Jacobs Employee Reviews

Good Workplace & Fun Coworkers
Sr. Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 May 2015
Calgary office is a good environment to work in but local economy has caused a slowdown at the Calgary office. This resulted in massive reduction of staff.
Pros
Coworkers are Diverse
Cons
Work longevity
weak job culture and management
Pipeline drafter (Former Employee) –  Querry park1 May 2015
I enjoyed working with my supervisor and co-workers but all of us did`nt have job security. Project management was good but upper Managers don’t recognize their employee’s hardwork. Not the most promising company to work for. Once project is done, they’ll lay you off as quick as possible. No advancement either, and training was very poor.
Cons
they held alot of meeting during launch time and all of us did not have time to take break
Friendly and enjoyable team environment, Great work experience with knowledgeable staff and interesting projects.
Senior Piping Designer/Checker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2015
Pros
Staff Benefits
Intermediate Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2015
Over the years my perspective on this has changed as my job changed within the organization. All in all a good place to work, people are treated fair if they work, if they are lazy... well... they aren't.

I found the overall business outlook was shortsighted from time to time, but in the end there was reasoning behind many of the decisions that seem this way at the onset.

There were a number of good things that came out of this, along side a host of knowledge, and these include things from earned days off to project lunches and team building events.
Lots of learning
Int. Project Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  calgary25 April 2015
I worked almost three years at this company and my time there was filled with joy and intense learning. I learned most aspects of engineering business as well as about my department specific. I would highly recommend people working with companies like Jacobs.
Great spot to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 April 2015
Great work life balance, supportive and accommodating. Something must be right if they're the latest Maintenance Contractor in the world...
Great benefits and good people to work with
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 March 2015
Great company to work for, they walk the walk and talk the talk. Best part is that we work a 9 hour day, bank 1 hour per day and get every second Friday off. Overtime is not a requirement this provides a comfortable work life balance. The companies "beyond Zero" safety policy is something that shows the company cares about its employees.
Pros
Work life balance.
Cons
Current work front is poor.
great team envirorment
General foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 March 2015
great team environment. it was great to be involved in this team. the safety culture was amazing. the electrical department was built to preform. all who were involved had a common goals of safety quality and finally production.
Management skill was great.
Senior / Principal Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB24 March 2015
As one of largest design engineering firm in the world, I learned the skill of project management. Jacobs gave a great chance for me to perform my best.
Great people and oppertunities
Scaffolding & Indirect Trades Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 March 2015
Working closely with clients on day to day activities in all aspects of the trade groups. Organizing work and keeping employee personal safety above all else. Showing a caring culture to new employees and making everyone feel like part of the team.
an overview and planning of a days work
Forman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 March 2015
helping assist other trades moving in moving and placing material for their workday ,good radio communications with co-workers and management makes for a safe productive work day.
And everyone goes home safe at the end of the day
Good work environment
Structural Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2015
Jacobs is good company to work.

Management and poeple are really friendly and easy to work with.

Jacobs has a good talent and database to learn from.
Pros
Good People & Management
Cons
Average Salary
Tasks and Projects
Server Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2015
Server monitoring of all main servers in Canada - check for issues
Tackle the tickets in the service queue for Server Operations
Create project folder security based on location and disciplines
Build servers in VMware for 2008 for 2003 migration
Check data centre for server, UPS, and network alerts
Always busy
Pros
Good enviroment
An excellent place to work at
Technical Design Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2015
Jacobs is a very professional company and a place where one has the liberty to express oneself and gives freedom to work. One learns a lot from others and has a perfect atmosphere to work as a team member.
Pay and fellow workers were good. Management C-.
Estimator IV (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CA24 February 2015
Department manager was an expert at Kbase but did not pass on his knowledge to those who worked for him. The company management talked about ethics but I feel they were not ethical with there employees. The pay was good and the people I worked with were fun to work with.
Pros
Safety classes, free lunch during some holidays.
Cons
Bellow par department management lesast 3 years..
not bad
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 February 2015
i was called based on the recommendation of a friend for an interview. Was interviewed seperatelly by two. The first one asked, to my opinion, too many private question and the second one was very professional and confident. I did not like that Jacobs is not taking responsibility for their people in bad time with an attitude " we are not the shelter". I believe for a good company and stable society , it it important to keep good people coz they supported the company in good times, but in bad times, they are not good enough.
had bad experience
Labour Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB5 February 2015
Was sexually harassed in an isolated area on an isolated job. I notified my foreman asap. nothing happened, so I complained. Got transferred, and then got laid off. So I am not happy with this company. Cause working for them and getting sexually harassed can make you loose your job. makes no sense right. horrible experience.
productive, respective
Procurement Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2015
love the people I work with. Unfortunately project has been deferred, all of us have to go and look for new job.

love the flexible work schedules
SERP Project
Project Scheduler and Cost Control (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 January 2015
it was some of the best times of my career. I worked with some good people there. We built a good team
This as well as the following reviews will be similar as I worked in different capacities at the same site.
Pros
uncertainy of the business
Cons
good team building
Enjoyable and continually busy with helping to ensure Safety culture
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray Alberta9 January 2015
Time spent while working for Jacobs was enriching and if they had not lost their contract I would still be working for them.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Transient workforce

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.