Jacobs Employee Reviews in Canada

not bad
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 6, 2015
i was called based on the recommendation of a friend for an interview. Was interviewed seperatelly by two. The first one asked, to my opinion, too many private question and the second one was very professional and confident. I did not like that Jacobs is not taking responsibility for their people in bad time with an attitude " we are not the shelter". I believe for a good company and stable society , it it important to keep good people coz they supported the company in good times, but in bad times, they are not good enough.
had bad experience
Labour Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABFebruary 5, 2015
Was sexually harassed in an isolated area on an isolated job. I notified my foreman asap. nothing happened, so I complained. Got transferred, and then got laid off. So I am not happy with this company. Cause working for them and getting sexually harassed can make you loose your job. makes no sense right. horrible experience.
productive, respective
Procurement Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 5, 2015
love the people I work with. Unfortunately project has been deferred, all of us have to go and look for new job.

love the flexible work schedules
SERP Project
Project Scheduler and Cost Control (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 26, 2015
it was some of the best times of my career. I worked with some good people there. We built a good team
This as well as the following reviews will be similar as I worked in different capacities at the same site.
Pros
uncertainy of the business
Cons
good team building
Enjoyable and continually busy with helping to ensure Safety culture
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray AlbertaJanuary 9, 2015
Time spent while working for Jacobs was enriching and if they had not lost their contract I would still be working for them.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
transient workforce
N/A
Piping and pipeline drafter (Current Employee) –  Calgary ABJanuary 6, 2015
I leaned a big deal in this company regarding pipeline and piping. I am doing alignment sheet using civil 3d. I am happy working in this company, however our project almost done
Good working environment
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 28, 2014
The company takes time to train its employees. Office facilities are excellent. The supervisors and co-workers are great to work with
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
work pressures
An OK place to work
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 23, 2014
- Good pay
- Lots of overtime
- Good project to work on
- Avg. management
I like to work with Jacobs.
Sr. piping designer/checker (Current Employee) –  CalgaryAugust 20, 2014
I like to work with Jacobs.

