Jacobs Employee Reviews

Great spot to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 April 2015
Great work life balance, supportive and accommodating. Something must be right if they're the latest Maintenance Contractor in the world...
Great benefits and good people to work with
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 March 2015
Great company to work for, they walk the walk and talk the talk. Best part is that we work a 9 hour day, bank 1 hour per day and get every second Friday off. Overtime is not a requirement this provides a comfortable work life balance. The companies "beyond Zero" safety policy is something that shows the company cares about its employees.
Pros
Work life balance.
Cons
Current work front is poor.
great team envirorment
General foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 March 2015
great team environment. it was great to be involved in this team. the safety culture was amazing. the electrical department was built to preform. all who were involved had a common goals of safety quality and finally production.
Management skill was great.
Senior / Principal Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB24 March 2015
As one of largest design engineering firm in the world, I learned the skill of project management. Jacobs gave a great chance for me to perform my best.
Great people and oppertunities
Scaffolding & Indirect Trades Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 March 2015
Working closely with clients on day to day activities in all aspects of the trade groups. Organizing work and keeping employee personal safety above all else. Showing a caring culture to new employees and making everyone feel like part of the team.
an overview and planning of a days work
Forman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 March 2015
helping assist other trades moving in moving and placing material for their workday ,good radio communications with co-workers and management makes for a safe productive work day.
And everyone goes home safe at the end of the day
Good work environment
Structural Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2015
Jacobs is good company to work.

Management and poeple are really friendly and easy to work with.

Jacobs has a good talent and database to learn from.
Pros
Good People & Management
Cons
Average Salary
Tasks and Projects
Server Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2015
Server monitoring of all main servers in Canada - check for issues
Tackle the tickets in the service queue for Server Operations
Create project folder security based on location and disciplines
Build servers in VMware for 2008 for 2003 migration
Check data centre for server, UPS, and network alerts
Always busy
Pros
Good enviroment
An excellent place to work at
Technical Design Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2015
Jacobs is a very professional company and a place where one has the liberty to express oneself and gives freedom to work. One learns a lot from others and has a perfect atmosphere to work as a team member.
Pay and fellow workers were good. Management C-.
Estimator IV (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CA24 February 2015
Department manager was an expert at Kbase but did not pass on his knowledge to those who worked for him. The company management talked about ethics but I feel they were not ethical with there employees. The pay was good and the people I worked with were fun to work with.
Pros
Safety classes, free lunch during some holidays.
Cons
Bellow par department management lesast 3 years..
not bad
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 February 2015
i was called based on the recommendation of a friend for an interview. Was interviewed seperatelly by two. The first one asked, to my opinion, too many private question and the second one was very professional and confident. I did not like that Jacobs is not taking responsibility for their people in bad time with an attitude " we are not the shelter". I believe for a good company and stable society , it it important to keep good people coz they supported the company in good times, but in bad times, they are not good enough.
had bad experience
Labour Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB5 February 2015
Was sexually harassed in an isolated area on an isolated job. I notified my foreman asap. nothing happened, so I complained. Got transferred, and then got laid off. So I am not happy with this company. Cause working for them and getting sexually harassed can make you loose your job. makes no sense right. horrible experience.
productive, respective
Procurement Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2015
love the people I work with. Unfortunately project has been deferred, all of us have to go and look for new job.

love the flexible work schedules
SERP Project
Project Scheduler and Cost Control (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 January 2015
it was some of the best times of my career. I worked with some good people there. We built a good team
This as well as the following reviews will be similar as I worked in different capacities at the same site.
Pros
uncertainy of the business
Cons
good team building
Enjoyable and continually busy with helping to ensure Safety culture
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray Alberta9 January 2015
Time spent while working for Jacobs was enriching and if they had not lost their contract I would still be working for them.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Transient workforce
N/A
Piping and pipeline drafter (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB6 January 2015
I leaned a big deal in this company regarding pipeline and piping. I am doing alignment sheet using civil 3d. I am happy working in this company, however our project almost done
Good working environment
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 October 2014
The company takes time to train its employees. Office facilities are excellent. The supervisors and co-workers are great to work with
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
work pressures
An OK place to work
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 September 2014
- Good pay
- Lots of overtime
- Good project to work on
- Avg. management
I like to work with Jacobs.
Sr. piping designer/checker (Current Employee) –  Calgary20 August 2014
I like to work with Jacobs.

Jacobs has good working environment, good management, good training system, provided good chance to learn and improve on your career. The co-workers is helpful when you need. easy to communicate. I really like the working environment at Jacobs.
Very Challenging Position
Information Management Level 5 (Principal) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB, Canada15 August 2014
­ Identifying, analyzing and setting up project requirements, systems and project files;
­ Preparing project specific work instructions and PEP tool instructions;
­ Participating in IAP processes to plan work and allocate resources;
­ Coordinating with the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Project Management;
­ Supervising employees on the project and distributing workloads;
­ Identifying training needs and providing on the job training, coaching and counseling;
­ Recognizing and addressing performance issues and documenting improvement processes;
­ Forecasting man hour requirements and defining staffing roles, responsibilities and plans;
­ Participating in performance evaluations and reporting assessments to upper management;
­ Providing recommendations on methods and techniques to improve quality, productivity and deadlines
- Perform Document Control activities for the Project Team including documentation receipt, registration, distribution and transmittal back to Owner
- Ensure assigned Contractor and Supplier documentation deliverables meet contract requirements and perform quality checks for compliance.
- Quality checks shall include, correct document number, revision, title, etc. as per Document Control governing specifications.
- Check to ensure the Master Document Register, Supplier Master Document Register and Document Distribution Matrix requirements are being implemented.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate staff on the status of documentation.
- Ensure timely and efficient turnaround of comment response sheets to Contractors.
- Responsible
  more... for assigning/verifying technical document numbers for the Project as per Project specifications.
- Generates reports, including the formatting and packaging of results.
- Complies with the Information Management Plan and associated information management procedures.
- Responsible for organizing, filing and archiving of Project technical documentation; hard copy files and electronic file in Project Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
- Monitor Administrative staff in handling non-technical documentation and filing.
Pros
Every day there is a different challenge
Cons
Long Hours, Schedule Driven