Tutor – Geography Tutor
Employer: JeeJee Akademia Tutoring Inc. – Toronto, Ontario
Position Description: Assist students in improving academic achievements by meeting with them on a regular basis to clarify learning problems and work on study skills. It may include reviewing class material, working on assignments, explaining questions or concepts, discussing the text, editing, reading, formulating ideas for papers or projects, working on solutions etc. JeeJee Akademia expects full attention given to the student during the entire session.
Salary: $14.00 - $16.00/Hour for individual and group tutoring
- at least 6 hours per week
o Weekdays – after 4pm
o Weekend – any time during the day
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Education: Currently a University Student/Completed University/Qualified Ontario Certified Teacher
- Police Reference Check Required
- CPR First Aid - Recommended
- Contact assigned students within two days of receiving the assignment
- Be punctual for all scheduled tutoring sessions. It is your responsibility to notify
JeeJee Akademia as soon as possible if you cannot meet with your students.
- Responsible, dependable, honest and mature
- Friendly, patient, and sensitive to a diversity of students
- Most importantly, ensure you hand in all required paperwork at the end of each month
- Own a vehicle/must provide own transportation
Experience: Experience working with children an asset – For example, volunteering at summer camps or within a school setting
Languages: Speak English, Read English, Write English
How to Apply: Please apply for this job only in the manner specified by the employer. Failure to do so may result in your application not being properly considered for the position.