Japan Tobacco International Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you're wiling to live in Izmir / Turkey
Business Applications - Manager (Current Employee) –  İzmir, T35January 10, 2016
My review is only for the Turkish entity. JTI holds the second place in the market and it grown even bigger every year. It's a great place to work comparing to what's available in Izmir. Money is good, you get constant training on soft and hard skills depending on your needs. People you work with are generally great which makes it easier to work for everyone. Friendly and family like environment. Very little opportunities in IT field but your job is safe for as long as you do your work. I recommend JT International Turkey for everyone wanting to give it a try in Turkey.
Pros
Smart people, above the avarage salary, job security
Cons
Limited chance to advance in IT related career, higly regulated market
Working places is good, it has a family oriented management with a friendly working environment and family culture.
Field Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  SwitzerlandOctober 24, 2012
Japan Tobacco International (Phils.),Inc. is the most admired company in the Philippines not only because of being a multinational company but a globally market leader in the cigarettes industry. JTI, it has a family oriented company, by the book and very stick when it comes to the implementation of the company policies and procedures. It has a high standard requirements due to globally market and businesses. one of the most high salary offered to the employees, there's a lot of benefits from mandatory up to company initiatives. It has a friendly and family culture with a peace of mind working environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is using a brand new service vehicle upon boarding in the company.
Pros
free gasoline, hotel accomodation, foods and phone allowances, etc
Cons
no limit of working hours
Good job.
Tactical Trade Marketeer (Current Employee) –  Bristol, ENGDecember 21, 2015
Very good company to work for, excellent packages inc car and private health care. Alot of commitment is required to progress. Overalla good place to work
A very challenging workplace
Taxation & Regulatory Affairs Manager (Current Employee) –  ChisinauOctober 3, 2015
Good people. I remember that I met great people at JTI. I am still connected to them and enjoy their company. The management is too distant from the employees.
Pros
People
Cons
Workload
major player on the local tobacco market
Project Engineer / Global supply chain department (Former Employee) –  AlmatySeptember 14, 2015
Profitable and reliable company, generating a huge cash flow and pays major parts of taxes to the local state budget.
Japan management’s influence, Kaizen and other approaches
Pros
free lunches, transportation, healthcare insurance
Can be a good place to work
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAOctober 27, 2015
not to bad of a place to work if you can only stand the smell of tobacco all day. The people you work with are very helpful and supportive.
Overall great company
District Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 4, 2012
Overall great company, diverse cultures are idealized, communication was simple and to the point. Benefits and pay are far above average, co-workers strive to help each other succed and propel the company programs forward.
Pros
enjoyable work environment
Cons
tools needed to complete assignments were lacking, managment did not listen to the front line sales force.
Great company
Demand & Supply Forecasting Exec (Former Employee) –  Weybridge, SurreyMarch 20, 2013
Great company to work for with excellent career development and Benefits.
Pros
training
Cons
travel from home on the m25
good place to work until greed set in
Mechanical Line Eng. / Technician (Current Employee) –  Ballymena, NIRMarch 12, 2015
good place to work until greed set in.
long hours were rewarded with good money.
generally clean and safe to work in at the end.
Pros
well paid
Cons
closure
Productive and workmates are easy to be with.
Data Administrator/Entry (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesDecember 2, 2012
I work here as a Data Administratot/Entry,everyday we collect and encode the sales of our salesman. And I am the point-person of our team, I am responsible all the data sales. I've learned a lot especially more on computer. In everyday work i've learned to make basic formulas.So far the management take good care of us, although there are times that we had misunderstanding but its normal in order for the people sorround to grow matured in their field of work.At the end of the the day we gave our best for the company seek.
The hardest part is when sometimes you have lack of time to submit your work because its deadline and you have no choice but to sacrifice some of your ample time to meet the the deadlines.
When you recieve a comment "job well done" its fullfilling to hear that somehow your hardwork is not wasted.
Pros
free snacks and free lunch sometimes
Cons
minimum working hours
Great company in a controversial industry
Vice President & General Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 9, 2015
Dynamic multi-national corporation operating in dozens of countries in the highly competitive, adult-oriented cigarette market.
Stressful but highly rewarding.
productive work place
ERP Data Finance (Current Employee) –  SANOctober 25, 2012
The first day was challeging cause i didnt have the actually picture of the organisation and finding out who will welcome me in that particular day i learnt a warm welcome for new employee is vital .

