Pros: every day there is a different challenge
Cons: long hours, schedule driven
Identifying, analyzing and setting up project requirements, systems and project files;
Preparing project specific work instructions and PEP tool instructions;
Participating in IAP processes to plan work and allocate resources;
Coordinating with the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Project Management;
Supervising employees on the project and distributing workloads;
Identifying training needs and providing on the job training, coaching and counseling;
Recognizing and addressing performance issues and documenting improvement processes;
Forecasting man hour requirements and defining staffing roles, responsibilities and plans;
Participating in performance evaluations and reporting assessments to upper management;
Providing recommendations on methods and techniques to improve quality, productivity and deadlines
- Perform Document Control activities for the Project Team including documentation receipt, registration, distribution and transmittal back to Owner
- Ensure assigned Contractor and Supplier documentation deliverables meet contract requirements and perform quality checks for compliance.
- Quality checks shall include, correct document number, revision, title, etc. as per Document Control governing specifications.
- Check to ensure the Master Document Register, Supplier Master Document Register and Document Distribution Matrix requirements are being implemented.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate staff on the status of documentation.
- Ensure timely and efficient turnaround of comment response sheets to Contractors.
- Responsible for assigning/verifying – more... technical document numbers for the Project as per Project specifications.
- Generates reports, including the formatting and packaging of results.
- Complies with the Information Management Plan and associated information management procedures.
- Responsible for organizing, filing and archiving of Project technical documentation; hard copy files and electronic file in Project Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
- Monitor Administrative staff in handling non-technical documentation and filing. – less