Jean Coutu Pharmacy Employee Reviews in Canada

Assistant Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 23, 2015
- Acquired necessary Pharmaceutical experience with real-life medical cases
- Learned the basics of RxPro software
- Dynamic workplace
By far the best workplace!
Price Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  vanier, onOctober 21, 2013
I hold a special place for this job. From job growth opportunity, management, staff dynamic's. I really enjoyed the freedom of being able to go to any department after my work load was done to help out around the store. There was a sense of fostering each other and learning new skills. I had full-time status, benefits, good salary, flexible work hours. Something that is rare these days.
Pros
full-time regular staff was valued and students had weekends and evenings.
Cons
because of the location the clientel was not always desirable.
You can find anything...even a friend
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBNovember 28, 2013
I loved my job at Jean Coutu very much. There was not one morning that I didn't look forward to going to work. I learned about retail and how to use my skills to help a business run effectively. All employees are treated with respect and fairly. We were like one happy family while sill performing professionally. Their motto is "You can find anything...even a Friend". I will confirm that motto.
Pros
friendly/lockers/staff room
shipper/reciever
Warehouse Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NBFebruary 21, 2015
i was in charge of warehouse. my job was to ship and recieve product for two stores. i needed to take the product to second store.
Great work environment and management
Floor Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJanuary 16, 2013
Stocking shelves, preparing sale displays, maintaining store necessities, etc.
Very relaxed environment, great management, quality communication.
Pros
break times, relaxed environment, great staff
Cons
later hours may not be busy
Educative, productive and very friendly workplace
Head Laboratory Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 28, 2012
A typical day at Jean Coutu Pharmacy starts at 7:50 am everyday. The first think I had to do is to open all the Lab cash registry, computers and sanitize the counters.
At 8:00 am doors are open then the client starts coming in for their medication and others for day to day business. in the Lab things are quiet different, a typical morning may start with10 clients.3 with new prescription waiting to be filled, 2 ordered by phone and 3 need over the counter medication that they need to fill a form in order to get the medication, 2 have questions regarding the price on their medication. Meanwhile I had to take phone orders or solve problems while the delivery man is waiting medication that I am passing at the cash to be delivered that morning.
All the 10 clients were very important to the Pharmacy and the delivery man too, but I had to prioritize whom to serve first while others are waiting without hearting their feelings or making them wait for too long or without making them feel that they are being neglected. I had to show other clients where other products are found outside the Pharmacy Laboratory, which was part of Customer Service. In case I was overwhelmed I had to call a commis or ask my colleagues for help.
I learned to be productive, humble, flexible, patient, apologetic, and positive all the time and to keep on the smile all day. it also added on my knowledge of medication(Drug) and it's uses, side effects and symptoms. All my co- workers, management and the pharmacists were very positive and helpful all the time despite the fact that I was the only one in my department.
  more... Regardless of all the yelling from impatient clients and name calling I still enjoyed my job because it was pleasure helping and meeting new people every day, some of them became good friends. Some clients were very nice, kind and grateful for the service that we were offering and some would come back just to say Thank You for the service and that made my day. The most think that I liked about my job was the fact that by the end of the day I knew that I helped some one.  less
Pros
amazing, understanding pharmacists and co-wokers. nice environment
Cons
worked evening shifts and week-ends.work schedule changes all the time.