JBS

JBS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
JOB ENVIRONMENT
Professional Security Officer (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIMay 18, 2015
The environment is challenging, a lot of diversity between many cultures. Working as a security officer at this facility, we get the over all view of the work areas. Dealing with outside vendors to inside employees.
No support to overseas managers
Financial and Administrative Manager (Former Employee), Praha, Czech RepublicApril 20, 2015
Pros: Decent salary
Cons: Lack of strategic direction planning
Hard to convince the board to take basic good decisions that would help the unit, including: do not fire part of the team before Xmas; hire necessary people; and do not give bad news before long production order is shipped.
meat distributtion warehouse
Stylist (Current Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: a job to pay the rent
Cons: cold enviroment and standing all day
JBS is a meat distribution company. I package meat daily, hour vary from 6 1/2 to 8, I work 2:30 until we are finishing filling the orders for the day . our management is not very well trained and learn as they go along, some of the older employees know more of the daily operations then the leads on our shift. the hardest part of my job is dealing with the cold. I cant honestly say I have an enjoyable part of my job.
Fast Paced Production Plant
Pens Supervisor (Former Employee), Greeley, COApril 1, 2015
Pros: Good Salary
Cons: Non-stop production, employees at the whim of HR and others
Very hard and rewarding work in the cattle industry.Many days employees were too busy to take lunch. Non-stop cattle delivery and sometimes poor cattle scheduling.
depending in what area you work its ok
Drum Operator (Current Employee), Cactus, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad management
tannery management don't know how to treat their people, Fab is a little better. I worked there for 7 years and the tannery part wasn't very pleasant. when I moved to fab it was a lot more tolerable injoyed my time there.
The team members wer alway ready to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Greeley, COMarch 20, 2015
Pros: managers were the best
Cons: hr director tough to work with.
Here we supervisors worked a 10 hr day and also learned that the HR director was not big fan of supervisors? the rest of the management team pretty good. To deal wit HR director was tough it was always his way ...that is a for sure wrong...The best thing about JBS is that it was by the mountains..
nice place to work
LPN-EMT-Work Comp coordinator (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 18, 2015
nice place to work with growth potential for production and union worker, advancing with more robotic technology for production efficiency
beef plant
scale/ clerk (Former Employee), Greeley, COMarch 3, 2015
very good for productions it's nice and hard working place productions the hardest part of the jobs is dealing with customer sometimes when the customer doesn't understand you my co-worker were very nice people
Good place to work with co-workers.
production worker (Former Employee), Marshalltown IAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: 25 dollar cupon for chrismas
Cons: health care is bad at jbs
A typical day at work in the jbs pork plant is not as good as the past jobs i have had before.First of all there is no communication for the behalf of the supervisors they do not agree on what should be done first and what should go last on the product. Supervisors do not have Respect for employees(they scream at them,they don't give them time to go to the restrooms).The union at jbs does not help people they just keep saying come back later and they do not do nothing for employees.when you ask for days off they don't give you none even if your a responsible person.The working lines are to fast, they make people over work,the nurses working on jbs they only give you ice and ibuprofen and they tell you to go back to work even if your to hurt to work.
not a fun workplace
Production Worker (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 17, 2015
the management do not care about the employees.the money is ok. i learned to get along with other co-workers that is of different race. the hardest part of the job is being cold. extremely cold. i enjoyed working with other people
fun driving forklift
forklift (Former Employee), Catcus, TxFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: did away with the ovetime
It was something trying not to hit anyone because there are people walking around in all directions and you would need to watch out for the new hires because they had a habit of not paying attention to area. It was really stressful and cold, I lasted as long as I could working in the cold all the time
Challenging, fast paced days.
Supply Chain Scheduling (Former Employee), Greeley, COFebruary 10, 2015
Very goal drive corporation with opportunities to grow. Was let go due to restructuring. Strong leadership with clear expectations. Long hours and typically every other weekend off. Good team members to work with when conflicts arose. Great satisfaction when all of the pieces came together and goals were achieved.
A large company that would take care of their employees
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Greeley, COJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: cafeteria on site, breaks were welcomed
Cons: almost to big for themselves
I liked working for JBS, but was told I would be sales and then denied over a year after being told that.

I moved on to a smaller company, but realized the bigger companies treat their employees with much more respect.
Cold and uninviting enviornment
Break line/Saw Operator (Former Employee), Plainwell, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Hard work and long hours but if you can deal with that the money is there to be mad.
trucks were kept up nice
Truck driver (Former Employee), Greeley, COJanuary 2, 2015
people were pleasant, and trucks maintained, hours could have been better, over all not to bad. Management was rude at times
Kill Floor Clerk (Current Employee), Souderton, PAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: pays good
productive
You learn a lot if you put your head to it. for example i went from a floor employee to helping in health care to doing data entry for the operation manager to a clerk. Now i do multiple jobs around the company when asked.
Management is excellent so are my co-workers
the hardest part of my job is none, i am observant when learning a job.
the most enjoyable part of my job is building graphs and having Safety and Communication meeting.
Handyman
Handyman/Electrition/Plumber (Former Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 16, 2014
Pros: frequent breaks, free lunch and self paced.
I really enjoyed all the tasks i was given, and i also liked the challenges in the every day environment that i was able to fix or remodel.
Poor Salary
Accountant (Former Employee), Baramati, MHNovember 26, 2014
Pros: dont
Cons: dont
its my first job so poor salary and Poor management. working not good for employee. any health or wealth.
A SHIP IN THE WATER THAT IS SINKING
WHAT JOB YOU CAN DO WHAT EVER YOU WANT (Current Employee), Santa fe spring calfOctober 29, 2014
Cons: its a sinking ship.
DO NOT EVEN WORK THERE THAT COMPANY IS LIKE SHIP THAT IS SINKING AND IT WILL TAKE YOU WITH .THEM AND THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR FAMILY THAT SAD SAD SAD .
A great Learning experience
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee), Greeley, COOctober 28, 2014
There is a lot to learn there
Get to work in a diverse place
People genuinely care about you

1 2 3 4 5