Jacobs Employee Reviews in Canada

weak job culture and management
Pipeline drafter (Former Employee) –  Querry parkMay 1, 2015
I enjoyed working with my supervisor and co-workers but all of us did`nt have job security. Project management was good but upper Managers don’t recognize their employee’s hardwork. Not the most promising company to work for. Once project is done, they’ll lay you off as quick as possible. No advancement either, and training was very poor.
Cons
they held alot of meeting during launch time and all of us did not have time to take break
BEWARE Document Controllers
Lead Document Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 18, 2013
Co-workers where great to work around. Learned allot about slow Live Link. The Management just stinks in this department, very rude, and always looking over your shoulder, snarky, actually feels like your always on egg shells so BEWARE of this stressful environment.
Pros
money was good, benefits are good
Cons
nobody should have to work like this
Big Name - Small Culture
Project Controls (Former Employee) –  Querry Park, Calgary, ABDecember 20, 2013
Worst company to work for. The Management has no skills. They work less and do politics more. Totally Hippocratic.
Pros
salary
Cons
no career growth...worst company to work for...
Culture of caring
Mechanical Engineer, EIT (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 17, 2015
Jacobs constantly emphasizes its culture of caring which is evident everyday you go to work. Working with people who genuinely care about your well being motivates you to excel.
Perfect company
Sr. Material management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 17, 2015
I really like to work at Jacobs Canada.
I love work atmosphere and relationship between people work there.
most enjoyable part of my job is dynamic work as we are a connection between designers, engineers, management, suppliers and site contractors.
Great benefits and good people to work with
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 29, 2015
Great company to work for, they walk the walk and talk the talk. Best part is that we work a 9 hour day, bank 1 hour per day and get every second Friday off. Overtime is not a requirement this provides a comfortable work life balance. The companies "beyond Zero" safety policy is something that shows the company cares about its employees.
Pros
Work life balance.
Cons
Current work front is poor.
Jacobs
Senior Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 2, 2015
Great company. Being a part of Jacobs was one of the highlights of my career. I would recommend Jacobs to anyone looking for a career.
JACOBS CANADA INC.
Lead Electrical and Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2012
Great company to work on contract with. Good wages and benefits.
Good management and good payments on time.
Pros
great company and good wages
Intermediate Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 26, 2015
Over the years my perspective on this has changed as my job changed within the organization. All in all a good place to work, people are treated fair if they work, if they are lazy... well... they aren't.

I found the overall business outlook was shortsighted from time to time, but in the end there was reasoning behind many of the decisions that seem this way at the onset.

There were a number of good things that came out of this, along side a host of knowledge, and these include things from earned days off to project lunches and team building events.
Overworked big time.
Procurement Specialist(Contract). (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2014
worst place I ever worked, the managers are bullies and they hate it if you do not brown nose to them all the time. They use people then throw them away if your manager does not like you.
The office politics and tittle tackle is terrible with the character assassination of good workers being done by the career nutcases.
Sorry but I would never work their again they treat people terrible, overload you with work then expect you to put 50 hour weeks in to clear it, if you don`t work over they fire you.
Sorry but I have a personal life as well as work.
Pros
money
Cons
terrible managers
Great spot to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 10, 2015
Great work life balance, supportive and accommodating. Something must be right if they're the latest Maintenance Contractor in the world...
Pay and fellow workers were good. Management C-.
Estimator IV (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Department manager was an expert at Kbase but did not pass on his knowledge to those who worked for him. The company management talked about ethics but I feel they were not ethical with there employees. The pay was good and the people I worked with were fun to work with.
Pros
safety classes, free lunch during some holidays.
Cons
bellow par department management lesast 3 years..
Lots of learning
Int. Project Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  calgaryApril 25, 2015
I worked almost three years at this company and my time there was filled with joy and intense learning. I learned most aspects of engineering business as well as about my department specific. I would highly recommend people working with companies like Jacobs.
not bad
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 6, 2015
i was called based on the recommendation of a friend for an interview. Was interviewed seperatelly by two. The first one asked, to my opinion, too many private question and the second one was very professional and confident. I did not like that Jacobs is not taking responsibility for their people in bad time with an attitude " we are not the shelter". I believe for a good company and stable society , it it important to keep good people coz they supported the company in good times, but in bad times, they are not good enough.
Good atmosphere and positive work environment
Accounts payable (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 5, 2014
I worked primarily in accounts payable and learned quite a bit as it was my first time working in this type of position. I also assisted procurement and document controls with filing and data entry and archiving documents upon project completion. My coworkers were easy to work with and answered any questions I had to the best of their abilities. The hardest part of my job was getting used to starting so early in the morning, but once I got on to a schedule, it became second nature and I enjoyed working early in the morning. The best part of my job was learning some new skills and meeting so many great people.
Pros
gift certificates from management and meeting new people.
Cons
my contract was only 3 months... i wish it had been longer.
Great people and oppertunities
Scaffolding & Indirect Trades Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 22, 2015
Working closely with clients on day to day activities in all aspects of the trade groups. Organizing work and keeping employee personal safety above all else. Showing a caring culture to new employees and making everyone feel like part of the team.
Nepotism to the extreme
maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  IRVING OIL REFINERY SAINT JOHN N.B.May 20, 2013
Worked im maintenance for a client.Executing work orders.Learned that their philosophy is if you want to get ahead you have to bring out the knives.Favouritism was the order of the day.Management on the site are a bunch of paranoid control freaks who encourage finking and demand blind loyalty.If oyu get injured they treat you like a criminal.They peddle their culture of caring,then break WNB rules regarding incident reporting.Co-workers were ok.Hardest part of job was watching the atmosphere change from let's go to work to "watch your back".Most enjoyable part of the job was the physical job itself.
Pros
payday
Cons
every other day
Management skill was great.
Senior / Principal Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary ABMarch 24, 2015
As one of largest design engineering firm in the world, I learned the skill of project management. Jacobs gave a great chance for me to perform my best.
Good Workplace & Fun Coworkers
Sr. Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 13, 2015
Calgary office is a good environment to work in but local economy has caused a slowdown at the Calgary office. This resulted in massive reduction of staff.
Pros
Coworkers are Diverse
Cons
Work longevity
an overview and planning of a days work
Forman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 9, 2015
helping assist other trades moving in moving and placing material for their workday ,good radio communications with co-workers and management makes for a safe productive work day.
And everyone goes home safe at the end of the day