAugust 1, 2013
Works closely with clients as a motivational coach; sells weight loss products to clients; conducts inventory for food orders.
Rewarding job with low pay and long commute
Center Director (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 26, 2013
Pros: great clients and team mates
Cons: long hours( 13hrs) low pay and long commute(45 minutes daily)
Loved working with high skilled team that was as driven as me. Helping clients to reach their goals and seeing them achieving it daily was the highlight of my day.
The hardest part of the job was not having enough time in a day to finish all unexpected projects.
Fun place to work, very rewarding to see clients reach their goals.
Program Sales Director (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 16, 2013
Very hectic, enrolling new clients, starting them on program, computer entry of each client. Needed to be up beat and inspirational to clients. Great satisfaction to be involved in a life changing journey with the clients.
Great team environment...
Consultant (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 13, 2013
Pros: great team environment
Cons: pay
Best part about the job is being able to help clients reach their weight loss goals, and see them transform into confident happy people!!
Expect low pay, low hours, and low moral
Program Director (Current Employee), VirginiaJuly 13, 2013
Pros: great health information even for those not losing weight, changing platform to meet the needs of the digital age, tasty foods, frequent training sessions to update knowledge, fun atmosphere
Cons: short staffed, out dated commission based pay, difficult sales quotas, expensive for clients, mismanagement within small area markets, health/insurence benefits limited, full-time is only 30 hours, little reimbursement for travel expenses to training sessions
My typical day consists of making phone calls to clients that haven't visited a centre for years in order to entice them to come back on the program. The corporate culture of this company is very manipulative, insensitive to employee needs, and changes at the drop of a hat. One day you may have a secure position, the next, you may be looking for a new – more... because your employment is "at-will." Centres often have small staffs of 3 to 6 individuals which can make scheduling difficult. You often work 12-hour days (mind you, there's a split in the middle of that day. So you'll work something like 8am - 1pm then have to come back from 4pm- 8pm). – less
The rewards are few and far between
Consultant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 11, 2013
Pros: great training, rewarding moments with clients, good benefits after 14 months
Cons: hours, pay, unrealistic goals, staff turnover, working holidays
I did love consulting clients and seeing them have breakthroughs. It allows for a good deal of creativity in problem solving with clients and that is fun. On the other hand, there is a large client segment that just don't want to change and hearing the same excuses over and over wears you out. Many need therapy for food addictions and we are just not – more... able to handle that. Yet, the staff is held accountable for their inability to keep these people on the program and losing weight. You are basically held accountable for not being able to heard cats.

The on the job training is very good. I am furthering my education and much of what I'm paying big bucks to learn, I already learned at Jenny. They do give employees high level training and, if the staff takes advantage of it, they can really build a strong skill set that is transferable not only to other work environments, but their own personal relationships. That is highly valuable. It can be quite resume building job.

The pay is embarrassing. You are expected to be counselors, grocers, and call center workers for less than a fast food wage. I wouldn't recommend it for any of my friends unless they really didn't need to make money. The commission makes the work environment very stressful and produces a lot of tension between employees. In addition, the hours are not ideal. Expect to work many evenings, every weekend and every holiday except Christmas. The company just doesn't believe in letting employees enjoy days like the 4th of July with family and friends. Instead, they will keep the doors open for 4 clients. I'm not sure the payoff in employee disengagement is worth it.

This is a great job it you want high quality free training, like helping people and are patient with those who say they want help but really don't. If you don't need to make money but want to be in a highly personal customer service environment, then it's perfect. If you don't care about being with family and friends at night, on weekends, or over the holidays that those things won't be big deal for you.

The company does like to promote from within, but the opportunities are very few unless you are willing to relocate.

I've had both AMAZING managers and really frustrating ones...but isn't that everywhere? – less
Productive and fun place to work
Area Market Director (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXJuly 10, 2013
Pros: great pay and very competitive
Cons: luxury item very expensive economy hurts business
I enjoy helping people! This is a job where you do just that. You get to talk to people and really get to know them. Weight Loss is a very emotional thing, you have to be sensitive to others feelings to work here. You get to be active in fun ways to motivate exercise.
Productive,fun but serious,
Professional Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas TxJuly 10, 2013
Pros: health care, it was like my own business, food perks
Meet and greet clients and reconize their accomplishments. I learnered alot about nutrition and how to help someone be successful with their set goals.I had a wonderful immediate manager. Employees were always put after company and clients as far as upper management. I enjoyed working my co-workers and we worked well as a team. The hardest part of my – more... job was when clients were not successful and the most enjoyable part of my job was thier success. – less

About Jenny Craig Weight Loss Centres

Jenny Craig would like for everyone to lighten up, at least a little. The weight-control company, which has provided products – Read more

Jenny Craig Weight Loss Centres Photos