Jacobs Employee Reviews

very nice working environment
Senior Piping Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2015
Woking with different people is always a challenge at first , since you have to let them know you and for you to know them. Working attitude is very professional, working space was amazing the open concept with out those tall cubicles i loved it.

The friends that i made along the way, i'm gonna miss them.
Pros
location downtown is awesome
Cons
long commute
Very friendly job enviornment
Procurement Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary3 October 2015
Lots of learning opportunity
Giving opportunity to work
Listening your ideas for productive work
co-workers are very cooperative
staff management is excellent
very friendly environment
Non respect des individus
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Scotford, AB24 September 2015
Manque de respect envers les employés,
aucune concidération envers leurs évolutions
employés égale un numéro que l'on remplace...
My background & skills can be utilized & developed & to show my knowledge & experiences.
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta Canada24 September 2015
The culture of the people and environment makes it great place work for me.I have worked successfully completed several projects from the start to completion.
Very Good Safety, Quality and Delivery Oriented Company
Project Controls Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2015
It’s a FORTUNE 500 Company with excellence in Project Management, Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Maintenance (EPC & M). Jacobs Engineering is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services. With annual revenues of nearly $12 billion, it’s a US company based with global network includes more than 160 offices in more than 20 countries. Which have operations in North America, the United Kingdom, mainland Europe, Australia, and Asia. (Headquarters are in Pasadena, California, America)
Pros
Salary, Safe Work Culture
Cons
Job Security
Culture of caring
Mechanical Engineer, EIT (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 July 2015
Jacobs constantly emphasizes its culture of caring which is evident everyday you go to work. Working with people who genuinely care about your well being motivates you to excel.
Fun and easy to comprehend
Welding Apprentice for Shell Scotford Turnaround (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 July 2015
Working with highly experienced journey persons was a great way for me to learn the job in the safest way possible. just regular maintenance work of which the hardest part was carrying heavy tools to heights.
Pros
good hours and good benefits
Cons
1.25hr drive to work
Highly Structured and Industry Leaders
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 June 2015
I found Jacobs as an exciting place to work where I have lots of opportunities to learn and apply my knowledge.

My stay at Jacobs was a fun and exciting time where I learned a lot of project management skills and met a variety of people with solid experience in their technical field.

Jacobs gave me confidence to polish my management and technical knowledge and I was able to discover my leadership style which has boosted my career to the next senior management level.
Pros
High level of motivation for dedicated individuals
Cons
Extremely tight timelines on projects
Senior Control Systems Designer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 June 2015
Jacobs Canada is a good place to work. Company observes work-life balance and makes sure every opinion is heard. The salary is also competitive and offers continuous learning.
Perfect company
Sr. Material management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 June 2015
I really like to work at Jacobs Canada.
I love work atmosphere and relationship between people work there.
most enjoyable part of my job is dynamic work as we are a connection between designers, engineers, management, suppliers and site contractors.
It used to be a good place to work.
Piping Designer / Checker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta17 June 2015
I consider myself lucky. I was one of the few designers that was actually doing detailed engineering, as most of the design work was being sent out to the Mumbai office.

I was also fortunate to be working with good people...all very professional and all with good humor.

The hardest part of my job was making the process area totally functional, accessible and safe for operations

The most enjoyable part was after model reviews, when people would tell me I did a good design
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
As soon as I was non-billable, I was terminated
Jacobs
Senior Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 June 2015
Great company. Being a part of Jacobs was one of the highlights of my career. I would recommend Jacobs to anyone looking for a career.
fun place to work
Jr. Project Manager - Shell Downstream Program (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2015
great co-workers, no benefits. not a typical 9 to 5. lots of work. if you enjoy traveling as part of your work and there is lots of chances for that.
Good Workplace & Fun Coworkers
Sr. Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 May 2015
Calgary office is a good environment to work in but local economy has caused a slowdown at the Calgary office. This resulted in massive reduction of staff.
Pros
Coworkers are Diverse
Cons
Work longevity
weak job culture and management
Pipeline drafter (Former Employee) –  Querry park1 May 2015
I enjoyed working with my supervisor and co-workers but all of us did`nt have job security. Project management was good but upper Managers don’t recognize their employee’s hardwork. Not the most promising company to work for. Once project is done, they’ll lay you off as quick as possible. No advancement either, and training was very poor.
Cons
they held alot of meeting during launch time and all of us did not have time to take break
Friendly and enjoyable team environment, Great work experience with knowledgeable staff and interesting projects.
Senior Piping Designer/Checker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2015
Pros
Staff Benefits
Intermediate Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2015
Over the years my perspective on this has changed as my job changed within the organization. All in all a good place to work, people are treated fair if they work, if they are lazy... well... they aren't.

I found the overall business outlook was shortsighted from time to time, but in the end there was reasoning behind many of the decisions that seem this way at the onset.

There were a number of good things that came out of this, along side a host of knowledge, and these include things from earned days off to project lunches and team building events.
Lots of learning
Int. Project Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  calgary25 April 2015
I worked almost three years at this company and my time there was filled with joy and intense learning. I learned most aspects of engineering business as well as about my department specific. I would highly recommend people working with companies like Jacobs.
Great spot to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 April 2015
Great work life balance, supportive and accommodating. Something must be right if they're the latest Maintenance Contractor in the world...
Great benefits and good people to work with
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 March 2015
Great company to work for, they walk the walk and talk the talk. Best part is that we work a 9 hour day, bank 1 hour per day and get every second Friday off. Overtime is not a requirement this provides a comfortable work life balance. The companies "beyond Zero" safety policy is something that shows the company cares about its employees.
Pros
Work life balance.
Cons
Current work front is poor.