This is a unique opportunity to be an integral part of a highly regarded law firm in Calgary, that has a strong reputation for being experts in litigation.
This permanent full-time position will support both the Litigation and Wills and Estates groups. Daily responsibilities include:
- typing legal documents from lawyers' notes, dictation and precedents;
- preparing draft correspondence and other legal documents;
- maintaining client files including organization, opening and closing files and daily filing requirements;
- handling telephone, e-mail and mail correspondence;
- administrative duties such as tracking lawyers' time and bill preparation; and
- prioritizing responsibilities.
- A legal assistant or paralegal who has completed a recognized legal assistant or paralegal program;
- Junior level of experience, with some experience in Litigation matters;
- Strong typing and other computer skills;
- Excellent reading, writing and proofreading skills;
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and confidentiality;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Must be have excellent attention to detail, be able to multi-task and be able to work with minimum supervision in a team setting.