Jacobs has good working environment, good management, good training system, provided good chance to learn and improve on your career. The co-workers is helpful when you need. easy to communicate. I really like the working environment at Jacobs.
Very Challenging Position
Information Management Level 5 (Principal) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB, CanadaAugust 15, 2014
­ Identifying, analyzing and setting up project requirements, systems and project files;
­ Preparing project specific work instructions and PEP tool instructions;
­ Participating in IAP processes to plan work and allocate resources;
­ Coordinating with the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Project Management;
­ Supervising employees on the project and distributing workloads;
­ Identifying training needs and providing on the job training, coaching and counseling;
­ Recognizing and addressing performance issues and documenting improvement processes;
­ Forecasting man hour requirements and defining staffing roles, responsibilities and plans;
­ Participating in performance evaluations and reporting assessments to upper management;
­ Providing recommendations on methods and techniques to improve quality, productivity and deadlines
- Perform Document Control activities for the Project Team including documentation receipt, registration, distribution and transmittal back to Owner
- Ensure assigned Contractor and Supplier documentation deliverables meet contract requirements and perform quality checks for compliance.
- Quality checks shall include, correct document number, revision, title, etc. as per Document Control governing specifications.
- Check to ensure the Master Document Register, Supplier Master Document Register and Document Distribution Matrix requirements are being implemented.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate staff on the status of documentation.
- Ensure timely and efficient turnaround of comment response sheets to Contractors.
- Responsible for assigning/verifying
  more... technical document numbers for the Project as per Project specifications.
- Generates reports, including the formatting and packaging of results.
- Complies with the Information Management Plan and associated information management procedures.
- Responsible for organizing, filing and archiving of Project technical documentation; hard copy files and electronic file in Project Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
- Monitor Administrative staff in handling non-technical documentation and filing.
Pros
every day there is a different challenge
Cons
long hours, schedule driven
Good atmosphere and positive work environment
Accounts payable (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 5, 2014
I worked primarily in accounts payable and learned quite a bit as it was my first time working in this type of position. I also assisted procurement and document controls with filing and data entry and archiving documents upon project completion. My coworkers were easy to work with and answered any questions I had to the best of their abilities. The hardest part of my job was getting used to starting so early in the morning, but once I got on to a schedule, it became second nature and I enjoyed working early in the morning. The best part of my job was learning some new skills and meeting so many great people.
Pros
gift certificates from management and meeting new people.
Cons
my contract was only 3 months... i wish it had been longer.
great team of trades
carpenter ( scaffolder) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 30, 2014
i enjoyed going to work,great bunch of people to work with,the safety is the best i have ever seen in the work field.the job are never boring,always something different
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
no cons
QC Inspection
• Co-ordinate NDE Testing
• Review daily weld reports
• Map completed welds
• Check Welding procedures
• Handle record keeping and documentation
• Carry out inspection in accordance with ITP
• Carry out walk down for punch list
• Reviewed NDE reports
• Compiled records and reviewed turn over packages
• Verification to ensure that the applicable welding procedures specification (WPS) are approve prior to start of any welding activity
• Verification and correctness of welding consumable such as Welding electrodes, filler wires, and consumables
• Verification of Welding electrodes backing and storage to all equipment’s meets job specification and code requirements
• Verification of dimensions fit-up and welds preparations in compliance with drawings
• Ensure that the approved welding procedures are employed in productions
• Visual inspection and dimensional of completed weld against the specifications, requirement and drawings
• Preparing NDE request as per the project spec
• Preparation and witnessed Hydro testing and pressure test packages
• Flange joint inspection, Bolt torqueing and gasket verification of flange joints
• Monitoring of Tie-in pre inspection activities
Overworked big time.
Procurement Specialist(Contract). (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2014
worst place I ever worked, the managers are bullies and they hate it if you do not brown nose to them all the time. They use people then throw them away if your manager does not like you.
The office politics and tittle tackle is terrible with the character assassination of good workers being done by the career nutcases.
Sorry but I would never work their again they treat people terrible, overload you with work then expect you to put 50 hour weeks in to clear it, if you don`t work over they fire you.
Sorry but I have a personal life as well as work.
Pros
money
Cons
terrible managers
Nice People
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 11, 2014
* Happy people to work with
* Little opportunity to advanced forward with personal career
* Lack of training/development chances
Pros
people
Nice place for work if you are experienced.
Electrical Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AlbertaJuly 5, 2014
Pros: The company is very generous in providing basic facilities, the working time is truly flexible, the company trusts its employees in recording the attendance and overtime. They are very generous and flexible in giving annual vacations. The co-workers are very friendly although they are not able to spend time to train you as they themselves are very busy.
Cons: When I joined Jacobs I was very new to the EPC working environment. A new employee is supposed to get one computer for day to day work even for recording attendance, I received mine after 4 months of joining. I had to request other people and use their computer (maybe there was shortage of computers in the company those days). On the very first day of my job I was introduced to few people on the floor, and after that I was sitting alone getting bored, I asked for some work and I was given the most difficult one without any detailed briefing, when I started to ask questions they took that work from me and said don't worry we will do it, we will get something else for you. I stayed there for one year, and slowly learned to do the job, and I was doing good, one day the manager called me in his office and appreciated my work and assured me that my job is likely to continue, after one week the manager called me again in his office and said we don't have much work and you job will be terminated with immediate effect. Although I had lots of works to do and I was busy full time. So when I was confident in doing my work they laid me off, without telling me any solid reason.
Pros
nice and friendly atmosphere
Cons
no training, no briefing about the job for new employees
Overall a good company to work for
Sr. Site Administrator/Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 26, 2014
Enjoyed the structure and processes that were in place within the company. Has a great benefit package. Worked with some excellent people - talented, diligent in their work ethics. Most difficult part of the job was changing management, changing work ethics and standards. Most enjoyable part of job is that I love doing the kind of work I do.
Pros
great benefit program
Cons
changes in management during project duration; lack of consistency of philosophy
Excellent Teamwork
Intermediate Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJune 19, 2014
• Meet daily payment remittance deadlines by noon each day
• Lead role in preparation of funding requests/cash calls to client
• Review accounts payable invoices for contract compliance
• Update and maintain AP logs
• Coding of accounts payable
• Close out of purchase orders
• Process monthly journal entries
• Ensure accounting records are accurate
• Prepare unbilled reconciliation on a monthly basis
• Prepare bank account reconciliation’s and other cash call accounts
• Liaise with project management, project controls and accounting management to review results on a monthly basis
• Audit support
Loved Working With All Projects
Inter Health, Safety & Environment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 5, 2014
Loved my job. Interacted with a lot of people through projects and my job scope.

Do as I say not as I do attitude by leads, mid level managers.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
not much leading by example from mid level to upper management
Great group of people to work alongside.
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Medicine hat AlbertaJune 1, 2014
Every person looks after each other in performing your tasks safely. A lot of returning workers year after year because the company and client respect you.
Pros
steady work, very orientated in safety!
Cons
living away from home.