Entry level purchasing clerk required to support the Senior Buyer in an office supplies company. If you are graduating (recently graduated) with a purchasing certificate or logistics certificate - this could be an excellent way to get started in your career.
The position requires a forward thinker with excellent organizational ability in order to execute the position’s responsibilities. The (Buying Specialist coordinates activities relating to sourcing and inventory (in stock or show room).
Success in this position will be measured through effective sourcing of product, including negotiations as directed by the Senior Buyer.
In this role, it is expected that the incumbent will be effective in communication with other team members and with our vendors.
- source items/programs via email, Skype, phone as directed from Senior Buyer
- price negotiation with suppliers directed from the Senior Buyer
- obtains required information from buyer/supplier to set up new items, ensuring all procedures are followed
- receiving and sending samples to and from suppliers
- prepare all receiving documents for supplier samples and forward to finance department
- duty codes/rates (new only)
- update, maintain, audit inspection or testing spreadsheets and (subject expert on the spreadsheets)
Purchase Order Maintenance
- prepare all required paperwork to put the purchase order in transit, then forwards transit documents to Operations
- inspects all shipments for accuracy (new and repeat merchandise)
- ensures all aspects of product are accurate in system
- ensures all changes are made in system to ensure accurate data within the system
- updating pricing of items in system
- compare purchase orders to invoices received to verify receipt of items ordered
- maintains the company’s compliant spec sheet and maintains the spec sheet file within the purchasing office
- tracks, receives, forwards shipping documents
- tracks original bills of lading, courier to forwarders, complete ‘in transit’ folder before Logistics
- investigates causes of lost or damaged shipments; make adjustments or conduct investigations as necessary
- coordinate with forwarders for urgent information requests for information or bills of lading
- assist with issuing purchase orders
- Assist production department with catalogue (i.e. proofing, samples for photograph)
Sample Room Maintenance
- maintains this room as directed by the Senior Buyer
- maintains all showrooms - kept clean and usable based upon current programs
Filing (and other) Duties
- completes all filing duties for the buying office in a timely manner
- be aware on how to coordinate and submit timely and accurate inventory control data and analysis for reporting weekly/monthly/annually.
THE ABILITY TO HANDLE MULTIPLE DEMANDS UNDER PRESSURE IS IMPORTANT AS THE INCUMBENT IS ASSISTING WITH THE BUYING ACTIVITY FOR THE ORGANIZATION. SOME OVERTIME WILL BE REQUIRED.
Minimum college education in Purchasing or Logistics.
Starting certification in PMAC would be a real asset
This is an ENTRY LEVEL role. A great place to build your career and work with some great people!