Jacobs Employee Reviews

Good place
Red Seal Steam and Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 March 2016
I have worked for this company two different times. The first time the super was not favorable. My foreman was good and the crew i worked with were great guys. The second time i worked for them it was a good experience. I had a great foreman and a great crew. Look forward to working with them again.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Not enough work
It used to be a good place to work.
Piping Designer / Checker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta17 June 2015
I consider myself lucky. I was one of the few designers that was actually doing detailed engineering, as most of the design work was being sent out to the Mumbai office.

I was also fortunate to be working with good people...all very professional and all with good humor.

The hardest part of my job was making the process area totally functional, accessible and safe for operations

The most enjoyable part was after model reviews, when people would tell me I did a good design
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
As soon as I was non-billable, I was terminated
I like to work with Jacobs.
Sr. piping designer/checker (Current Employee) –  Calgary20 August 2014
I like to work with Jacobs.

Jacobs has good working environment, good management, good training system, provided good chance to learn and improve on your career. The co-workers is helpful when you need. easy to communicate. I really like the working environment at Jacobs.
Good atmosphere and positive work environment
Accounts payable (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 August 2014
I worked primarily in accounts payable and learned quite a bit as it was my first time working in this type of position. I also assisted procurement and document controls with filing and data entry and archiving documents upon project completion. My coworkers were easy to work with and answered any questions I had to the best of their abilities. The hardest part of my job was getting used to starting so early in the morning, but once I got on to a schedule, it became second nature and I enjoyed working early in the morning. The best part of my job was learning some new skills and meeting so many great people.
Pros
Gift certificates from management and meeting new people.
Cons
My contract was only 3 months... I wish it had been longer.
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 November 2015
JFSL in my word is one of the best companies i've ever worked for in my life ,the people are what makes this company what it is . the environment and atmosphere is one the most positive places I've ever worked in and would gladly go back and work them.
Pros
Awsome camp
Effective and fun environment
Timesheet Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2012
We would all come into the office by 7:30 am. We would all share all the job duties or take turn doing each duty. Everyone would help everyone out in completing the tasks. Everyone was very helpful and motivated at all times to complete the job asap. The hardest part of the job was completing the duties on hand by the deadline if the company system experianced technical difficulties. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we could take breaks at anytime we wished. There was no set timings for breaks. The management kept everyone on track and motivated. They also gave everyone a progress report while we were doing the job
Pros
overtime avaliable, no set timings for breaks, cheerful co-workers
Cons
technical difficulties
Good work environment
Structural Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2015
Jacobs is good company to work.

Management and poeple are really friendly and easy to work with.

Jacobs has a good talent and database to learn from.
Pros
Good People & Management
Cons
Average Salary
Excellent opportunity for Construction Project exposure
Senior Scheduler for Shell Major Projects (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 May 2014
This position is away from home, staying in camp. Continued to learn the ins and outs of construction scope from initial installation to commissioning for all disciplines while developing and maintaining an integrated schedule for all contractors.
Work with an excellent team, both internally, other contractors and the client while striving to maintain a win/win approach for the execution of the scope of work.
The most difficult part of the job is the time spent away from home, so it is vital to ensure that time at home is well spent. However the up side is that while in camp, life is simple. This allows complete focus on the job with out outside pressures.
It is very gratifying to see a plan come together after all of the interactive planning and scheduling sessions have been conducted and to implement and execute the schedule.
Pros
Lodging in executive camp rooms
Cons
Extended periods away from home
good and safe work place
scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 March 2016
i liked to work for jacobs they were a good compagnie ,ive learn alot from good journeyman,i loved hard work like scaffolding ,i liked challange,good safety but i want jobs with flight and camp
Pros
good money
Cons
last job no camp, no flight
Very friendly job enviornment
Procurement Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary3 October 2015
Lots of learning opportunity
Giving opportunity to work
Listening your ideas for productive work
co-workers are very cooperative
staff management is excellent
very friendly environment
Excellent Teamwork
Intermediate Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary19 June 2014
• Meet daily payment remittance deadlines by noon each day
• Lead role in preparation of funding requests/cash calls to client
• Review accounts payable invoices for contract compliance
• Update and maintain AP logs
• Coding of accounts payable
• Close out of purchase orders
• Process monthly journal entries
• Ensure accounting records are accurate
• Prepare unbilled reconciliation on a monthly basis
• Prepare bank account reconciliation’s and other cash call accounts
• Liaise with project management, project controls and accounting management to review results on a monthly basis
• Audit support
Wonderful place to work!!
Materials Requisitions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta9 August 2012
I have never enjoyed a work environment as I do at Jacobs. It is a very fun and casual setting, however the balance is perfect so it does not take away from productivity. The management team is amazing, and definitely the friendliest group I have ever met, with every single one keeping an open-door policy. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the people I work with, I have met so many new friends here!
Pros
hard work does not go unnoticed
Cons
client expectations can be very demanding
Great experience for me and a good way for me to learn about EPC
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2016
I was treated with respect, and was able to get help whenever I needed. The people I worked with were some of the smartest, and nicest people I've ever met. It was overall a fantastic experience for me.
Summary Jacobs
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2015
Hardest part: dealing with multiple projects and politics in almost each of the projects i had to deal with.

Learned: devised macros for the specific tasks - automation which made the pverall work more efficient.
My recommendation
1) Senior Mechanical Engineer - Valve Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2016
It was a nice company to work with. Friendly atmosphere.
Project engineering work for various client.
Mechanical lead work was busy every day.
Learned about pumping station and terminal for the oil transporting client.
JACOBS CANADA INC.
Lead Electrical and Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2012
Great company to work on contract with. Good wages and benefits.
Good management and good payments on time.
Pros
great company and good wages
My background & skills can be utilized & developed & to show my knowledge & experiences.
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta Canada24 September 2015
The culture of the people and environment makes it great place work for me.I have worked successfully completed several projects from the start to completion.
Overall a good company to work for
Sr. Site Administrator/Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 June 2014
Enjoyed the structure and processes that were in place within the company. Has a great benefit package. Worked with some excellent people - talented, diligent in their work ethics. Most difficult part of the job was changing management, changing work ethics and standards. Most enjoyable part of job is that I love doing the kind of work I do.
Pros
Great benefit program
Cons
Changes in management during project duration; lack of consistency of philosophy
Great benefits and good people to work with
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 March 2015
Great company to work for, they walk the walk and talk the talk. Best part is that we work a 9 hour day, bank 1 hour per day and get every second Friday off. Overtime is not a requirement this provides a comfortable work life balance. The companies "beyond Zero" safety policy is something that shows the company cares about its employees.
Pros
Work life balance.
Cons
Current work front is poor.
Fun and easy to comprehend
Welding Apprentice for Shell Scotford Turnaround (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 July 2015
Working with highly experienced journey persons was a great way for me to learn the job in the safest way possible. just regular maintenance work of which the hardest part was carrying heavy tools to heights.
Pros
good hours and good benefits
Cons
1.25hr drive to work