Jani-King Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
awesome company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON30 June 2017
It was a great experience working with this company
was horrible at pay on time there was always an issue.
A wonderful place to work with staff who care.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
horrible paying
Terrible pay for work done
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ontario21 June 2017
For what you are expected to do the rate of pay is terrible for many of the contracts. Some of them were very large jobs and are expected to complete with minimal time given and when you calculate what you get as per the contract compared to an hourly rate, most times it was well below the minimum wage. The company needs to rethink their payouts per contract!

No benefits, no gas coverage to get to each of the jobs,
using your own vehicle .
Pros
nice people overall
Cons
terrible pay
cleaning is a calming experience
Janitor/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS15 May 2017
I loved cleaning, especially being a day porter for admiral insurance. I got to see new faces everyday and I was truly appreciated for the work that I did. A typical day at work included cleaning all washrooms three times a day. Cleaning the lunchroom. Cleaning kitchenettes and collecting garbage and taking the garbage out. The most enjoyable part about the job was getting to know people because I am a very friendly person and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was keeping an eye on the small detailed things. Management was great and I never had a problem with them.
Reading
mohamed (Current Employee) –  2212 Gladwin crescent Ottawa8 March 2017
working at jani king was always in the middle of night and the whole world is sleeping , i started different types of job but i like because i was with my bodies and i were fun
Pros
cheaps
Cons
kindness
Janiking Review
Worker (Former Employee) –  North York, ON19 December 2016
This Job and Company is actually really good. It keeps things clean, it respects everyone's privacy and things, and it projects no complaints towards people who create a big mess, because after all, they're job is to clean. They are organized, they manage time nicely, and overall, a 4-5 star rating.
Pros
Free Snacks/drinks
Cons
Takes forever to clean the mirrors (6 floors, about 10 large mirrors per floor)
Professional Company with professional work
Sanitary Engineer, Stockclerk ,Security (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, NL4 November 2016
It was a great experience working with this company , work hours were from 4pm -2am government buildings were t closed til 4 pm. Working for the managers /owners Eric & Giselle Borden was great they worked alongside when the workload got heavy .
Pros
great manager / owner, everyone was a team player
Cons
late long hours
Productive job cleaning office buildings
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 October 2016
Am supported by a great manager that always helps and follows up with me on how I clean in the business independently. Set up my hours hours to come in during the night to complete various tasks. Always feel privileged because its an easy clean up job where I don't feel like the labour is too intensive.
Pros
Work independently. Allowed higher responsibilities to what I do
Hard job with low income
Cleaning (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 October 2016
Cleaning in midnight wasn't interesting but I still had to do it. The wage was very low according to the type of job as I had to clean large stinky place and I got paid minimum wage.
team work
Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 September 2016
My co-workers at Jani king are very helpful and nice. we used to have meal together in break time and assist one another in need. Cleaning job is not easy but with a good team we will make it a enjoyable.
Cons
hard work, long distance
Good Learning Experience
Volunteer Jobs (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 August 2016
It was mostly solo work. Every team member had an assigned area to clean with a certain amount of time. This opportunity taught me how to manage my team accordingly.
A wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2016
A wonderful place to work with staff who care. They are very helpful and most would be lucky to have this kind of employer, would recommend this job to anyone
Duties
Customer Relations Agent and Janitor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 July 2016
• Contact clients to ensure their satisfaction
• Handle client complaints in a timely and professional manner
• Ensure that policies and procedures are followed
• Perform cleaning duties thoroughly on site at several locations
very nice people
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 June 2016
It was a nice place to work just not enough hours a week in order for me to enjoy it. High standards, a lot of cleaning but I never minded the hard work. work place altercations never came into play. everyone was very friendly towards one another.
Pros
physical activity
Cons
long hours, only one day a week
Physically demanding and productive work.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 June 2016
1. Segregating plastic waste and garbage, sweeping, collecting garbage, cleaning glass surfaces and mirrors and mopping at times. Cleaning bathrooms and replenish toilet paper and paper towels.
2. Learned time management in terms of what needs to be cleaned first and faster.
3. Management very good.
4. Co-workers are good team players.
5. Carrying heavy loads of garbage at times. (Usually an overnight job at Canadian Tire Centre).
6. One can talk to their co workers as long they work. Fun to see different people visiting and crazy fans at the Canadian Tire Centre.
Not a bad place
Part-time Product Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 March 2016
Job could be Stressful and thorough, and you get a 45minutes break on an 8hour shift. Nothing to enjoy about the job. Just pays my bills.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
good company with good hours
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB8 October 2015
met a lot of new people and had a lot of fun leaning new things and was working at the Irving oil refinery in Saint John New Brunswick
Environnement de tarvail agréable
Employée (Current Employee) –  ottawa et gatineau21 March 2015
Un environnement agréable de travail et un horaire flexible
i was a franchisee of the company and it suck the life out of me
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON25 September 2014
the company benefit from my work.i did not get enough money for my work.their work is so hard and pay little as possible.they cut 13% from my salary for the fee.i am not happy i bought this franchise company.it's just a waste of money and time for me.so i just left them for good.
Productive work environment with strong team component
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 May 2014
At Jani King I was responsible for managing any client concerns as well as contacting clients on a scheduled basis to ensure they were please with their cleaning services. I would then touch base with the franchise owners responsible for the cleaning and give them a review.

During my time at Jani King, I also did site inspections for larger clients and interviewed new potential franchise owners and cleaning staff. I was also responsible for covering reception, data entry, database maintenance, and recording meeting minutes.

I think the most challenging thing about my job with Jani King was that I found there were not enough hours in a day to complete everything I was responsible for completing. I also found this to be one of the most enjoyable parts of the job. I enjoy being busy and working under pressure.

Overall, Jani King offered me a lot of great experience, and I enjoyed working with the team.
not applicable
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 May 2014
-General Cleaning duties
-work fast, pay attention to detail.
-friendly coworkers, helping always if needed
-working under pressure