JDSU Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
average
retire (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 8, 2016
Work environment was good, I learned more skill while I worked. Such as reading the blue print-outs, electronics. Basically, I enjoyed working in this company.
Very good place to work
Senior ASIC Front-End Consultant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 27, 2015
Pros: yiu can work from home
Cons: week-ends and night work
good management style. very good team work spirit.
I enjoyed my year contract a an ASIC consultant.
- very challenging project
- designers working hard to meet the schedule.
productive and Fun workplace
Shipping helper (Former Employee), Nepean, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: 100 % in medical benefits, profits, stock, bonus etc
Cons: JDS is no longer in Canada
It was the best of the best workplace. there really saw that we were not just a number that we had to produce numbers. we were a team from the employee who cleans to the manager.we were all required to complete a job chain.
I leave with great sadness that work.There I met people from all over the world.
when JDS ceased to exist in Canada more than 4,000 people lost their jobs,and I was one of them
nice people
Fibre Optic Assemble (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 2, 2015
easy to get along with the co-worker, let me know more about fiber optic, and enjoy to do that. supervisor is helpful. When you work there, just like a family.
assembler
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: team work
I did work different departments. the first I was an assembler on the line them got moved up to the stockroom and work in paperwork, filling and organised work order for the assembly floor
Great support from coworkers and management
Senior Engineering Support Specialist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: great support and atmosphere
Cons: layoffs because of the economy.
Although I was only there for a short period of time, the atmosphere and support from everyone was wonderful.
Sadly, the economic downturn meant mass layoffs and I was part of that.
Production Control & Materials Manager-Centerpiece group
Production Control and Materials Manager (Former Employee), Nepean, ONMarch 2, 2015
Production Control & Materials Manager-Centerpiece group, responsible for a staff of 20 whose primary purpose was to ensure inventory levels (raw and finished goods) were maintained to meet production schedules/requirements.
Good opportunities for career advancement and excellent benefits
System Administrator (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours
JDSU offered me good opportunities for career advancement and excellent benefits. I was fortunate to work within an IT team of highly skilled individuals where collaboration was valued.
Not very secure job...
Software Tester (Former Employee), Nepean, ONJanuary 11, 2015
• Black box testing of software application
• Development of verification test plans and test cases based on requirements, functional specifications, internal user documentation and established quality standards
• Development of test documentation (test procedure, test strategy and test summary reports)
• Entering defects using defect-tracking software and regression testing
The best place so far
Design and Process Engineer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 11, 2014
COM DEV has been the best place with the best culture, people's relationship and engineering challenges. Great learning opportunities, work/life balance.
This was a Manufacturing Plant
Fiber optic module assembly worker (Former Employee), Central SaanichSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: definitely long hours
These were rotating 12 hour shifts.
We worked with Fibre Optics and made modules for tele-communication
Management was good
Co-workers were great, lots of us as the company ran 24 hours a day.
The hardest part of the job was when the company shut its Victoria office and plant.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when the quotas were met and everybody benefited.
Overall work
Assembler (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 6, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: lunch to short
Well a typical day is building product, I've learn lots of hand and eye coordination and eye for details as well as working in a team environment.
very fun and good team work
Quality Control Inspector and Trainer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: lots of over time:-)
Cons: most time you can't say no to overtime;-)
I enjoy working with many people and good team member. No pressure from Management as long as we finished our work. good benefit.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Assembler (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 15, 2014
ITS NOT THERE ANY MORE
NO MRE
NO MORE
EXCELENT WORK PLACE . IT WOULD BE NICE IF THE COMPONY STAY THERE.
Very good place to work
Fibre Optic Component Assembler FLC (Former Employee), Nepean, ONAugust 7, 2013
Make your Quota of the day

Try not to have too many defects on the job
Good company
IT Analyst Level 2 (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 8, 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for maintain and troubleshoot thousands of computers in JDSU, administrate Active Directory server, Exchange server.  Maintain and troubleshoot corporation network (routers and switches). Troubleshoot and support Cisco VOIP call center systems, including Cisco unified communications manager, Cisco Emergency Responder, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco IP Communicator etc.
Deploy, administrate and maintain various software and applications such as Lotus Notes, Oracle, VPN and many other systems is also a key component of this position. Closely work with the other teams such as Desktop service, transport, Messaging and coordinate the tasks which need multiple groups be involved. Do incidents management daily.
Productive and friendly envirnment.
Assmbler (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 9, 2013
Pros: very good company with a fair treatment to all workers.
Cons: sitting for long hours.
Working with JDSU, was really a rich experince that I gained a lot. I worked as a an assmbler, testing microscopic devices. The team was really helpful and very friendly, my co-workers were really nice and fun to work with. The management was approachable most of the time to all workers. I learned how to work and meet deadlines all the time, coping with stress sometimes helped me being a better worker.
US Centric
Hardware Manager, WaveReady Products (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 20, 2013
Typical High Tech atmosphere without the upside benefits for most people.
enjoy working in a fast paced environment
Assembler (Former Employee), ottawaJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: attend seminars
Cons: irregular hours
Making center pieces in a repetitive manner, working with friendly and energetic team
lens and connector
QUALITY CONTROLLER (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 18, 2012
worked with different products and connectors that were used in the manufacture of humidifier systems and was responsible for training new employees.
Headquarters