Jacobs Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
great team spirt
Nightshift superintendent shutdown JPM (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 25, 2013
Provide site level coordination and supervision of work crews,
I learned how to balance multiple personalities creating a safe positive, productive work environment .
The high pace of shut downs with new people proved challenging yet rewarding .
I enjoyed the daily banter of our group .The day always started upbeat and a good morning
Good safety culture
B welder/rig welder (Former Employee), Nexen long lakeNovember 13, 2013
Pros: not pushed
Cons: below average camp
Good safety culture,good experience in live plant
co-workers good,camp was below average,
New Construction for sulfer emmission control Syncrude Rigging Fitting Bolt-ups
Syncrude Steam Fitter (Former Employee), Syncrude Refinery AlbertaNovember 9, 2013
Pros: being able to work and learn feel safe in a mammouth construction site
Cons: work ended
Good Management and communication, Excellant safty program, All equip. good condition and available Great leadership and enjoyable co-workers
Run professionally
Payroll Administrator/Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: continually learning new areas to keep me challanged
Cons: traveling back and forth from fort mac to cnrl
Travel in by coach to CNRL.
Stretching, payroll, ac/ap and travel logistics.
Learned new things everyday.
Management available anytime.
Hardest part was traveling back and forth from Wood buffalo.
So many things to learn and the best is that because I love to be challenged always.
A great company to work with
Senior Structural Technologist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: great relation between colleagues
I enjoy working here. Very Professional company. Good colleagues.
could be better
Electrical turnaround Supervisor (Former Employee), albertaSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: got paid
Cons: didn't get paid enough
not a bad place to start, but you will be pulling your hair out over the bad management
DC Staff be Aware
Document Controller (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 19, 2013
There is too much work at this office. You can work 70 hour weeks and not be caught up.
Do not trust management. HR leaks information. The manager is a bully.
Co-Workers are great, for the most part, there are some abusive people, and nothing seems to be done about them so it continues. Nepotism does exist for sure. Women should watch out for sexual harassment, and then to be labelled a trouble maker and black listed.
Office Admin
Office Administration (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 18, 2013
I was only at Jacobs Engineering for a short time and only worked as Office Admin.
Service Company
PPM & Program Interface Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 15, 2013
Like all Service companies, Susceptible to the Ups & Downs of the Oil & Gas Industry
Nepotism to the extreme
maintenance technician (Former Employee), IRVING OIL REFINERY SAINT JOHN N.B.May 20, 2013
Pros: payday
Cons: every other day
Worked im maintenance for a client.Executing work orders.Learned that their philosophy is if you want to get ahead you have to bring out the knives.Favouritism was the order of the day.Management on the site are a bunch of paranoid control freaks who encourage finking and demand blind loyalty.If oyu get injured they treat you like a criminal.They peddle their culture of caring,then break WNB rules regarding incident reporting.Co-workers were ok.Hardest part of job was watching the atmosphere change from let's go to work to "watch your back".Most enjoyable part of the job was the physical job itself.
Not the best place to work but maybe not the worst
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), EdmontonApril 25, 2013
Management does not speak about what is wanted. Favortism. Mens club. Women are not invited into the mens club. Senority and wages mean nothing.
Interesting - would of been better if an employee and not contractor.
Project Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 15, 2013
Pros: found good associates
Cons: wondered if work was appreciated, not alot of feedback.
Busy from morning till night - typical EPC company but with usual bck-stabbing by jealous associates that know of only one way to achieve their goals. Did not understand their management style.
productive and fun work place due to teambuilding and social activities
Project management functions in CNRL-Kirby SAGD (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2013
Pros: opprtunities to show talent and express opinions for improving communications
Cons: soms times stressful work due to insufficient experienced staff
productive and some times fun in workplace due to work place team building activties and social club activities
Think first, before applying to this company
timekeeper (Former Employee), albertaFebruary 1, 2013
Cons: lots of ot, no life at all
I’m so glad I’m not working for Jacobs anymore. I’ve worked for 2-straight weeks as a clerk and management never appreciated or cared about it. Managers don’t recognize their employee’s hardwork. Discrimination and Racism is definitely practiced among upper/senior management. Not the most promising company to work for. Once project is done, they’ll lay you off as quick as possible. No advancement either, and training was very poor.

February 15, 2013

They use you then throw you away, spot on with that comment. With regard to back biting again watch your back because some of the team leads do talk behind your back and try and stir up trouble particularly if your good at your job and quick to get things done.

March 28, 2013

I suggest you think first before applying to this company, I worked with them for 3 years and when they lost the project I was working on they gave assurances that they still had plenty of work for the engineers, just as the work was completed. I was made redundant in a very painful way. I wonder why they made false promises about having future work to keep everybody. I am glad I left because I got a better job. Will never work for them again, a lot of discrimination and Racism.

****
Process Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: good
Cons: lack of fareness
Very good company.Very friendly working environment. There is lack of fareness.
BEWARE Document Controllers
Lead Document Control (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: money was good, benefits are good
Cons: nobody should have to work like this
Co-workers where great to work around. Learned allot about slow Live Link. The Management just stinks in this department, very rude, and always looking over your shoulder, snarky, actually feels like your always on egg shells so BEWARE of this stressful environment.
Working at Belle Plaine mine site was great because I got to do lots of different things there
reinforcing ironworker (Former Employee), Regina, SKNovember 14, 2012
Pros: was good place work
Cons: we didn`t get travel time or gas allowance for travelling to site each day
Started with a prejob safety talk and prejob safety clearance form and work order .went you my area to fab up rebar or tie up rebar.I learned about the mining industtry and how things were made out of potash.I worked closely with different groups mainly carpenters but other trades too.The hardest part of job is I was a one man crew and sometimes was rushed to get done.It was a good place to work and I got to do all sides of the rebar industry from estimating to fabbing to placing and tieing it and was good at that
Effective and fun environment
Timesheet Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 17, 2012
Pros: overtime avaliable, no set timings for breaks, cheerful co-workers
Cons: technical difficulties
We would all come into the office by 7:30 am. We would all share all the job duties or take turn doing each duty. Everyone would help everyone out in completing the tasks. Everyone was very helpful and motivated at all times to complete the job asap. The hardest part of the job was completing the duties on hand by the deadline if the company system experianced technical difficulties. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we could take breaks at anytime we wished. There was no set timings for breaks. The management kept everyone on track and motivated. They also gave everyone a progress report while we were doing the job
JACOBS CANADA INC.
Lead Electrical and Control (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: great company and good wages
Great company to work on contract with. Good wages and benefits.
Good management and good payments on time.
Productive and safe workplace.
Steam Fitter/Pipe Fitter (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 23, 2012
Pros: free hotel accommodation & service bus.
In the company I experienced little discrimination from co-workers.
Headquarters