JELD-WEN Employee Reviews

Windows and Door Assembly work
Assembly line laborer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 February 2017
Once the windows and doors were assembled, I would place the window or door in the shipping section and scan where the window or door was placed to await shipping. Moving the window by dolly was a good task. The shift was also overnight.
Professional Environment
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 November 2016
Company provides great work-life balance with longer lunches and many activities throughout the year. The environment is professional filled with extraordinary people.
Not a good company
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON31 October 2016
I worked there for 2 years and they did not like the fact I have a real life

Example my manager asked me to come in Saturday when I had something already planned didnt like the fact I said no

The managers are a joke very unprofessional the stuff are all stuck up

Not a good place to work overall
Hard work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 June 2016
lots of work available busy place hours are decent, except wage was a bit low for the work didnt mind working there. Was to far for me.
it was just a job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 May 2016
not to many good things to say about the job was the first job i started in the production field but it did get me the first look at production
Productive and fun place to work at
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 December 2015
I enjoyed working with team players. It was a fast paced and I enjoyed working there. I liked keeping busy even when there seemed nothing to do there was always something to do at this job site.
I am a results oriented manager who believes leadedership by example. I like challening opportunities and will work towards its success..
Group Manager (Current Employee) –  550 Munroe Ave.6 May 2013
My job includes making painting schedules, coordinating with various dept. on their requirements, coordinating with purchasing for needed materials. Supervising leadhand and employees in their job is needed so. Scheduling overtime and requesting manpower and training new personnels. Making sure that quality and production comes hand in hand and requirements of sales are met. Presently, challenged with my new project at Paintshop in implementing the waterbase paint technology. Implement company rules and regulations.Meet with other managers once a week to review operations and solve problems.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  toronto3 February 2013
Keeps you busy.Good people to work with.Worked up from service man to service manager.
Typical production to delivery door and window outlet.
Class one delivery driver, Production worker (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC16 January 2013
Start 7am. Review documentation with dock workers and assist to load or load truck by myself. Drive two runs a day normally over the lower mainland and Vancouver district area. Drive fork lift and load trucks by had as well. Do production work prepping and assembling of Exterior single pre-hung doors for delivery. Operating various saws and nailers and machinery. Crating of products.
Pros
i hour of o/t a day for drivers to eat on the run, day shift weekends off, learning a lot about construction and assembly of doors and door windows.
Cons
slow work periods during the year, handling customer complaints, no designated routes, summer vacation was difficult because of the busy season, commuting fr kerrisdale to langley.
premiere experience en usine
Journalier de production (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC23 February 2017
J Ai aimer mon expérience,c etait la première fois que je travaillais a la chaine