JBS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Shipping and Recieving
Warehouse Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2016
Pros: Small crew, sense of brotherhood
Cons: Often overstocked the warehouse, When slow we would not hit our 40 hrs which made it hard for family to adjust with pay fluxation.
Worked at a meat warehouse we would receive at least 7 trucks a day, and I worked in the freezer, it was 5 degrees in there, so you have to constantly move to stay warm and if it was dead I'd clean, rotate products, combine pallets, and make room for inventory coming in that week. I loved it so much, I was very prideful of how clean the freezer stayed everyday before I left. I did daily inventory along with once a month full warehouse Saturday inventory, which was not a big deal cause I made it simple on everyone by always being organized.
Decent experience
Quality Technician (Current Employee), Tolleson, AZMay 18, 2016
The job is too easy, people disregard quality standards. Really long hours, often not a set schedule set, all varies with manufacturing needs of the day.
Company is a joke!!!!
Laborer (Former Employee), Mayfield, KYMay 8, 2016
Pros: Seniority, co-workers
Cons: insurance, to many want-to-be's
NO communication between ANYONE!!! Those who work will do ALL of it because if you don't want too, then you don't have too and nothing is done. Supervisors run around and don't have a clue. Upper management DOESN'T have a clue what goes on in that plant. Money was okay. They play their favorites. Co-workers were great!!! Hardest part of the job....getting up and going, knowing what the day was going to be like. A horrible place to work compared too what it use to be!!!!
Very productive and wonderful people!
Receptionist (Former Employee), Greeley, COApril 29, 2016
Everyone were such awesome people to work around and very friendly! Definitely got to meet some wonderful people while working there.
JBS dont go there
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Plainwell, MIApril 26, 2016
Cons: poor management
They only care about the production. Low pay. Dangerous place to work bad supervisors bad food dangerous co workers drugs alcohol
Good place to start
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Ottumwa, IAMarch 22, 2016
Pros: Upgrade in equipment
Cons: no Union specific to the Maintenance Department
I have only worked for JBS since November of 2015. So far a lot of changes are still in play. For the most part things have not changed as far as the actual work that I do. Still too early to tell the true differences between the two companies.November 2015 JBS officially bought Cargill Meat Solutions Pork plant in Ottumwa, Iowa.
Jbs
Employee (Current Employee), Townsville QLDMarch 3, 2016
Been working here for eighht years and will continue to do so until i require further work in the future. I enjoy working here
product
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee), Worthington, MNMarch 2, 2016
Pros: bonus
Cons: healthcare
Nice company/w good healthcare, brake time mandatory, vacation the first 6 moths if working at cold floor, pay check bonus,every 6 moths for the kill floor and packing.
Long shifts
BRISKET CUTTER (Former Employee), Grand Island, NEFebruary 17, 2016
Had long shifts but was great paying job want to find something as a learning type of job lots of great benifits an great enviorment
Hard place to work for, the company morale is terrible.
Quality Assurance utility technician (Current Employee), Ottumwa, IAFebruary 13, 2016
Try to get through everyday at a company where upper management can't make a decision on how to deal with product or issues. A company that has no regard for employees well being. Communication is the worst I've ever dealt with in any company I've worked for. If people and corners can be cut to make an extra dollar then they will take it. The only thing enjoyable is the paycheck.
Great culture
Manager (Current Employee), Lins, SPJanuary 31, 2016
One of the most rewarding benefits on working in JBS is its familiar and humble environment.
JBS has grown at a fast pace because the founders are down to earth oriented and constructed a positive atmosphere among all employees
Great company to work for with a great owner.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJanuary 23, 2016
Pros: Free gas, food, breaks were good and pay was good aswell.
Cons: no benefits.
This company is a privately owned installation company and I only worked there for a short period of time.During the time I worked there I really enjoyed it.The atmosphere and freedom was great.I was a supervisor who ran a team of seven installation associates.I helped when needed in installing difficult projects and also performed daily audits etc.I also built route sheets and did office things for the owner of the company.
JBS Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee), Souderton, PAJanuary 21, 2016
Coordinated closely with the quality control regarding products awaiting dispositions. Maintained and enforced a safe and clean working environment at all times. Supervised production schedules, production quality and on time delivery.
JBS was a strong company but is setting its self up for failure
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Paid salary
Cons: Too many hours at work, no family time
Work at JBS is usually pretty routine,train your production workers right and the days fly by.Learned alot about beef and pork fabrication and yields.In the start of my career Management was very STRONG and was set out to be the best.In my last 2 months saw Management become weak.No HR support for Supervisors.About 80 percent of the production workers were great to work with and train,they made my job worth it when times werent soo routine.The hardest part of the job was dealing with the different personalities while having NO HR support.The best job was knowing Yields ,production numbers and safety were all achieved at the end of each shift
Very progressive company that values their employees.
Retail Product Manager (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: Great Pay and benefits.
Cons: Long hours
JBS has been a great company to work for. They are very progressive and take great pride in their people and truly treat them as an assett.
we traveled alot
Installation Technician (Former Employee), Gatesville, TXJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: No health care no benifits
fast paced, long hours, installing big top buildings.
my boss was great to work for.
I became friends with most of the guys I worked with.
Very strict
scaler (Current Employee), Ottumwa, IAJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: No work on Sundays
Cons: Doing away with jobs
JBS bought out Cargill. They came in limited our bathroom time. They want us to use our breaks to go to the bathroom. The second week they enforced their " no cell phone policy on the floor" they pocket searched me and tried to write me up. Things are said to get worse.
its a good place to work at
Mixer (Current Employee), Commerce, GADecember 7, 2015
Pros: I love my job I just want to better myself
Cons: don't have any
I think that all company's has a place to improve in they are all not perfect they are learning every day I learn a lot from the people I work with and skill learning every day.
a typical day at work
Refrigeration Technician (Former Employee), Elberton, GANovember 30, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Learned a lot
combo set up (Former Employee), Plainwell, MINovember 16, 2015
It was a lot of decent training and this is where I learned to multi task the best, I was a hilo driver, weighed and cut meat, also a lot of paperwork and organization was a must however, they need to be fair and treat their people better