Company: JazmYn Staffing Solutions
Location: Liberty Village, Downtown Toronto
Duration: 3 month contract with opportunity to extend
Title: Middleware Websphere Administrator
As a member of the Internet Applications team, the WebSphere system administrator performs the installation, configuration, and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of a WebSphere runtime environment. This includes the design and implementation of infrastructure from specifications, configuration and deployment of applications, connecting to back-end resources, and advanced troubleshooting of moderately complex software applications. This role requires the candidate to be highly flexible in hours of work because of its customer-facing, highly available infrastructure necessity.
- Deployment, administration and operational support of (production, staging, test and development) environments for multiple projects using WebSphere Application Server.
- Under general direction, devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems.
- Work with the development staff to determine project requirements for test/production environments.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications server activities.
- Keep current with emerging software enhancements, security patches and bug fixes.
- Monitor application server performance and respond appropriately.
- Modifies, installs, and prepares technical documentation for system software applications
- Monitors systems capacity and performance, plans and executes disaster recovery procedures, and provides Tier 2 technical support.
- Provides high level written communications such as white papers, decision documents, or research papers
- Identify, escalate and document production impact issues for the environment to confirmed delivery for client and business notification.
The ideal candidate has to have:
- 2+ years of experience with Solaris, Linux OR AIX flavour Unix Support (60% of the role)
-Experience with WebSphere Application Servers (40% of the role)
-Knowledge of Apache