Jenny Craig Weight Loss Centres Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Its ok.
Client Coordinator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 22, 2016
Pros: work hours, clients are lovely people (most of the time)
Cons: Work environment, unproffesional, negative people, Sales orientated rather than client.
The center I worked at has a flaky manager that just loves to tear employees a new one for minor things. Often times the manager herself will not follow rules set in place but will punish others for small issues. One girl was written up for being 2 minutes late and then reprimanded in front of clients. Extremely unprofessional.

There is also the case of "clients come first", however clients have waited almost 15 minutes (The length of a consultation) because the manager wanted to go over sales with the consultant.

People there openly talk about clients personal issues and sometimes even swear in front of clients. One of the consultants was talking about having "alone time" with her boyfriend in the front lobby.

You are rarely given recognition for any hard work and when you do its followed by everything else you supposedly did wrong.

The Vice president is a strange one. She will seem like a lovely women and she means well, but when she gave us a "motivation" session, she was completely degrading and picking on individuals in the room.

The place runs almost entirely on pushing sales. Forget changing lives and empathy, there is only ONE consultant I know focused on it.

One consultant has admitted to me that she hates her job and her clients and only cares for commission. Her clients LOVE her and bring her gifts and cards all the time and thank her for changing their lives. Its heartless.

I believe this center could be a wonderful place, but the people there are unprofessional and obviously do not care beyond making commission.
Productive days, fun co-workers, learned alot on nutrition and weight loss
Directrice du centre (Former Employee), Brossard QuebecOctober 25, 2015
Very supportive management, reporting daily to the area market director. Many benefits and advantages working for this company. Fun workplace, clients were always motivated and excited to come to our Centre. Opportunity to grow within the company.
A company that with no foundation
Center Director (Current Employee), CanadaOctober 19, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Absolutely no respect as an employee
Unable to run a business with any logic in order to be profitable. No long term vision and no strategic implementation plans. Absolutely no care and or respect for their employees.
Amazing job
Reception / Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee), Broosard Dix30October 9, 2015
It was an amazing job , but mostly focused for woman. So it was hard or me to build a strong clientele , but not impossible. Amazing people to work with and you never stop learning.
Enjoyed working with and helping people change their lives
Centre Director (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 15, 2015
Being a contributing factor in helping people get healthier and truly improving their lives was very satisfying to be a part of. Belief in the product and program of the company model I felt I was making a difference in people's lives.
Nice place to work
Consultant and motivator to individual clients (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 4, 2014
was a valuable place to learn healthier ways of living and showing your clients the same way of life. Seeing your client achieve there goals. that is a wonderful feeling, It was a small office but employees, helped out if you became to busy.
Working with Friends is always a bonus
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: management
Doesn't even feel like work when its that fun. When a client walks out the door happy is the best feeling ever. Making a change in someones life.
Poorly ran business.
consultant. (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 14, 2013
Pros: nothing.
Cons: no breaks, small office space, short hours
I worked here for 2 years, in my eyes it is a poorly ran business that will not succeed. The employees are not treated well, and the marketing for Jenny Craig is not doing well. Clientele is going down hill, which means less money for Jenny and less in your pocket. Many of the policies and procedures need to be updated. Many of the Clients commented that they felt they were being harassed by the company. This is not a good look Jenny.
Ps. food is WAY too expensive, your better off learning how to portion size and eat healthy than buy their food.
Wonderful experience.
Program Director (Former Employee), Oakville, ONAugust 8, 2013
Learned the importance of keeping accurate medical records and contact information.
Rewarding career, excellent skill development.
CENTRE DIRECTOR (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONMay 29, 2013
Working with Jenny Craig for almost 20 years helped me develop as a goal-oriented individual and an effective leader of my team. My experience has enhanced my communication and interpersonal skills. The management is very supportive and have the interests of their employees and clients in mind. The benefits and compensation are competitive in the industry. Training is current and adequate.
Client Coordinator
Customer services/ Client Co-coordinator (Former Employee), 2625C Weston RDMarch 21, 2013
Pros: free consultations and employee discount
Cons: sometime long hours.
Very nice and relaxing place to work. No rush and no push. We can work at our own phase. All the stuff are very friendly. The best part about this work is that we get to wear professional dress and the employee discount, plus free consultation. There is nothing hard about this job, except sometime we have angry husbands calling and yelling at us over the phone..
Team environment, acheiver, customer service
Program Director & Program Consultant (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: achieving satisfaction when a client achieves their goals
Cons: working for a company in which there is no job security in place
Helping clients achieve their highest potential in the understanding of the health industry
Fun and engaging workplace
Customer Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 30, 2012
Pros: free food
Cons: low wage and no room to grow within the company
Ive learned a lot from being in this position from multitasking skills to phone sales to filing, answering phones, and paperwork. The only hardest part of the job was spending a hour or two lifting over 50 pounds in food boxes and stocking the freezer and doing this all by myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the clients and seeing there gradual success in weight loss, and seeing the constant health benefits.

April 1, 2013

That's funny you must have taken it food is 50% off NOT free and Jenny is the worst employer on planet earth