Jacobs

Jacobs Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Kingsport location: Non-qualified, very disrespectful Supervision
Supervisor (Current Employee), Kingsport,TNJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: competitive wages
Cons: professionalism (very provocative supervisors)
I have never worked in a place where the supervisors are so unprofessional. This company seriously needs some restructure.
Review of Jacob's
Switchman (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: always knowing what we needed to do, good coworkers, challenges
Cons: lack of adequate ppe.
Spotting loading bays, ensuring hopper cars are clean and dry, navigating locomotives, and driving the locomotive. I learned a great deal about the functions of rail work, and plant processes. I have no grievances with the management at Jacob's. All my coworkers were great, they made the job much easier and more enjoyable. The hardest part of my job – more... was when we didn't have a lot to do and the time just crept by. The satisfaction of doing a good , and contributing to the overall success of the day to day operations of the facility. – less
GOOD
Sr. Civil & Structural Engineer (Current Employee), SingaporeJanuary 16, 2014
typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great Work Environment, Like a family
(FL) Office Manager/Staff Accountant (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: bonuses and free lunches, work experience as boss was a mentor.
Cons: could get extremely hectic at times but managed well.
Do A/P, A/R, bank deposits, monthly client write ups, quarterly and annual payroll for 3 clients, reports, help with yearly audits, tax preparation, bank reconciliations, supply ordering, vendor selection, set up new clients and employees, first line of defense for IT.
Project Coordinating
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Reading, ENGJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: office working hours
- preparing the materials for meetings
- working with people worldwide
- working with MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Access
good place to work with helpfull ppl to teach if willing to learn
Electrician helper (Former Employee), Texas City, TXJanuary 13, 2014
i have nothing bad to say about the job it was a good experience for me.
you have to be switched on and keep your eye on the ball
PERMIT COORDINATOR, P&M Chargehand (Former Employee), Bacton, ENGJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: travel to and from work paid for
My day to day duties are coordinating permits for all the workers, I have attended lots of shell approved training courses, gas testing, Control room, Management course plus lots more.
I have a good working relationship with management and coworkers
fun people
Packer (Former Employee), liverpoolJanuary 7, 2014
i enjoyed my co-workers. but at times the job can be hard due to the repetitiveness of it. causing pain in the back. other than that i enjoyed working there.
Ok place to work
Commissioning Manager, Mechanical System Engineer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 6, 2014
Good place to work, gained valuable experience. Would rather work in a Bonus based salary compensation structure ( Pay for Performance).
Great place to work and grow.
Mechanic II (Former Employee), Multiple job sites or departmentsJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: every day was a new challenge
Cons: being laid off
A chance to really show my abilities and knowledge. When a supervisor needed a job done quickly and done right they would call on me. I really injoy assisting and teaching lower level mechanics the proper and safe way to completing a project.
Overall very good work place
Project Manager (Current Employee), Long Beach OfficeJanuary 3, 2014
I learn a lot of management skills being working with Jacobs team.
productive work days
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee), La Porte, TXDecember 30, 2013
i learned alot about my craft during the short time i was there. good foreman's to work for
Another Opportunity to work for a Government Contracting Company
Engineer Assistant II (Former Employee), Eglin AFB, FLDecember 19, 2013
This company rehired me in another location after I had to PCS with my husband. I defiantely enjoyed the location.
Good company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bellevue, WADecember 18, 2013
Great place to work except being micromanaged. Overworked and little pay.
Great Company
Sr. PDMS Piping Designer (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXDecember 17, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: low pay for my work.
The company is great. My only problem is I worked for more than what I was making. Regardless of my years of experience as to which their policy feeds from. I have out worked and have already obtained more knowledge than some of the people already here for 10+ years. You raise and salary should be based on the work you are providing the company with. – more... Not on how long you have been doing it. – less
Excellent work environment
Testing Engineer / Program Manager (Former Employee), Hurlburt Field AFB, FLDecember 16, 2013
The company is diligent in making sure everything and everyone is held accountable for their actions. There is never a question for what is required from the employees. Extremely above board company and a pleasure to work for.
This company is the worst. The management is a joke.
Management (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNDecember 15, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: "culture of caring". "safety"
This company is the worst. The management is a joke. Never seen so much complete cover ups from management for the "in crowd" such as sexual harassment complaints, safety issues, hiring and firing. Currently hoping to leave company ASAP. This place needs complete management wiped out starting with HR dept.
Good Working Environment
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 7, 2013
Good place to work with great co- workers. Management is great and is willing to help out, and support me in any task at work or at home.
Project Test Officer/Range Controller (Current Employee), Dugway, UTDecember 4, 2013
Enjoy working here but reached maximum growth. Hours fluctuated from days/swing/nights/weekend. Military testing/training
Very productive work environment
Document Management Lead - Downstream/Upstream (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 2, 2013
Pros: great work schedule 4/10
Cons: healthcare
I learn to be a stronger Lead. Be more interactive with the other doc controllers. Learn to do project doc control estimates.

About Jacobs

Jacobs Engineering fuels its rise up the ladder with oil, gas, and chemicals. The group provides technical, professional,¬†and – Read more