Our client is looking for a collections Legal Assistant with at least 2 years' experience. If you consider yourself an energetic team worker who will bring new ideas and innovation to the workplace, then you must apply for this position!
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Responsibilities include opening and managing the status of files
- Assist with preparing files for hearings
- Organizing and maintaining calendars
- General administrative duties: filing, copying, faxing, scanning, etc.
- Work with excel spreadsheets to track invoices
- Other duties as assigned by senior paralegal/s and/or lawyers
- Communicating with clients, debtors, and process servers
- Responsible for preparing collection documents such as garnishment, writs of enforcement, large amount of letters and all court filings.
- Minimum of two (2) years working in a law office, focused on Collections law
- Knowledge of and experience with local court rules
- Experience calendaring and reviewing and finalizing pleadings
- File processing experience
- Experience working in a high volume and fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills- verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports
- High proficiency with technology and ability to learn new programs quickly- Experience with Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Recognized Legal Assistant/Paralegal Education (Diploma/Certificate)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you kindly!
Indeed - 6 months ago