Reputable law firm in the downtown core requires an experienced litigation legal assistant to join their team immediately. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and career-oriented individual to join a growing established law firm.
- Daily correspondence;
- Standard document preparation;
- Drafting and filing Court documents;
- Conducting Court searches;
- File opening and closing;
- Monthly bill preparation and payment;
- Scheduling appointments, meetings and court dates;
- Liaise between client and lawyer;
- Prepare and organize financial disclosure;
- Other legal duties as required.
- Minimum 5 years litigation law experience;
- Formal Legal Administrative Assistant diploma an asset;
- Ability to multitask, take initiative, establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives under minimal supervision;
- Prepare billing in Esilaw, with follow up trust accounting;
- Collection of accounts payable;
- Working knowledge of legal procedures and precedents, processes and documentation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Organized and meticulous with follow up, time management and detail;
- Ability to remain productive in a time-sensitive, fast-paced environment.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the accepted candidate.
Indeed - 13 months ago