SALARY: 75-85K, plus full benefits
Our client is the global leader in machine-to-machine (M2M) devices and cloud services, delivering intelligent wireless solutions that simplify the connected world. They offer the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of 2G, 3G and 4G embedded modules and gateways, seamlessly integrated with secure M2M cloud services.
Our client is looking for an experienced Network to be an important member of the Global IT team that supports over 850 end users in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
In partnership with other IT professionals around the globe, you will be in part responsible for the Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN), firewalls, virtualization platform, Storage, backups and Windows / Linux server support.
You will help facilitate the continuous uptime of the network and IT infrastructure by providing Third Level (Expert) technical support in a 24/7 operational environment in a “hands-on fashion” and contribute with your valuable ideas for future expansions and system optimization.
- Third Level (Expert) technical support in a 24/7 operational environment
- Ownership of global backup solutions
- Design, installation, and maintenance of Local and Wide Area networks
- Co-development of our data center architecture and related disaster recovery/business continuity plans
- Installation and maintenance of physical and virtual servers, routers, firewalls, and enterprise applications
- Development of training and troubleshooting procedures for Help Desk personnel
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in LAN/WAN and server administration
- Solid knowledge in:
-Linux operating systems (Ubuntu/Debian/RedHat, NIS/LikeWise Authentication)
-Cisco routing and switching
-Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or higher
-Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
- Experience deploying and managing:
-Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 or higher
-HP Blade infrastructure
-NetApp Storage Solutions
-Aruba Wireless networks
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of best security practices also with a view on Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements
- Superior communication, presentation, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and to lead project teams consisting of other technical personnel
- Ability to multi-task across a set of strategic as well as tactical objectives
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willingness and ability to travel to locations worldwide (< 10%)