Jean Coutu Employee Reviews

its great, its ok
Commis au bureau de poste canada (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 February 2017
Je trouve le travail enrichissant, un nouvelle expérience dans la carrière de la vie..
C etait service a la clientèle, recevoir et envoyer des colis, lettres, facturer, placer les colis qui arrivent et les enregistrer dans le système. Répondre aux appels et service de Fax sur place.
Le travail était agréable, j'aime travailler avec la clientèle.
Le plus dure...rien.
Pros
travail agreable
Cons
colis tres grands ou trop lourd
fun place to work
ASSISTANT GERANT (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC13 February 2017
- balancing the cash
- confirm job whit staff for this day
- make schedule
- calculate pay check
- reception of order
- make order
- help manager whit office things
Pros
best job ever
Cons
need waiting 5-6 years to be manager
Productive and friendly workplace.
Cashier/ Pharmacist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, ON1 November 2016
A typical day at work consisted of making sure patients were taken care of and happy, handling cash and debit transactions, and helping the Pharmacist with the counting of medications.

My co-workers were extremely helpful and were always there if there was something I needed help with.

The hardest part of the job was seeing the patients sick/unhappy when they came in to get their prescriptions.

The most enjoyable part was when the patients were happy and satisfied with my Customer Service. The smiles on their faces always made my day.

During my time at Jean Coutu, I particularly learned patience. Prescriptions are not done as soon as a patient walks in. I had to learn to be patient and understanding towards angry and impatient customers.
Pros
Co-Workers always brought some treats for us to enjoy.
Cons
Long hours and not feeling appreciated.
a nice place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 October 2016
working at jean coutu was a very good learning experience. The only thing I have to say about it was that during training they weren't specific about the regulations and policies of the work place.
Pros
good hours
Cons
bad pay
good values
Cosméticienne (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC27 August 2016
Every employees are responsable, Christimas party are very fun, working at part time in cosmetics just one on two weekend and two evenings per week is a very stable job.
Great Management team
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, ON11 August 2016
Received Great training and was valued as an employee. Grained great experience and skills to take on in my future employments.

Jean Coutu is very customer service oriented and I took great pride in that.

I would recommend this company to everyone.
Fun place to work
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 May 2016
Same routine every day

Not motivated

Amazing coworkers and staff

Incredible training and patience amongst staff members

Salary wasn't enough
Pros
Comfortable environment
Cons
VERY long hours
Belle place et gentils collègues
Cosméticienne (Former Employee) –  Lachute, QC8 May 2016
Horaire variable, collegues et patrons tres gentils, salaire minimum, doit faire beaucoup de vente et maquillage, la raison de mon depart, etais que je ne me sentais pas dans mon element.
Pros
gentils collegues
Cons
pas mon style de travail
Mediocre
CASHIER AND CLERK (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 March 2016
Jean Coutu has flexible hours, depending on your staff. The manager is not professional and there is lack of benefits. At some point, you will want to quit and find another job that is a little more challenging because it gets repetitive.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Benefits, pay
Productive and enjoyable customer service work
Cashier/Crew Trainer/Florist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 March 2016
I have enjoyed my time and experience working here. Iearned exceptional communication and leadership skills. The co-workers are amazing and a reason to stay.
Exellent service à la clientèle
Caissière au laboratoire (Current Employee) –  Victoriaville, QC22 March 2016
Toutes les personnes au laboraitorie aiment faire très bien son travail et donnent tout le support necessaire pour les autres.
Benefits
Cons
Part - time job
great place
lab technician (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, QC27 October 2015
I absolutely love working there, the people as well as the work environment is superb. I take care of many things including preparing the the prescriptions as well as dealing with patients and all types of problems that may arise.
productive and fun
store clerk (Former Employee) –  Montreal17 August 2015
was fun to work there great environment ,with good people . manager were nice are willing to help you . Also coworkers were kind.
Fun environment with poor management.
Inventory (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC20 July 2015
I was hired as many of the previous workers were on holiday, but was laid off 2 days later since many of them had returned and there was no longer any place left in the budget.
Great
Assistant trainee (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC22 October 2014
Great job, and i loved working there so much i wish the time didnt go by so fast
well placed community oriented establishment
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 September 2014
Come in to work due light cleaning then on to stock duties.
I've learned there is a generic brand for most products that is cheaper and effective.
Pros
percentage savings
Cons
uniform makes u easy target for unpleasant customers
Cash Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 August 2014
Typical day At Work: Show up a little earlier to make sure you have all lottery tickets and stock needed for your day. Open the store with a smile and provide the best service you can give.

What I've learned: Working in this environment takes flexibility and knowledge of the products you sell.

Management: Very welcoming to the team and always pushing you to give your 100 %. This was a great team to work with.

Co-Workers: Monkey see, monkey do... If they see your working hard, they will too. Always helping one another.

Hardest part of my job: Keeping a smile on my face even with the most difficult customers. Also having to report back to the manager when an employee did not meet the standards required.

Enjoyable part of my job: Seeing that you made someone else's day with getting them what they needed.
Pros
Room for quick advancement
Cons
Standing all day
Very nice place to work
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 August 2014
Start of the day prepare cashes for the other cashiers. Give out change when needed. Stock shelves order merchandise. Make returns for Greeting cards. Floating on floor to do replacement for breaks and meaIs I got along well with employees and management.The hardest part of the job was to get the time sheets made up to please everyone. I can honestly say I enjoyed all of my job I did it for many years because I enjoyed it.
Pros
I was a good learning experience for me and I hope that I had taught the girls and boys well.
Cons
Some times I did not enjoy the hours that I had to work.
enjoyable work experience as a stock clerk
Commis de plancher (Former Employee) –  montreal26 March 2014
a typical day of work for me would be to go in and do stock. throughout the day, as a stock clerk, i would get calls either to take passport pictures or help customers in the store to find what they were looking for or needed information on.there were other tasks that i would complete throughout the day when i was asked by the manager. the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and helping them out, working in a good environment with people that i liked.
Pros
good hours, good employees, not stressfull
Cons
the ideals the managers had
Good work team
Cashier, Clerk, Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec27 June 2013
It was a good experience to learn about customer service. There was bad management and no possibility for advancement and an increase in salary.

4.2