Jacobs

Jacobs Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall very good work place
Project Manager (Current Employee), Long Beach OfficeJanuary 3, 2014
I learn a lot of management skills being working with Jacobs team.
productive work days
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee), La Porte, TXDecember 30, 2013
i learned alot about my craft during the short time i was there. good foreman's to work for
Think twice work for Jacobs Calgary
Civil Engineer (Former Employee), CalgaryDecember 21, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: better than nothing benifit, worry about job security constantly
Majority of the middle management team are Indians. A lot of Indian work permit holders too. If you happen to be Caucasian, congratulations, you are the visual minority here.

Management is BS. At company/department scale meetings, they always tell you how great the company is doing while they constantly "vacation off" people (On the other hand, they – more... try best to keep Indians on work permit to get Immigration status).

The company has no standard way of performing technical designs since their engineers are from many different backgrounds. This is both good and bad. If you have a great team lead, it's good! If you happen to end up with a stupid lead, cry me a river! I would not recommend this company for anyone start out their career because chances are you are not going to learn the proper way.

Like any other EPCM companies, Jacobs is subjected to the Oil&Gas cycle. It's a good place to work for when the Canadian oil economy is doing good provide you don't under-perform too bad.

Think twice when the Canadian oil economy is not doing good. Then you will have to worry about company not getting new projects coming to work everyday. Kiss goodbye your lunch mates, friends. It's even more painful when you are forced to "take vacation". And eventually, maybe get layed off. ( They will put your name under the resignation list when they show people in the next meeting)

Depends on your department and the team you are working for. There are good and bad people you have to deal with. Best of luck! – less
Big Name - Small Culture
Project Controls (Former Employee), Querry Park, Calgary, ABDecember 20, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: no career growth...worst company to work for...
Worst company to work for. The Management has no skills. They work less and do politics more. Totally Hippocratic.
Another Opportunity to work for a Government Contracting Company
Engineer Assistant II (Former Employee), Eglin AFB, FLDecember 19, 2013
This company rehired me in another location after I had to PCS with my husband. I defiantely enjoyed the location.
Good company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bellevue, WADecember 18, 2013
Great place to work except being micromanaged. Overworked and little pay.
Great Company
Sr. PDMS Piping Designer (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXDecember 17, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: low pay for my work.
The company is great. My only problem is I worked for more than what I was making. Regardless of my years of experience as to which their policy feeds from. I have out worked and have already obtained more knowledge than some of the people already here for 10+ years. You raise and salary should be based on the work you are providing the company with. – more... Not on how long you have been doing it. – less
Excellent work environment
Testing Engineer / Program Manager (Former Employee), Hurlburt Field AFB, FLDecember 16, 2013
The company is diligent in making sure everything and everyone is held accountable for their actions. There is never a question for what is required from the employees. Extremely above board company and a pleasure to work for.
This company is the worst. The management is a joke.
Management (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNDecember 15, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: "culture of caring". "safety"
This company is the worst. The management is a joke. Never seen so much complete cover ups from management for the "in crowd" such as sexual harassment complaints, safety issues, hiring and firing. Currently hoping to leave company ASAP. This place needs complete management wiped out starting with HR dept.
Good Working Environment
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 7, 2013
Good place to work with great co- workers. Management is great and is willing to help out, and support me in any task at work or at home.
Project Test Officer/Range Controller (Current Employee), Dugway, UTDecember 4, 2013
Enjoy working here but reached maximum growth. Hours fluctuated from days/swing/nights/weekend. Military testing/training
Very productive work environment
Document Management Lead - Downstream/Upstream (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 2, 2013
Pros: great work schedule 4/10
Cons: healthcare
I learn to be a stronger Lead. Be more interactive with the other doc controllers. Learn to do project doc control estimates.
good Place to work
Project Controller (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHDecember 2, 2013
Very good place to work.perfect place
Good culture
Nice place to improve knowledge and build career
Great Company
QA Representative (Former Employee), New Cumberland, PANovember 30, 2013
Pros: leave you alone
Cons: management is all for the client
Great company but management doesn't back up it's employees. The client is always right.
Company deserves to be categorized as a third world company
Anonymous (Current Employee), AnonymousNovember 28, 2013
Pros: none indeed
Cons: do not work for jacobs is just a sweatshop.
Jacobs promises to clients impossible schedules, assign
Scarce resources to the projects both in quantity and quality. Then tells the client that is the employee's fault. If you are not in the inner circle of the key managers, you do not have opportunities of growing. You will be in the lay off list.
If you want to work in Jacobs do not concern to master – more... your skills in your professional area. Better master your skills in office politics. I see many engineers/designers coming and leaving Jacobs. – less
great team spirt
Nightshift superintendent shutdown JPM (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 25, 2013
Provide site level coordination and supervision of work crews,
I learned how to balance multiple personalities creating a safe positive, productive work environment .
The high pace of shut downs with new people proved challenging yet rewarding .
I enjoyed the daily banter of our group .The day always started upbeat and a good morning
No isues with companies.
Sr Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Hopkinton, MANovember 20, 2013
Pros: excellant benefits.
Cons: lot of travel
Good companies to work for, fostered keeping current on technical training.
Production worker (Former Employee), LiverpoolNovember 15, 2013
Pros: fun environment
Cons: the line could go very quick
As I worked for an agency, work was not always guaranteed, although, when it was available, it was challenging and fun. The management listened if there was a problem and my co-workers were very helpful.
Difficult, lack of leadership, no advancement
Project Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2013
Pros: leniency, no micromanagement
Cons: no leadership, no advancement, forced vacation days
It was difficult to balance work and expectations for this company. From the moment I started to the day I was laid off, I had little to no assistance from the woman to whom I directly reported. Despite this, I did manage to find my way and become an integral part of the studio. I was given a lot of free reign and was able to hone many skills, as well – more... as create a myriad of new ones. – less
Fun and Caring
Jr. Design Engineer (Current Employee), Andheri, MumbaiNovember 11, 2013
Pros: acomodation
Cons: 2 hr
i learnt how to work with co-worker and how to handle client and vendor in absence of seniors

About Jacobs

Jacobs Engineering fuels its rise up the ladder with oil, gas, and chemicals. The group provides technical, professional,¬†and – Read more