JBS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace
general laborer (Former Employee), Rockhampton, QLDJune 3, 2015
Pros: Dealing with livestock, machenary and communcating with a diverse communty from all walks of life.
Cons: Delays
Work begins at 4:30am and from the start its full on with Pre-Operational checks and on the go quick response, its dangerous, its hard work, the quicker you do your part the sooner you finish, always expect complicated situations but mostly handled in a swift and professional manner that comply with company policy and procedures, work usually finishes around 2:00pm-6:30pm depending on are variety of obstacles such as livestock movement, chain movement and delays such like performance, maintenance and emergencies.
I learned that the quicker you are and the more parts you play in the process equals management satisfaction and early knock-offs.
Everybody has a part to play in the process, and depending on your location in the chain, limits your overall workload and performance but in saying that its all very hard work and every co-worker in the process does exactly what they need to do to archive the numbered heads of livestock and statistics.
The hardest part of the job would be training new personnel in the skill of a process worker or stockman.
I really enjoyed the atmosphere working as a team in a variety of situations, the sunrises and sometimes the sunsets and the location of the site had incredible views over looking the paddocks and the river. I encourage anybody to have a go and take it all in.
JBS cable technician review
Cable Technician (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJune 21, 2015
A typical day at work starts with a meeting to review the goals of the day pertaining to customer service. The techs with the highest MPS ratings get recognition then we are deployed to our jobs.
Once our schedules are received each tech has 7-10 homes to visit for installation or repairs on their cabletv/internet needs.
Customer service is very important in this industry due to the fact most customers are disgruntled since most customers wont be able to get a technician to their homes earlier than a week after their request is made.
The hardest part of this job is the time management while dealing with a hostile customer. Many times I've experienced customers who become aggressive when I arrived to their home due to price increases and incorrect pricing from customer service/dispatch were given to the customer. What I've learned about this job is to be patient with all customers and service all request if possible. I've learned to proceed to complete my duties while listening to the customers complaints. The most enjoyable part of my job is leaving their home with my duties met and a smile on the customers face from satisfaction of cable services working.
You will leave with Carpel Tunnel and arthritis...
Meat Cutter (Former Employee), Plainwell, MichiganAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Union
Cons: short breaks, expensive health care and food.
Fab, is cold. You start at 6am. And your breaks are suppose to be 15 mins, but with taking off gear and such normally leads to only about a 7-9 min break if your lucky.
Basically you become good with a knife really quickly. Also figured I would add, the management is TERRIBLE. Went through 4 supervisors on 1 line in 6 months.
The hardest part of the job is getting use to not being able to make a fist, hold onto a inch/inch and a half wide pipe and thats the first you can make.

