JELD-WEN Employee Reviews

A éviter!!
Manoeuvre spécialisé (Former Employee) –  st-henri de levis3 June 2017
J'ai été engagé avec quand meme un minimum d'expérience en usine.
Pas beaucoup de solidarité avec les travailleurs syndiqué et les nouveaux employé du moins la majorité. C'est un peu du chacun pour sois. A la veille d'être syndiqué j'ai été remercier et ce sans raison et surtout sans préavis, je n'ai pas trouvé cela très professional de leur part, surtout que comme tout le monde j'ai des obligations financière.
Travail répétitif a la chaine au fouette sans grand respect de l'individu.
Pros
horaire de 36 heures sur 3 jours
Cons
L'ensemble des points mentionné ci-haut
Terrible pay
Inside sales support (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 June 2017
Fun staff but long hours and terrible salary and ok benefits.
Worked there for 7 years first in service then moved up to sales.
I miss the people not the job
Pros
People
Cons
Everything else
premiere experience en usine
Journalier de production (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC23 February 2017
J Ai aimer mon expérience,c etait la première fois que je travaillais a la chaine
Windows and Door Assembly work
Assembly line laborer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 February 2017
Once the windows and doors were assembled, I would place the window or door in the shipping section and scan where the window or door was placed to await shipping. Moving the window by dolly was a good task. The shift was also overnight.
Secure company, managed from a distance
group manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 January 2017
recent changes has moved/is moving all decisions to to the US. Likely room for advancement in the factories to middle management. Upper management is now mostly hired outside of the company.
Pros
large company, good benefits
Cons
pay below average
Excellent
Journalier de production (Former Employee) –  Saint-apollinaire, QC6 December 2016
Compagnie en extension constante,bonne avantage sociaux
Professional Environment
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 November 2016
Company provides great work-life balance with longer lunches and many activities throughout the year. The environment is professional filled with extraordinary people.
Not a good company
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON31 October 2016
I worked there for 2 years and they did not like the fact I have a real life

Example my manager asked me to come in Saturday when I had something already planned didnt like the fact I said no

The managers are a joke very unprofessional the stuff are all stuck up

Not a good place to work overall
agréable
Journalière (Former Employee) –  Saint-apollinaire, QC18 August 2016
le gros point positif est la santé et sécurité des emploies,
apprendre a être polyvalente
Great work experience overall
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 August 2016
Very good company despite restructuring. Amazing management style allows for maximum autonomy and growth. Great people overall. Amazing work environment, learned a lot about marketing and products.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
A lot of unpaid overtime
Terrible Company
Warrany Rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2016
Literally the most poorly managed company I've ever worked for.
I would not recommend employment within this company to anyone.
Hard work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 June 2016
lots of work available busy place hours are decent, except wage was a bit low for the work didnt mind working there. Was to far for me.
it was just a job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 May 2016
not to many good things to say about the job was the first job i started in the production field but it did get me the first look at production
Disorganized & confusing...
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 May 2016
JELD-WEN is a fast-paced and high volume manufacturing facility; however, the infrastructure has not been maintained to keep up with the level of performance expectations. Internal departments are vastly disconnected and work with a "cover your own butt" mentality.

Management not only seems to ignore suggestions for improvement but also seem to stifle them. Although they say they want to achieve continuous improvement their actions indicate they are happy with the status-quo.

When things go wrong... The first course of action management seems to take is to figure out who it is they can blame, instead of getting to the source of the problems and really fixing them.
Pros
Very good benefits and RRSP plan
Cons
Unrealistic levels of expectation, and poor management support.
Environement difficile en fonction des attentes de perfection
Conseillère service après-vente (Former Employee) –  Quebec9 May 2016
Prendre les appelles des clients ainsi que les détaillants. Faire le lien entre le produit et la garantie pour offrir a la clientèle les option de garantie et ouvrir les demande de service. Évaluer les pièces nécessaires pour soumettre la commande de celles-ci et identifier le technicien selon la région qui fera le service. Transférer la demande compléter au service de planification. Faire le suivi avec détaillant. J,ai appris le domaine des portes et fenêtres. L'aspect le plus agréable a été le travail d'Équipe et les contact avec les clients.
Productive and fun place to work at
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 December 2015
I enjoyed working with team players. It was a fast paced and I enjoyed working there. I liked keeping busy even when there seemed nothing to do there was always something to do at this job site.
Term position horror story
Warranty Service Department (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 March 2015
A typical day at work was being bombarded with customers, dealers, management to fix a barrage of other people's errors over the phone and by email.

I learned to provide and keep proof of everything I do, and say. Co workers were great for the most part. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the managers expectations of their employees to handle the previously botched work by other staff members when others didn't come to work, quit, or were just plain fired.

They layed off several offices of staff while I was employed and simply didn't bother to hire additional help to deal with the additional work volume.

The only good thing about this job is that management was flexible when you needed to take time off to go for appointments.

The job was frustrating because when I and other staff pointed out things the company could change to make the job easier they pretty much just ignored us.

Also, mice running around in the office, not a nice work environment - filfthy, they couldn't provide appropriate office supplies like real desks. They had us working on door slabs instead of desks. Office was also freezing cold. Think having to wear your winter coat to do your job kind of cold.

The management also played favorited with staff members. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that were angry that Jeldwen product didn't live up to their expectations and the way that Jeldwen handled their issues were not timely.
Pros
Cons
Stressful, little job security
doors and windows
no contact with management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada20 December 2014
Friday was most day typical for us
I learn hows make doors and windows and how we assemble that and how we installing on the houses.
Pros
free picnic very summer, 2 times BBQ in a year and bi party for christmas and new year .
Cons
2 break and 1 lunch time with overtime.
An unhappy place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto6 October 2014
You will either work in the warehouse/production line or the office. The warehouse is not a fun place. The pay is low and the expectation is high. There is no incentive for working hard other than to not get fired. The office is equally bad. The pay is low, but you can make more money working insane overtime. Good luck having a life outside of work. The sales coordinators are the most unhappy people of all. If you work there, be sure to be careful who you trust. People are nice to your face, but stabbing you in the back behind closed doors or on the corporate whistle blower site. Proceed with extreme caution!
Pros
Leave early on Friday's and Christmas off (however have to use your vacation for xmas days)
Cons
Long hours, product quality, and untrustworthy environment
I was making windows and put joiner on the windows, packing and sceaning.
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 July 2013
I was like this job,but they don't have more work then they gave me layoff.
Pros
it was 30 min at 12:00 pm
Cons
I did 6 months work August 02, 2012 to February 06, 2013.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JELD-WEN. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9