JBS Employee Reviews

Shipping and Recieving
Warehouse Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2016
Worked at a meat warehouse we would receive at least 7 trucks a day, and I worked in the freezer, it was 5 degrees in there, so you have to constantly move to stay warm and if it was dead I'd clean, rotate products, combine pallets, and make room for inventory coming in that week. I loved it so much, I was very prideful of how clean the freezer stayed everyday before I left. I did daily inventory along with once a month full warehouse Saturday inventory, which was not a big deal cause I made it simple on everyone by always being organized.
Pros
Small crew, sense of brotherhood
Cons
Often overstocked the warehouse, When slow we would not hit our 40 hrs which made it hard for family to adjust with pay fluxation.
No upper management stability
Employee (Current Employee) –  Souderton, PAJune 9, 2016
Upper management needs training - they won't write anyone up for violations but will discipline for attendance?!?!

High management turn-over and lack of knowledge / experience - they promote the best of the worse.

No advancement for women with credible training/experience, favoritism is abundant.

Truly is the prisoners running the prison atmosphere.
Pros
no micro-management
Cons
no discipline, favoritism, discriminatory behaviors
Company is a joke!!!!
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, KYMay 8, 2016
NO communication between ANYONE!!! Those who work will do ALL of it because if you don't want too, then you don't have too and nothing is done. Supervisors run around and don't have a clue. Upper management DOESN'T have a clue what goes on in that plant. Money was okay. They play their favorites. Co-workers were great!!! Hardest part of the job....getting up and going, knowing what the day was going to be like. A horrible place to work compared too what it use to be!!!!
Pros
Seniority, co-workers
Cons
insurance, to many want-to-be's
Good place to start
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAMarch 22, 2016
I have only worked for JBS since November of 2015. So far a lot of changes are still in play. For the most part things have not changed as far as the actual work that I do. Still too early to tell the true differences between the two companies.November 2015 JBS officially bought Cargill Meat Solutions Pork plant in Ottumwa, Iowa.
Pros
Upgrade in equipment
Cons
no Union specific to the Maintenance Department
very cold workplace
Meat Line Runner (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCJune 2, 2016
This is the least favorite of my jobs. I stayed sick constantly and my coworkers were not the slightest friendly. It honestly seemed more like a prison rather than work place. The enjoyable part was that the pay was very good. The hardest part was definitely the work conditions.
Pros
hour lunch break
Cons
working in 20degree weather
Hard place to work for, the company morale is terrible.
Quality Assurance utility technician (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAFebruary 13, 2016
Try to get through everyday at a company where upper management can't make a decision on how to deal with product or issues. A company that has no regard for employees well being. Communication is the worst I've ever dealt with in any company I've worked for. If people and corners can be cut to make an extra dollar then they will take it. The only thing enjoyable is the paycheck.
Great company to work for with a great owner.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJanuary 23, 2016
This company is a privately owned installation company and I only worked there for a short period of time.During the time I worked there I really enjoyed it.The atmosphere and freedom was great.I was a supervisor who ran a team of seven installation associates.I helped when needed in installing difficult projects and also performed daily audits etc.I also built route sheets and did office things for the owner of the company.
Pros
Free gas, food, breaks were good and pay was good aswell.
Cons
no benefits.
JBS was a strong company but is setting its self up for failure
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Work at JBS is usually pretty routine,train your production workers right and the days fly by.Learned alot about beef and pork fabrication and yields.In the start of my career Management was very STRONG and was set out to be the best.In my last 2 months saw Management become weak.No HR support for Supervisors.About 80 percent of the production workers were great to work with and train,they made my job worth it when times werent soo routine.The hardest part of the job was dealing with the different personalities while having NO HR support.The best job was knowing Yields ,production numbers and safety were all achieved at the end of each shift
Pros
Paid salary
Cons
Too many hours at work, no family time
Productive ansd enjoyable place to work
Slicer (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLDMay 23, 2016
I liked working here with plenty to do to keep me interested and fit. I learned teamwork, and production line standards, the hardest part of the job was the early morning starts.
Pros
Lunch room book up
Friendly work enviroment
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 7, 2016
A great place to work at, fun atmosphere. People there are very easy going and makes everyone feel welcome. good place for advancement. Management could use some improvement, other than that is a good place to be.
Overall
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJune 3, 2016
All information is passed down after a meeting at 8:00 a.m.
Information is passed from management to the individuals in production. There are three shifts that function different rolls of production.
Pros
time
Cons
training
Very strict
scaler (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAJanuary 3, 2016
JBS bought out Cargill. They came in limited our bathroom time. They want us to use our breaks to go to the bathroom. The second week they enforced their " no cell phone policy on the floor" they pocket searched me and tried to write me up. Things are said to get worse.
Pros
No work on Sundays
Cons
Doing away with jobs
Productive and fun place to work
Maintenance Technician/ Forklift/Operator (Former Employee) –  Plainwell, MINovember 8, 2015
There was a lot of variety in what I did each day. If you enjoy doing hands on work, JBS might be a place for you work. Make sure you dress warm because its a refrigerated facility. Supervisors are understanding and will work with you no matter what. Make sure you ask questions or confront the guys in grey,blue and green hard hats. You will never go wrong
JBS Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Souderton, PAJanuary 21, 2016
Coordinated closely with the quality control regarding products awaiting dispositions. Maintained and enforced a safe and clean working environment at all times. Supervised production schedules, production quality and on time delivery.
Great culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lins, SPJanuary 31, 2016
One of the most rewarding benefits on working in JBS is its familiar and humble environment.
JBS has grown at a fast pace because the founders are down to earth oriented and constructed a positive atmosphere among all employees
JBS dont go there
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Plainwell, MIApril 26, 2016
They only care about the production. Low pay. Dangerous place to work bad supervisors bad food dangerous co workers drugs alcohol
Cons
poor management
Very productive and wonderful people!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 29, 2016
Everyone were such awesome people to work around and very friendly! Definitely got to meet some wonderful people while working there.
Very progressive company that values their employees.
Retail Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 17, 2016
JBS has been a great company to work for. They are very progressive and take great pride in their people and truly treat them as an assett.
Pros
Great Pay and benefits.
product
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Worthington, MNMarch 2, 2016
Nice company/w good healthcare, brake time mandatory, vacation the first 6 moths if working at cold floor, pay check bonus,every 6 moths for the kill floor and packing.
Pros
bonus
Cons
healthcare
This was a new experience and job field for me, and it was a great experience.
Sales Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainwell, MIOctober 8, 2015
The days were long, but never boring. I enjoyed the ladies and gentlemen that I worked with on a daily basis. I sometimes wish that I had taken the transfer to Colorado, but still, I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Great pay and benefits package and great people to work with.
Cons
Long ours in an office. I much more prefer to work outdoors.