JATEC is an established and evolving company that is a leader in underground utilities and the installation of highway signs. We have a great opportunity for a person to assist in the installation of highway sign and street light foundations bases as well as the assembly of highway sign structures.
The ideal candidate must be able to work 10-12 hours a day, 6 days a week. We are in a start-up of a long term contract and this is a good opportunity to establish oneself on a team that is focused on getting results and building a high performing team. We are involved with a unique aspect of construction and this enables our people to grow in an industry that is in demand. This position will be responsible for concrete forming job duties as well as labour work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Form concrete foundations
- Pile foundations to support streetlights and highway signs.
- Set up the conditions for concrete to be poured.
- Measuring, leveling, setting anchor bolts, place rebar cage, and placement of sonic tube.
- Set, level, and form the concrete base to standards.
- Experience with concrete forming.
- Experience operating heavy equipment is an asset.
- Help with other tasks as needed and be willing to jump in on short notice.
- Team player.
- Adapt to change in a fast paced environment.
- Iron work, scaffolding, concrete forming, carpentry, and heavy equipment experience is considered an asset.
We offer excellent wages, benefits, year-round work, lots of overtime hours, and a huge opportunity to learn and grow.