Title: Systems Administrator - Level 2
Location: Vancouver, BC
A national Canadian IT company is looking to fill a technical role in their Vancouver headquarters. The company is an industry leader in data centre automation through design, deployment and management focused on 4 key practice areas - virtualization & cloud, server infrastructure, data management and networks.
We are seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual who possesses strong technical leadership and ability, to work on our managed services team. They must have a demonstrated track record of successfully managing their day-to-day tasks while at the same time staying on-track to more strategic goals, projects and initiatives.
The key focus will be providing service provider grade computing and storage technical support and innovation. The role also requires customer account ownership at a technical level, so clear communication written and verbal is also a must.
Other candidate requirements and functions are:
- 3-5+ years of service provider technical support of computing and storage technologies
- Resolve the majority of complex configuration problems by troubleshooting and simulation.
- Deep technical problem isolation and resolution capability
- Strict adherence to the use of the ticketing system for ALL incidents, changes and problems.
- Escalation to Vendor(Level 4) support when required to ensure Service Level Agreements are met.
- Ability to correlate incident trends into problem management and execute permanent fixes.
- Timely generation of customer facing incident reports (within 3 business days of incident)
- Execute monthly patch management research, reports and implementation on infrastructure.
- Facilitate generation of monthly operational reports for presentation to customers.
- Conduct regular live client support visits to maintain technical relationship, review operational reports, assess general IT infrastructure health, take deeper dive into outstanding technical issues, conduct trend analysis on top 5 failure modes and diagnose to full root cause corrective action.
- Conduct regular technical meetings with both Vendor and Client to address any trends or outstanding systemic issues
- Provide lab simulation and interoperability and compatibility testing for new builds
- Define an action plan for troubleshooting / resolution
- Analyze troubleshooting techniques output, diagnose problems remotely
- Test in lab before deployment of possible fix
- Must maintain the highest level of industry certification and knowledge.
- Ability to architect, build, maintain, and enhance our current managed service offerings and infrastructure.
- Act as a sales overlay by providing input and support to sales for opportunities (RFP responses, prospect meetings, information gathering sessions)
- Demonstrated experience using an ITIL based ticketing systems.
- Demonstrated track record of service level management.
- Demonstrated Root Cause Correct Action analysis, report generation, and presentation to customers.
- Demonstrated project timeline management skills.
- Demonstrated ability todrivecontinuous improvement through innovation and change.
- Demonstrated customer facing support experience.
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to articulate task management, priorities, and issues.
- Software: Linux RHEL/CentOS, yum/RPM, BIND, Postfix, ZFS, Nagios, Apache, MySQL, Cacti, loadbalancing
- Protocols: DNS, TCP/IP, SMTP, RAID, packet filtering firewalls, basic routing, SNMP, switching/layer2, VPN
- Technologies: VMware ESX, Netapp, HP DL servers, Zimbra, F5 BigIP, FalconStor
- Scripting: Bash/Perl/Python scripting
- ITIL Certified
Indeed - 12 months ago