Jacobs Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Very Challenging Position
Information Management Level 5 (Principal) (Current Employee), Calgary, AB, CanadaAugust 15, 2014
Pros: every day there is a different challenge
Cons: long hours, schedule driven
­ Identifying, analyzing and setting up project requirements, systems and project files;
­ Preparing project specific work instructions and PEP tool instructions;
­ Participating in IAP processes to plan work and allocate resources;
­ Coordinating with the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Project Management;
­ Supervising employees on the project and distributing workloads;
­ Identifying training needs and providing on the job training, coaching and counseling;
­ Recognizing and addressing performance issues and documenting improvement processes;
­ Forecasting man hour requirements and defining staffing roles, responsibilities and plans;
­ Participating in performance evaluations and reporting assessments to upper management;
­ Providing recommendations on methods and techniques to improve quality, productivity and deadlines
- Perform Document Control activities for the Project Team including documentation receipt, registration, distribution and transmittal back to Owner
- Ensure assigned Contractor and Supplier documentation deliverables meet contract requirements and perform quality checks for compliance.
- Quality checks shall include, correct document number, revision, title, etc. as per Document Control governing specifications.
- Check to ensure the Master Document Register, Supplier Master Document Register and Document Distribution Matrix requirements are being implemented.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate staff on the status of documentation.
- Ensure timely and efficient turnaround of comment response sheets to Contractors.
- Responsible for assigning/verifying – more... technical document numbers for the Project as per Project specifications.
- Generates reports, including the formatting and packaging of results.
- Complies with the Information Management Plan and associated information management procedures.
- Responsible for organizing, filing and archiving of Project technical documentation; hard copy files and electronic file in Project Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
- Monitor Administrative staff in handling non-technical documentation and filing. – less
Good atmosphere and positive work environment
Accounts payable (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 5, 2014
Pros: gift certificates from management and meeting new people.
Cons: my contract was only 3 months... i wish it had been longer.
I worked primarily in accounts payable and learned quite a bit as it was my first time working in this type of position. I also assisted procurement and document controls with filing and data entry and archiving documents upon project completion. My coworkers were easy to work with and answered any questions I had to the best of their abilities. The hardest part of my job was getting used to starting so early in the morning, but once I got on to a schedule, it became second nature and I enjoyed working early in the morning. The best part of my job was learning some new skills and meeting so many great people.
great team of trades
carpenter ( scaffolder) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 30, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: no cons
i enjoyed going to work,great bunch of people to work with,the safety is the best i have ever seen in the work field.the job are never boring,always something different
QC Inspection
• Co-ordinate NDE Testing
• Review daily weld reports
• Map completed welds
• Check Welding procedures
• Handle record keeping and documentation
• Carry out inspection in accordance with ITP
• Carry out walk down for punch list
• Reviewed NDE reports
• Compiled records and reviewed turn over packages
• Verification to ensure that the applicable welding procedures specification (WPS) are approve prior to start of any welding activity
• Verification and correctness of welding consumable such as Welding electrodes, filler wires, and consumables
• Verification of Welding electrodes backing and storage to all equipment’s meets job specification and code requirements
• Verification of dimensions fit-up and welds preparations in compliance with drawings
• Ensure that the approved welding procedures are employed in productions
• Visual inspection and dimensional of completed weld against the specifications, requirement and drawings
• Preparing NDE request as per the project spec
• Preparation and witnessed Hydro testing and pressure test packages
• Flange joint inspection, Bolt torqueing and gasket verification of flange joints
• Monitoring of Tie-in pre inspection activities
Overworked big time.
Procurement Specialist(Contract). (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: terrible managers
worst place I ever worked, the managers are bullies and they hate it if you do not brown nose to them all the time. They use people then throw them away if your manager does not like you.
The office politics and tittle tackle is terrible with the character assassination of good workers being done by the career nutcases.
Sorry but I would never work their again they treat people terrible, overload you with work then expect you to put 50 hour weeks in to clear it, if you don`t work over they fire you.
Sorry but I have a personal life as well as work.
Nice People
Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 11, 2014
Pros: people
* Happy people to work with
* Little opportunity to advanced forward with personal career
* Lack of training/development chances
Nice place for work if you are experienced.
Electrical Design Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaJuly 5, 2014
Pros: nice and friendly atmosphere
Cons: no training, no briefing about the job for new employees
Pros: The company is very generous in providing basic facilities, the working time is truly flexible, the company trusts its employees in recording the attendance and overtime. They are very generous and flexible in giving annual vacations. The co-workers are very friendly although they are not able to spend time to train you as they themselves are very busy.
