JBS

JBS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good workplace but has management problems
Palletizer (Former Employee), Tolleson, AZJune 16, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: people alot of people to deal with
this job was one of the best jobs i had we packed cow organs and occasionally ill be called to the kill floor to help in splitting cow skulls other than that id be packing and stacking the boxes of organs but arguements with the lead led to me being let go
Productive and fun workplace
general laborer (Former Employee), Rockhampton, QLDJune 3, 2015
Pros: Dealing with livestock, machenary and communcating with a diverse communty from all walks of life.
Cons: Delays
Work begins at 4:30am and from the start its full on with Pre-Operational checks and on the go quick response, its dangerous, its hard work, the quicker you do your part the sooner you finish, always expect complicated situations but mostly handled in a swift and professional manner that comply with company policy and procedures, work usually finishes around 2:00pm-6:30pm depending on are variety of obstacles such as livestock movement, chain movement and delays such like performance, maintenance and emergencies.
I learned that the quicker you are and the more parts you play in the process equals management satisfaction and early knock-offs.
Everybody has a part to play in the process, and depending on your location in the chain, limits your overall workload and performance but in saying that its all very hard work and every co-worker in the process does exactly what they need to do to archive the numbered heads of livestock and statistics.
The hardest part of the job would be training new personnel in the skill of a process worker or stockman.
I really enjoyed the atmosphere working as a team in a variety of situations, the sunrises and sometimes the sunsets and the location of the site had incredible views over looking the paddocks and the river. I encourage anybody to have a go and take it all in.
Decent place to work.
Hide Trimmer, and Flesher (Former Employee), Greeley COMay 29, 2015
Pay is very good. The work can be very demanding, and very dirty at times. I had an overall good experience at JBS, but my supervisor was inadequate for the department I worked in.
Production work
supervisor (Former Employee), greeley coMay 27, 2015
Standard work day included cutting meat and moving half cows. I learned a lot about knife technique and sharpening. The crew was great. Management not so much
JOB ENVIRONMENT
Professional Security Officer (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIMay 18, 2015
The environment is challenging, a lot of diversity between many cultures. Working as a security officer at this facility, we get the over all view of the work areas. Dealing with outside vendors to inside employees.
No support to overseas managers
Financial and Administrative Manager (Former Employee), Praha, Czech RepublicApril 20, 2015
Pros: Decent salary
Cons: Lack of strategic direction planning
Hard to convince the board to take basic good decisions that would help the unit, including: do not fire part of the team before Xmas; hire necessary people; and do not give bad news before long production order is shipped.
meat distributtion warehouse
Stylist (Current Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: a job to pay the rent
Cons: cold enviroment and standing all day
JBS is a meat distribution company. I package meat daily, hour vary from 6 1/2 to 8, I work 2:30 until we are finishing filling the orders for the day . our management is not very well trained and learn as they go along, some of the older employees know more of the daily operations then the leads on our shift. the hardest part of my job is dealing with the cold. I cant honestly say I have an enjoyable part of my job.
Fast Paced Production Plant
Pens Supervisor (Former Employee), Greeley, COApril 1, 2015
Pros: Good Salary
Cons: Non-stop production, employees at the whim of HR and others
Very hard and rewarding work in the cattle industry.Many days employees were too busy to take lunch. Non-stop cattle delivery and sometimes poor cattle scheduling.
depending in what area you work its ok
Drum Operator (Current Employee), Cactus, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad management
tannery management don't know how to treat their people, Fab is a little better. I worked there for 7 years and the tannery part wasn't very pleasant. when I moved to fab it was a lot more tolerable injoyed my time there.
The team members wer alway ready to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Greeley, COMarch 20, 2015
Pros: managers were the best
Cons: hr director tough to work with.
Here we supervisors worked a 10 hr day and also learned that the HR director was not big fan of supervisors? the rest of the management team pretty good. To deal wit HR director was tough it was always his way ...that is a for sure wrong...The best thing about JBS is that it was by the mountains..
nice place to work
LPN-EMT-Work Comp coordinator (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 18, 2015
nice place to work with growth potential for production and union worker, advancing with more robotic technology for production efficiency
beef plant
scale/ clerk (Former Employee), Greeley, COMarch 3, 2015
very good for productions it's nice and hard working place productions the hardest part of the jobs is dealing with customer sometimes when the customer doesn't understand you my co-worker were very nice people
Good place to work with co-workers.
production worker (Former Employee), Marshalltown IAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: 25 dollar cupon for chrismas
Cons: health care is bad at jbs
A typical day at work in the jbs pork plant is not as good as the past jobs i have had before.First of all there is no communication for the behalf of the supervisors they do not agree on what should be done first and what should go last on the product. Supervisors do not have Respect for employees(they scream at them,they don't give them time to go to the restrooms).The union at jbs does not help people they just keep saying come back later and they do not do nothing for employees.when you ask for days off they don't give you none even if your a responsible person.The working lines are to fast, they make people over work,the nurses working on jbs they only give you ice and ibuprofen and they tell you to go back to work even if your to hurt to work.
not a fun workplace
Production Worker (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 17, 2015
the management do not care about the employees.the money is ok. i learned to get along with other co-workers that is of different race. the hardest part of the job is being cold. extremely cold. i enjoyed working with other people
fun driving forklift
forklift (Former Employee), Catcus, TxFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: did away with the ovetime
It was something trying not to hit anyone because there are people walking around in all directions and you would need to watch out for the new hires because they had a habit of not paying attention to area. It was really stressful and cold, I lasted as long as I could working in the cold all the time
Challenging, fast paced days.
Supply Chain Scheduling (Former Employee), Greeley, COFebruary 10, 2015
Very goal drive corporation with opportunities to grow. Was let go due to restructuring. Strong leadership with clear expectations. Long hours and typically every other weekend off. Good team members to work with when conflicts arose. Great satisfaction when all of the pieces came together and goals were achieved.
A large company that would take care of their employees
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Greeley, COJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: cafeteria on site, breaks were welcomed
Cons: almost to big for themselves
I liked working for JBS, but was told I would be sales and then denied over a year after being told that.

I moved on to a smaller company, but realized the bigger companies treat their employees with much more respect.
Cold and uninviting enviornment
Break line/Saw Operator (Former Employee), Plainwell, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Hard work and long hours but if you can deal with that the money is there to be mad.
trucks were kept up nice
Truck driver (Former Employee), Greeley, COJanuary 2, 2015
people were pleasant, and trucks maintained, hours could have been better, over all not to bad. Management was rude at times
Kill Floor Clerk (Current Employee), Souderton, PAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: pays good
productive
You learn a lot if you put your head to it. for example i went from a floor employee to helping in health care to doing data entry for the operation manager to a clerk. Now i do multiple jobs around the company when asked.
Management is excellent so are my co-workers
the hardest part of my job is none, i am observant when learning a job.
the most enjoyable part of my job is building graphs and having Safety and Communication meeting.

1 2 3 4 5