This position will be supporting a sole practitioner in his Corporate and Securities practice in downtown Calgary. If chosen for this position, you will be joining a firm that highly values its employees with a strong emphasis on work/life balance. The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Preparing and proofreading legal documentation and correspondence
- Handling day-to-day duties such as time entry, billing and client invoicing
- Scheduling meetings, organizing calendars and communicating with clients
- Directing incoming and outgoing telephone calls and mail correspondence
- File organization such as ensuring that all corporate registers are updated and the minute books are maintained, daily filing, including the opening and closing of files
- Preparing, and filing annual returns
- Minimum of 3 years’ Legal Assistant experience. Experience in a securities practice considered a strong asset
- CORES Level 1 or 2 certification
- Hands on experience and knowledge of the SEDAR and SEDI filing system
- Familiarity with PC Law would be an asset
- Diploma or certificate from an accredited Legal Assistant program
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong ability to prioritize workload and stay organized
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and oral communication skills
- Being part of a team and helping the practice grow!
We thank all applicants for their interest, but please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you kindly!