management was exception in welcoming me

my co workers fair

Striving by leding in exeption perfomanace and set as a bench markfor the company

when i do my self assement i see progress in exellence and face new challenges
Pros
free lunch & medical care
Cons
due to work demand short leave days
JTI is a company with solid corporate values.
Consumer & Trade Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  MiamiDecember 26, 2012
- Arrive at the office at 8:15 am
- Review my emails sent from Geneva Headquarters
- Discuss with Geneva if there is any issues to be discussed prior to contact my customers in the Latam region.
- Call my customers in the region to do the daily follow up
- Check on the status of the P.O's to the customers.
- Begin doing some quantitative analysis on our monthly projects
- Meet with the marketing team in order to prepare next month's projects.
- Prepare my traveling itinerary for next week to Latin America or the Caribbean.
Adjust the forecasting for my next month's orders.
Meet with finance in order to analyze the impact on the P&L for next's projects.
Leave the office at 8:30 pm
Pros
financially; jti is a very solid company.
Cons
too much red tape in order to take inmediate action.
Productive, fun and results driven
Global SAP Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, UKMay 31, 2012
Dealing with Day to Day Production Support, Project Updates.
Manging and working in a small team, who were dedicated to suceed in managing 40,000+ PRD users and multiple projects across the globe.
Pros
excellent variety in work
Cons
lot's of international travelling
Private construction company
Assistant of Marketing Department (Former Employee) –  Москва, CENApril 28, 2014
Interesting and various kinds of work.
Dynamic development company.
growing company
Trade Promotion & Merchandizing Manager (Former Employee) –  KazakhstanMarch 18, 2013
It's growing company with realistic goals and adequate wages. International experience and multi-national team.
goede betrouwbare werkgever
Administratief SAP medewerkster (Former Employee) –  AmstelveenMarch 31, 2016
JT International is een goede werkgever die veel in het personeel investeert. Goede sociale voorzieningen heeft. Probeert de sfeer binnen de organisatie goed te houden. Veel carriere mogelijkheden. Al diverse malen Top Employer of the year is geweest, niet allen landelijk, maar wereldwijd
Pros
gratis koffie/thee/frisdrank
Cons
geen
Regelt alles tot in de puntjes voor haar werknemers
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  AmstelveenMarch 17, 2016
Veel te danken aan JTI als werkgever.Een hele goede werkgever zeker wannneer je begint met werken na je opleiding.
Pros
Hele goede voorwaarden
Cons
veel te maken met een wet en regelgeving
Empresa realmente internacional, que me dio la posibilidad de trabajar en 7 paises diferentes y viajar a mas de 80.
Director Financiero América Latina y Caribe (CFO) (Former Employee) –  Rio de Janeiro, RJMarch 15, 2015
JTI es una empresa realmente internacional, operando en 120 paises y con 20 fabricas.
En 14 años en la Compañia he tenido la oportunidad de trabajar en 7 paises diferentes (Turquia, Rusia, Alemania, Malasia, Canada, Suiza y Brasil) y viajar a mas de 80, ocupando posiciones de gestion regionales y una a nivel mundial (en el HQ en Suiza).
Empresa japonesa Fortune 500, con un modelo de gestion modern, agil, y en continua busqueda de mejora.
Buena empresa en general
Gerente Regional de Ventas y Distribución (Former Employee) –  MexicoNovember 3, 2014
La compañía se encuentra en la fase de consolidación pero presenta cambios en la estructura lo que implica poca estabilidad laboral para sus empleados,
Es buena compañía con un buen ambiente laboral
Pros
buenas prestaciones, las de ley
Cons
en consolidación, es un tanto inestable

4.2