Jenny Craig Inc Employee Reviews

Chaotic work environment, stressful, expectations over exceed reality
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2016
I would never work for this company again, for many reasons... it is not a family oriented business, the scheduling includes: mandatory Saturday shift, mandatory split shift, mandatory close shifts. This does not work if you have children in day care. Management is unapproachable, they expect you to always be there no matter what even if you are sick, the way the commission is set up it is next to impossible to reach- it should be designed for your FDA based on how many clients you have but it is based on a number that does not work if you do not have a full colum of clients. They do not genuinely care about the clientele, it is all about the money for them. Be prepared to be more of a telemarketer than anything else as cold calling makes up for the majority of your time. Lastly it is always your fault if your clients do not loose weight, management places all blame on the consultants and not the clients. I was a great consultant, my clients loved me, bought a full menu, and they lost weight. Still I was treated poorly and am very happy to be out of there.
Pros
Discount on Jenny Craig food.
Cons
Irregular hours, unapproachable management, poor pay, overachievable expectations, high stress
Great staff to work with
Personal Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 August 2016
Recent changes within the company made work very stressful and difficult.
They removed the position of customer service (someone at the front counter to greet clients, answer phones etc..).
While in consultations with clients, we were required to answer the phone or leave the room entirely to greet incoming clients.
Pros
Performance bonuses
Cons
Way too much extra admin work on top of consultations
Low wages, sales position
Health and Wellness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON14 July 2016
Not the best company to be employed with after graduating as a Nutritionist. The salary needs to be revisited for employees as well as job position.
Pros
Consulting and helping others
Cons
Pay, benefits, hours
Productive workplace
Nutrition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 June 2016
*The company needs to improve more in the Canadian Division: marketing, training, products.

*I learned sales skills.
Its ok.
Client Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 February 2016
The center I worked at has a flaky manager that just loves to tear employees a new one for minor things. Often times the manager herself will not follow rules set in place but will punish others for small issues. One girl was written up for being 2 minutes late and then reprimanded in front of clients. Extremely unprofessional.

There is also the case of "clients come first", however clients have waited almost 15 minutes (The length of a consultation) because the manager wanted to go over sales with the consultant.

People there openly talk about clients personal issues and sometimes even swear in front of clients. One of the consultants was talking about having "alone time" with her boyfriend in the front lobby.

You are rarely given recognition for any hard work and when you do its followed by everything else you supposedly did wrong.

The Vice president is a strange one. She will seem like a lovely women and she means well, but when she gave us a "motivation" session, she was completely degrading and picking on individuals in the room.

The place runs almost entirely on pushing sales. Forget changing lives and empathy, there is only ONE consultant I know focused on it.

One consultant has admitted to me that she hates her job and her clients and only cares for commission. Her clients LOVE her and bring her gifts and cards all the time and thank her for changing their lives. Its heartless.

I believe this center could be a wonderful place, but the people there are unprofessional and obviously do not care beyond making commission.
Pros
work hours, clients are lovely people (most of the time)
Cons
Work environment, unproffesional, negative people, Sales orientated rather than client.
Productive days, fun co-workers, learned alot on nutrition and weight loss
Directrice du centre (Former Employee) –  Brossard Quebec25 October 2015
Very supportive management, reporting daily to the area market director. Many benefits and advantages working for this company. Fun workplace, clients were always motivated and excited to come to our Centre. Opportunity to grow within the company.
A company that with no foundation
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Canada19 October 2015
Unable to run a business with any logic in order to be profitable. No long term vision and no strategic implementation plans. Absolutely no care and or respect for their employees.
Pros
Cons
Absolutely no respect as an employee
Very productive busy days.
Program Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton15 October 2015
Meeting with clients on 15 minute intervals, anywhere from 40-60 clients a day. During that time would have to motivate the client and set up their work week along with any challenges they may face. I've learn from this job on how to properly talk to clients using open ended questions and dialogues. As well I've learn many customer service skills and multi tasking. Seeing the clients was the best part of the job but unfortunately the management was a different story. I'm looking forward to working with a better team
Pros
Co-workers became great friends
Cons
Hours all over the place so it made it very hard to have a life outside of there.
Amazing job
Reception / Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Broosard Dix309 October 2015
It was an amazing job , but mostly focused for woman. So it was hard or me to build a strong clientele , but not impossible. Amazing people to work with and you never stop learning.
Enjoyed working with and helping people change their lives
Centre Director (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 April 2015
Being a contributing factor in helping people get healthier and truly improving their lives was very satisfying to be a part of. Belief in the product and program of the company model I felt I was making a difference in people's lives.
Nice place to work
Consultant and motivator to individual clients (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 November 2014
was a valuable place to learn healthier ways of living and showing your clients the same way of life. Seeing your client achieve there goals. that is a wonderful feeling, It was a small office but employees, helped out if you became to busy.
Working with Friends is always a bonus
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2014
Doesn't even feel like work when its that fun. When a client walks out the door happy is the best feeling ever. Making a change in someones life.
Pros
Great co workers
Poorly ran business.
consultant. (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 November 2013
I worked here for 2 years, in my eyes it is a poorly ran business that will not succeed. The employees are not treated well, and the marketing for Jenny Craig is not doing well. Clientele is going down hill, which means less money for Jenny and less in your pocket. Many of the policies and procedures need to be updated. Many of the Clients commented that they felt they were being harassed by the company. This is not a good look Jenny.
Ps. food is WAY too expensive, your better off learning how to portion size and eat healthy than buy their food.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
no breaks, small office space, short hours
Wonderful experience.
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 August 2013
Learned the importance of keeping accurate medical records and contact information.
Rewarding career, excellent skill development.
CENTRE DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON29 May 2013
Working with Jenny Craig for almost 20 years helped me develop as a goal-oriented individual and an effective leader of my team. My experience has enhanced my communication and interpersonal skills. The management is very supportive and have the interests of their employees and clients in mind. The benefits and compensation are competitive in the industry. Training is current and adequate.
Client Coordinator
Customer services/ Client Co-coordinator (Former Employee) –  2625C Weston RD21 March 2013
Very nice and relaxing place to work. No rush and no push. We can work at our own phase. All the stuff are very friendly. The best part about this work is that we get to wear professional dress and the employee discount, plus free consultation. There is nothing hard about this job, except sometime we have angry husbands calling and yelling at us over the phone..
Pros
free consultations and employee discount
Cons
sometime long hours.
Team environment, acheiver, customer service
Program Director & Program Consultant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC11 September 2012
Helping clients achieve their highest potential in the understanding of the health industry
Pros
achieving satisfaction when a client achieves their goals
Cons
working for a company in which there is no job security in place
Fun and engaging workplace
Customer Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 April 2012
Ive learned a lot from being in this position from multitasking skills to phone sales to filing, answering phones, and paperwork. The only hardest part of the job was spending a hour or two lifting over 50 pounds in food boxes and stocking the freezer and doing this all by myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the clients and seeing there gradual success in weight loss, and seeing the constant health benefits.
Pros
free food
Cons
low wage and no room to grow within the company