Cons: When I joined Jacobs I was very new to the EPC working environment. A new employee is supposed to get one computer for day to day work even for recording attendance, I received mine after 4 months of joining. I had to request other people and use their computer (maybe there was shortage of computers in the company those days). On the very first day of my job I was introduced to few people on the floor, and after that I was sitting alone getting bored, I asked for some work and I was given the most difficult one without any detailed briefing, when I started to ask questions they took that work from me and said don't worry we will do it, we will get something else for you. I stayed there for one year, and slowly learned to do the job, and I was doing good, one day the manager called me in his office and appreciated my work and assured me that my job is likely to continue, after one week the manager called me again in his office and said we don't have much work and you job will be terminated with immediate effect. Although I had lots of works to do and I was busy full time. So when I was confident in doing my work they laid me off, without telling me any solid reason.
Overall a good company to work for
Sr. Site Administrator/Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 26, 2014
Pros: great benefit program
Cons: changes in management during project duration; lack of consistency of philosophy
Enjoyed the structure and processes that were in place within the company. Has a great benefit package. Worked with some excellent people - talented, diligent in their work ethics. Most difficult part of the job was changing management, changing work ethics and standards. Most enjoyable part of job is that I love doing the kind of work I do.
Excellent Teamwork
Intermediate Project Accountant (Former Employee), CalgaryJune 19, 2014
• Meet daily payment remittance deadlines by noon each day
• Lead role in preparation of funding requests/cash calls to client
• Review accounts payable invoices for contract compliance
• Update and maintain AP logs
• Coding of accounts payable
• Close out of purchase orders
• Process monthly journal entries
• Ensure accounting records are accurate
• Prepare unbilled reconciliation on a monthly basis
• Prepare bank account reconciliation’s and other cash call accounts
• Liaise with project management, project controls and accounting management to review results on a monthly basis
• Audit support
Loved Working With All Projects
Inter Health, Safety & Environment Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 5, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: not much leading by example from mid level to upper management
Loved my job. Interacted with a lot of people through projects and my job scope.

Do as I say not as I do attitude by leads, mid level managers.
Great group of people to work alongside.
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee), Medicine hat AlbertaJune 1, 2014
Pros: steady work, very orientated in safety!
Cons: living away from home.
Every person looks after each other in performing your tasks safely. A lot of returning workers year after year because the company and client respect you.
Would go back in a second
Health and Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMay 28, 2014
Pros: supportive management
Cons: not enough work, was laid off.
Hands down, best experience I have ever had working. Fantastic company that really puts their people first!
Excellent opportunity for Construction Project exposure
Senior Scheduler for Shell Major Projects (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 5, 2014
Pros: lodging in executive camp rooms
Cons: extended periods away from home
This position is away from home, staying in camp. Continued to learn the ins and outs of construction scope from initial installation to commissioning for all disciplines while developing and maintaining an integrated schedule for all contractors.
Work with an excellent team, both internally, other contractors and the client while striving to maintain a win/win approach for the execution of the scope of work.
The most difficult part of the job is the time spent away from home, so it is vital to ensure that time at home is well spent. However the up side is that while in camp, life is simple. This allows complete focus on the job with out outside pressures.
It is very gratifying to see a plan come together after all of the interactive planning and scheduling sessions have been conducted and to implement and execute the schedule.
Good workplace with fun corporate activites. Has gym facilities
Intermediate Document Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 1, 2014
* Fun corporate activities (International Week, Halloween and United Way fundraising)
* Majority are good to work with
Wonderful Management!
SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 17, 2014
-Management staff is kind and understanding
-family & friends like environment
-Flexibility in shifts and hours
great people to work for and with
Senior Electrical Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 26, 2014
Good place to work, very people focused, do interesting work
learn a lot
Lead Hand (Former Employee), Norman Wells, NTMarch 12, 2014
Pros: good formation
Cons: 10 hours a day
like to work long hours never sikc good worker safety topic evrey day help new worker thim worker good support from manegement down time hardest part of job
Senior Piping Designer
Senior Piping Designer (Current Employee), Edmobton, ABMarch 4, 2014
• Enbridge Pipline INC. Athabasca Expansion Project Multi-Pig Trap Scope (Fort McMurray, Alberta) – Piping Lead – Developed detail piping design for the kirby Lake Terminal Multi-Pig Trap. Coordinated with other disciplines for all piping design issues. Attended model review meetings. Reviewed all MR’s and Vendor’s documents.
Well organized company that offered opportunities for advancement
Senior Planner (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: challenging opportunities
Cons: none to speak of
Jacobs offered training where requested and where needed. The work they offered was challenging and I was compensated fairly while employed here. I parted ways with Jacobs on good terms to explore other opportunites. I would except future opportunities with this company and would recommend Jacobs to anyone who asked.
Time which is spending in the office is productive and pleasant.
Instrument Designer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: workplace provides fitness facilities which makes beneficial for health
My previous workplace was quiet good.
At the present time the company is running out of Projects for that reason some of the staff was realised
I enjoyed working with co-workers which ware very supportive and helpful.
The company provided some Lunch and Learn sessions which was very beneficial to attend.
I had a chance to learn more about application of the new instruments process details and safety issue in the oil & gas process.
Headquarters