JATEC is an industry leader in the installation of underground utilities in subdivisions and the installation of highway signs and street lighting. We are established and growing in the Edmonton area and are searching for a Skilled Labourer to support our cable installation crews by installing power, telus, and shaw cable in underground subdivisions. The ideal candidate must be willing and able to work 10 – 12 hour days, 6 days per week, and in all weather conditions year-round. Iron work, scaffolding, concrete forming, carpentry, and heavy equipment experience is considered an asset.
Job tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Digging and cleaning out trenches.
- Installing the cable (power, telus, shaw).
- Installing PEDS, electrical boxes and transformers.
- Shoveling snow, clearing dirt, and removing water from trenches.
- Running cable through PVC pipe underground.
- Operating a skid steer if needed or willing to learn.
- Providing manual labour as needed.
- Class 5 license with own vehicle.
- Air Brake Endorsement is an asset.
- Experience in a construction environment.
- Experience operating equipment is an asset.
- Willing to get muddy.
- Hard worker.
- Easy going attitude.
- Desire to please and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Adapt to change easily.
- Help with tasks as they get assigned and be willing change on short notice.
We offer excellent wages, benefits, year-round work, lots of overtime hours, and a huge opportunity to learn and grow.
Indeed - 24 days ago