The only enjoyable part is they do work with you, because it is a union. So its hard to get fired. But between working 55 hours a week and the horrible breaks you almost want to quit...
Structured, Hierarchical Culture.
QA Technical Services Specialist (Former Employee), Greeley, COJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: on-site cafeteria, opportunites for health and fitness programs
Cons: depending on your experience, the culture is confining for those accustomed to creative, relaxed environments.
-The compensation and benefits are comparable to other Northern Colorado companies.
-The organization has strong values in serving customers.
-They could do better with training/employee development and employee recognition and opportunities for advancement.
-The company has been in flux the last few years and has experienced a number of changes in leadership.
-It also is profoundly affected by fluctuating commodities market conditions.
-I never felt pressured to work more than a normal work week. It is dependent upon the level of responsibilities. Those in management positions devote many more hours to their jobs, but that is typical of higher management.
-Generally it is a good place to work.
An isolated environment concentrated on one sector of American life.
Coordinator II/Feed Mill Clerk (Former Employee), Tuscumbia, ALMay 14, 2013
Pros: some flexibility
Cons: rural setting
After living for 14 years in a soon-to-be metropolitan area, to move back to my "hometown area" in general was tough. On the job was very refreshing at first, as I enjoy helping people achieve and to do better for themselves. I was not prepared for the level of the illiteracy in the general area as I helped out in the hiring process. I also did not expect some of my co-workers to not be close-minded and uneducated. These things made the job more difficult than it had to be at times, but at the same time it often afforded me the opportunity to help someone understand something or show them a different way of doing things. This was helpful on the production floor and in the administrative setting.
Good place to work with co-workers.
production worker (Former Employee), Marshalltown IAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: 25 dollar cupon for chrismas
Cons: health care is bad at jbs
A typical day at work in the jbs pork plant is not as good as the past jobs i have had before.First of all there is no communication for the behalf of the supervisors they do not agree on what should be done first and what should go last on the product. Supervisors do not have Respect for employees(they scream at them,they don't give them time to go to the restrooms).The union at jbs does not help people they just keep saying come back later and they do not do nothing for employees.when you ask for days off they don't give you none even if your a responsible person.The working lines are to fast, they make people over work,the nurses working on jbs they only give you ice and ibuprofen and they tell you to go back to work even if your to hurt to work.
JBS was a strong company but is setting its self up for failure
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Paid salary
Cons: Too many hours at work, no family time
Work at JBS is usually pretty routine,train your production workers right and the days fly by.Learned alot about beef and pork fabrication and yields.In the start of my career Management was very STRONG and was set out to be the best.In my last 2 months saw Management become weak.No HR support for Supervisors.About 80 percent of the production workers were great to work with and train,they made my job worth it when times werent soo routine.The hardest part of the job was dealing with the different personalities while having NO HR support.The best job was knowing Yields ,production numbers and safety were all achieved at the end of each shift
Run and Keep Running!!
Clerk (Current Employee), Greeley Corp.February 27, 2013
Pros: good location
Cons: below industry salaries, zero work-life balance, and 50-80 hour work weeks will be required by management.
JBS offers opportunities to learn as entry level employee, but will never offer any training and development to expand skills. There is no individual performance incentives in place to ever receive a raise once hired. Basically, they will hire the cheapest person possible just to save money and then lose that employee within 6 months to pay another new employee a cheap wage. My advice, run and work for their direct competitors (Tyson, Cargill, Sanderson) and get paid the compensation that is deserved. DO NOT sign up for JBS USA.

June 4, 2013

I recently left JBS to relocate. I have never been happier at work than I was while I was employed by this company. Plenty of room for advancement, great location, good people to work with. As an entry level employee I was brought in at decent pay. After a year I had not received a raise, so I simply spoke to my manager about that. I was immediately give a very large increase and six months later when I had my review I received another increase.....very generous. If you were layed off, perhaps you just weren't right for that job.

Managed sales and purchasing for a meat distribution center.
Assistant Manager, Buyer, Sales (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 15, 2012
Pros: large multinational company
Cons: business model and direction of distribution always changing
I was responsible for overseeing the sales staff and made sure that all price lists, inventories and sales strategies were ready when the sales staff got in each day. After that I reviewed the inventory, and inbound product, compared needs to current and future markets to decide what levels to sell inventory at and how much to buy to make the unit consistently profitable while keeping inventory current and on the market. Followed the business and markets, as the day progressed, to decide when to sell harder or hold the prices and secure better margins later. I aso, while doing all of the previous jobs, made calls to my own customers to maintain my personal sales numbers.
Zero employee loyalty
Packer (Former Employee), Hyrum, UtahApril 2, 2013
Pros: not a single pro
Cons: horrible employee loyalty
The great people of JBS are a bunch of lowlifes. A great man who has worked at millers packing(NOW JBS) for 40 years was just let go because they said his job had become "obsolete". He was a the service manager and he basically ran the place... I met this guy after I had applied for his job yesterday that they had supposedly "done away with". When I showed him the the ad for the job he was totally heart broken. He feels abandoned at 62 to have to go off and apply for jobs. A company that treats our elders like that should be ashamed and don't deserve to exist.
Good pay and benefits from bad company
Waste Water Mechanic (Former Employee), Marshalltown, IASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits.
Cons: bad company to work for.
Go ahead and work at JBS they have great diversity in there work force and pay well and have great benefits but as maintenance you work 7 days a week and i got no breaks and was told i could have to work up to twelves each day with no notice. And working second shift that only gives you before work to get anything done and they are not understanding at all if your late and you buy your uniforms there and they over charge you and they over charge you in the cafeteria so !!WATCH YOUR PAY STUBS!! closely. They are 99% union and the union dues arent expensive but the reps dont seem to care and never help.
I wouldn't do it
Buyer (Former Employee), Louisville KYJuly 9, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: where do i begin?
You never know what you will encounter when you come to work. The plant is old and is in desperate need of repair. It is a wonder that the USDA hasn't shut the place down. I don't know what that says about the USDA. I have never worked for a more unorganized company in my career; they will work you for hours on end until you make a mistake and then they fire you. The pay is decent if you are a supervisor in operations; if you are in procurement they will not pay you according to the amount of work you are given. The humane handling department is a joke; especially if you have livestock experience (for they do not!) Good luck to you if you so decide to take a job with this joke of a packing plant.
Long work days with little to no home life/ stressful work environment
Shipping Supervisor (Current Employee), Greeley, COAugust 25, 2014
Pros: discounts on meat packaged at facility
Cons: shipping works most days of the year including holidays
We are required to work long hours, and usually 6-7 days a week. Very stressful, high demand job. In charge of keeping product out the door, while making sure production floors continue to run efficiently. I enjoy the people I work with in my department, and consider them family due to the amount of time we spend together. The hardest part about my job is being away from my family and missing all of the special moments with my wife and son. The most enjoyable part of my job is the experience and people I work with.
You are a number and most folks in the trenches numbly trod thru their day.
Logistics (Current Employee), Greeley CO CorporateMay 16, 2014
Pros: good cafe on premises.
Cons: corporate back-stabbing is at a premium & a culture of fear & anxiety permeates the building.
Lotsa promises, little follow-through.

