Jani-King Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Professional Company with professional work
Sanitary Engineer, Stockclerk ,Security (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, NL4 November 2016
It was a great experience working with this company , work hours were from 4pm -2am government buildings were t closed til 4 pm. Working for the managers /owners Eric & Giselle Borden was great they worked alongside when the workload got heavy .
Pros
great manager / owner, everyone was a team player
Cons
late long hours
Productive job cleaning office buildings
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 October 2016
Am supported by a great manager that always helps and follows up with me on how I clean in the business independently. Set up my hours hours to come in during the night to complete various tasks. Always feel privileged because its an easy clean up job where I don't feel like the labour is too intensive.
Pros
Work independently. Allowed higher responsibilities to what I do
Hard job with low income
Cleaning (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 October 2016
Cleaning in midnight wasn't interesting but I still had to do it. The wage was very low according to the type of job as I had to clean large stinky place and I got paid minimum wage.
Good Learning Experience
Volunteer Jobs (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 August 2016
It was mostly solo work. Every team member had an assigned area to clean with a certain amount of time. This opportunity taught me how to manage my team accordingly.
A wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2016
A wonderful place to work with staff who care. They are very helpful and most would be lucky to have this kind of employer, would recommend this job to anyone
Duties
Customer Relations Agent and Janitor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 July 2016
• Contact clients to ensure their satisfaction
• Handle client complaints in a timely and professional manner
• Ensure that policies and procedures are followed
• Perform cleaning duties thoroughly on site at several locations
very nice people
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 June 2016
It was a nice place to work just not enough hours a week in order for me to enjoy it. High standards, a lot of cleaning but I never minded the hard work. work place altercations never came into play. everyone was very friendly towards one another.
Pros
physical activity
Cons
long hours, only one day a week
Physically demanding and productive work.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 June 2016
1. Segregating plastic waste and garbage, sweeping, collecting garbage, cleaning glass surfaces and mirrors and mopping at times. Cleaning bathrooms and replenish toilet paper and paper towels.
2. Learned time management in terms of what needs to be cleaned first and faster.
3. Management very good.
4. Co-workers are good team players.
5. Carrying heavy loads of garbage at times. (Usually an overnight job at Canadian Tire Centre).
6. One can talk to their co workers as long they work. Fun to see different people visiting and crazy fans at the Canadian Tire Centre.
Not a bad place
Part-time Product Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 March 2016
Job could be Stressful and thorough, and you get a 45minutes break on an 8hour shift. Nothing to enjoy about the job. Just pays my bills.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
good company with good hours
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB8 October 2015
met a lot of new people and had a lot of fun leaning new things and was working at the Irving oil refinery in Saint John New Brunswick
i was a franchisee of the company and it suck the life out of me
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON25 September 2014
the company benefit from my work.i did not get enough money for my work.their work is so hard and pay little as possible.they cut 13% from my salary for the fee.i am not happy i bought this franchise company.it's just a waste of money and time for me.so i just left them for good.
Productive work environment with strong team component
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 May 2014
At Jani King I was responsible for managing any client concerns as well as contacting clients on a scheduled basis to ensure they were please with their cleaning services. I would then touch base with the franchise owners responsible for the cleaning and give them a review.

During my time at Jani King, I also did site inspections for larger clients and interviewed new potential franchise owners and cleaning staff. I was also responsible for covering reception, data entry, database maintenance, and recording meeting minutes.

I think the most challenging thing about my job with Jani King was that I found there were not enough hours in a day to complete everything I was responsible for completing. I also found this to be one of the most enjoyable parts of the job. I enjoy being busy and working under pressure.

Overall, Jani King offered me a lot of great experience, and I enjoyed working with the team.
not applicable
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 May 2014
-General Cleaning duties
-work fast, pay attention to detail.
-friendly coworkers, helping always if needed
-working under pressure
-meeting new people
Hard work cleaning entire Hockey Stadium
Supervisor of cleaning staff (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 December 2013
Typical day at work is coming in at 10pm after an event or hockey game and working up to 8am cleaning the entire stadium for the event the next day. I learnt how to stay up all night working, and managing a team to clean the entire stadium. Co-workers get grumpy and lazy at times but its my job to get them on their feet and to do the task at hand. Hardest part of the job is the job itself, cleaning the entire Canadian Tire Centre Hockey Stadium within the night. Enjoyable part of the job is socializing while cleaning.
Pros
Meeting celebrities and hockey players.
Cons
Hard work which leaves you body aching.
Well organized and established franchise that serves commercial cleaning at different locations
FRANCHISE OWNER (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON11 August 2013
*Commercial cleaning starts at 6pm.
*Chere is a lot of detail to be covered by your crew when it comes to cleaning.
*Management of several crew
*Critics from customers, especially for accounts that employees use for 24/7
*The acknowledgement of a good job.
Pros
several contracts
Cons
very fast turnover customers
Lots of work for the money paid!
Subcontract Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON11 December 2012
Work Started with Dust-mopping and washroom cleaning, Mopping Vacuuming! I learned to have a keener eye for what needs to be cleaned! Managment! My Imediate Boss Was Great! The Franchisee Owner not so much! Co-workers were a lot of fun! Hardest part of the Job. Late nights! Most enjoyable seeing the results of your work!
Pros
could work undisturbed most times, set your own start time.
Cons
late nights! bad weather for driving!
It was a basic janitorial job, go from building to building
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC3 December 2012
A typical night was cleaning variuos building a night. I learned how to make my self a better janitor. I didn't have any co-workers. The hardest part was when a viechle broke down. The enjoyable part of the job was when there was no complaints from the cleaning client.
Pros
he made my hours very flexable.
Cons
the 12 hour nights sometimes.
Not worth it
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2012
You get payed as a contractor. The hours are not set. You only work when they call you in
Pros
no taxes
Cons
no workers comp
can take over your life
Commercial cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS16 November 2012
The company itself is not managed well, the work is very hard and the weak should not apply.
Overall I enjoy working with my employer and they are easy to work with.
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2012
It's fun and I work independently without a supervisor. I only report if they let me do things that is not in the contract.My co-workers are all professional and they are nice to work with. The hardest part of the work was to see clients not using the washroom properly.
Pros
sometimes and we gather and party once a year except for birthday celebrations.
Cons
before sometimes, i work long hours but not anymore because iam working on one account for 4 hours daily for 6 days.