Jacobs Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent opportunity for Construction Project exposure
Senior Scheduler for Shell Major Projects (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 5, 2014
This position is away from home, staying in camp. Continued to learn the ins and outs of construction scope from initial installation to commissioning for all disciplines while developing and maintaining an integrated schedule for all contractors.
Work with an excellent team, both internally, other contractors and the client while striving to maintain a win/win approach for the execution of the scope of work.
The most difficult part of the job is the time spent away from home, so it is vital to ensure that time at home is well spent. However the up side is that while in camp, life is simple. This allows complete focus on the job with out outside pressures.
It is very gratifying to see a plan come together after all of the interactive planning and scheduling sessions have been conducted and to implement and execute the schedule.
Pros
lodging in executive camp rooms
Cons
extended periods away from home
Excellent Teamwork
Intermediate Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJune 19, 2014
• Meet daily payment remittance deadlines by noon each day
• Lead role in preparation of funding requests/cash calls to client
• Review accounts payable invoices for contract compliance
• Update and maintain AP logs
• Coding of accounts payable
• Close out of purchase orders
• Process monthly journal entries
• Ensure accounting records are accurate
• Prepare unbilled reconciliation on a monthly basis
• Prepare bank account reconciliation’s and other cash call accounts
• Liaise with project management, project controls and accounting management to review results on a monthly basis
• Audit support
not bad
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 6, 2015
i was called based on the recommendation of a friend for an interview. Was interviewed seperatelly by two. The first one asked, to my opinion, too many private question and the second one was very professional and confident. I did not like that Jacobs is not taking responsibility for their people in bad time with an attitude " we are not the shelter". I believe for a good company and stable society , it it important to keep good people coz they supported the company in good times, but in bad times, they are not good enough.
Lots of learning
Int. Project Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  calgaryApril 25, 2015
I worked almost three years at this company and my time there was filled with joy and intense learning. I learned most aspects of engineering business as well as about my department specific. I would highly recommend people working with companies like Jacobs.
I like to work with Jacobs.
Sr. piping designer/checker (Current Employee) –  CalgaryAugust 20, 2014
I like to work with Jacobs.

Jacobs has good working environment, good management, good training system, provided good chance to learn and improve on your career. The co-workers is helpful when you need. easy to communicate. I really like the working environment at Jacobs.
Great people and oppertunities
Scaffolding & Indirect Trades Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 22, 2015
Working closely with clients on day to day activities in all aspects of the trade groups. Organizing work and keeping employee personal safety above all else. Showing a caring culture to new employees and making everyone feel like part of the team.
Management skill was great.
Senior / Principal Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary ABMarch 24, 2015
As one of largest design engineering firm in the world, I learned the skill of project management. Jacobs gave a great chance for me to perform my best.
an overview and planning of a days work
Forman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 9, 2015
helping assist other trades moving in moving and placing material for their workday ,good radio communications with co-workers and management makes for a safe productive work day.
And everyone goes home safe at the end of the day
SERP Project
Project Scheduler and Cost Control (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 26, 2015
it was some of the best times of my career. I worked with some good people there. We built a good team
This as well as the following reviews will be similar as I worked in different capacities at the same site.
Pros
uncertainy of the business
Cons
good team building
Overall a good company to work for
Sr. Site Administrator/Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 26, 2014
Enjoyed the structure and processes that were in place within the company. Has a great benefit package. Worked with some excellent people - talented, diligent in their work ethics. Most difficult part of the job was changing management, changing work ethics and standards. Most enjoyable part of job is that I love doing the kind of work I do.
Pros
great benefit program
Cons
changes in management during project duration; lack of consistency of philosophy
great team envirorment
General foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 27, 2015
great team environment. it was great to be involved in this team. the safety culture was amazing. the electrical department was built to preform. all who were involved had a common goals of safety quality and finally production.
Wonderful place to work!!
Materials Requisitions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaAugust 9, 2012
I have never enjoyed a work environment as I do at Jacobs. It is a very fun and casual setting, however the balance is perfect so it does not take away from productivity. The management team is amazing, and definitely the friendliest group I have ever met, with every single one keeping an open-door policy. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the people I work with, I have met so many new friends here!
Pros
hard work does not go unnoticed
Cons
client expectations can be very demanding
Good Workplace & Fun Coworkers
Sr. Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 13, 2015
Calgary office is a good environment to work in but local economy has caused a slowdown at the Calgary office. This resulted in massive reduction of staff.
Pros
Coworkers are Diverse
Cons
Work longevity
An OK place to work
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 23, 2014
- Good pay
- Lots of overtime
- Good project to work on
- Avg. management
Tasks and Projects
Server Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2015
Server monitoring of all main servers in Canada - check for issues
Tackle the tickets in the service queue for Server Operations
Create project folder security based on location and disciplines
Build servers in VMware for 2008 for 2003 migration
Check data centre for server, UPS, and network alerts
Always busy
Pros
good enviroment
Working at Belle Plaine mine site was great because I got to do lots of different things there
reinforcing ironworker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKNovember 14, 2012
Started with a prejob safety talk and prejob safety clearance form and work order .went you my area to fab up rebar or tie up rebar.I learned about the mining industtry and how things were made out of potash.I worked closely with different groups mainly carpenters but other trades too.The hardest part of job is I was a one man crew and sometimes was rushed to get done.It was a good place to work and I got to do all sides of the rebar industry from estimating to fabbing to placing and tieing it and was good at that
Pros
was good place work
Cons
we didn`t get travel time or gas allowance for travelling to site each day
Productive job driven enviroment
QC Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, Alta. CanadaFebruary 28, 2012
Good paying job. Productive job driven enviroment. Shutdown specialists. Lots of overtime and adhered to contractual agreements. Fully compensated for time and expenses. Overall good company to do business with.
Pros
all expenses paid, executive camp for duration of contract.
Well organized company that offered opportunities for advancement
Senior Planner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 21, 2014
Jacobs offered training where requested and where needed. The work they offered was challenging and I was compensated fairly while employed here. I parted ways with Jacobs on good terms to explore other opportunites. I would except future opportunities with this company and would recommend Jacobs to anyone who asked.
Pros
challenging opportunities
Cons
none to speak of
had bad experience
Labour Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABFebruary 5, 2015
Was sexually harassed in an isolated area on an isolated job. I notified my foreman asap. nothing happened, so I complained. Got transferred, and then got laid off. So I am not happy with this company. Cause working for them and getting sexually harassed can make you loose your job. makes no sense right. horrible experience.
An excellent place to work at
Technical Design Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Jacobs is a very professional company and a place where one has the liberty to express oneself and gives freedom to work. One learns a lot from others and has a perfect atmosphere to work as a team member.