Only a select few care enough to make it their mission to better the company...with repercussions (back-stabbing, headaches, etc..)
The rest are marionettes parroting rhetoric and dumb slogans to each other until they get to leave the office for the day.

This isn't to say that the company is without its potential. Its just sad to see so much of it wasted everyday.
productive with great management on the west coast
driver (Current Employee), Hyrum, UTJuly 23, 2012
Pros: new equipment
Cons: they make up reasons to not give me my bonuses
I love my job and love to drive and the management is great well certain people in the management are nice I just don't like being told I am going to get paid for something and when the time comes they make up excuses I have learned to work hard and put safety first I average around 600 miles most days and unload one to two trailers per week for extra pay I really like everything about my job as long as I am driving
Fast Paced and Multitasking
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Plainwell, MIAugust 29, 2012
Pros: great benifits and special free lunches at holidays
Cons: short or missed breaks and long hours
A typical day at work would include proof reading, documentation, records management, updates for USDA requirements.
Every day was a learning experience and knowledge was gained on a daily basis.
Worked well with all levels of management.
Co-workers rallied as a team
Communications to understand various nationalities and their issues was the most difficult task.
Most enjoyable were the daily challenges which led to teamwork and resulted in accomplishments.
Successful and growing company
Logistics & Documentation Specialist (Former Employee), Greeley, COJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: great benefits, added fitness classes, walking path around beautiful park with lakes
Cons: long hours/weekends, lower pay than most in industry, not family oriented
Work-a-holics dream job! Busy from start to finish in a typical day. Very little time for boredom! Not a typical hum-drum job as opportunities allow for diverse culture and travel. The hardest part of the job is balancing work with family. The most enjoyable was realizing how small the world can be and building friendships overseas.
meat distributtion warehouse
Stylist (Current Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: a job to pay the rent
Cons: cold enviroment and standing all day
JBS is a meat distribution company. I package meat daily, hour vary from 6 1/2 to 8, I work 2:30 until we are finishing filling the orders for the day . our management is not very well trained and learn as they go along, some of the older employees know more of the daily operations then the leads on our shift. the hardest part of my job is dealing with the cold. I cant honestly say I have an enjoyable part of my job.
Great stable place to work
Office Manager (Current Employee), Seaford, DEJune 24, 2013
Pros: interacting with drivers and customers. making sure my customers are satisfied.
Cons: my only complaint would be the long hours.
Work day begins at 3 am and runs until 3 pm. Therefore the stablity is good. I have learned about time management, weighing trucks, dispatching. I process payroll. I also interact with customers to assist with their needs. I use MS Excel and Word on and everyday basis. I have been able to imporove on my MS Office skills. The hardest part of the job is the hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with my customers.
no free lunch
strip bonner (Former Employee), Greeley, COOctober 6, 2013
Pros: no free lunch just i cooked my lunch when i work here in my current workplace.
Cons: i have breaks and health care
In my work place just i enjoy with my co-workers. my friends are good and they do their job properly, five days a week some times when hollydays are on working day we work on saturday the management things are good run peacefully the hardest part of the job is the whole day some times we use hammers and knife , but the only problem is that the salary is less according to what i deed in the company .