Jacobs Employee Reviews

Good people.
Senior Instrumentation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2016
Work/life balance was good, salary was competitive, job security not great and too much focus on work sharing with overseas offices.
Great place to work, Great staff and management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albert, MB12 April 2016
Great place to work, Great staff and management. Supports career and hard work. Large scale organisation. Fantastic people.
Pros
Great place to work, Great staff and management
A Very Diverse Company
Sr. Project Manager - Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON & Edmonton, AB6 January 2016
Working at E.S. Fox required long days and a good workload. I have learned to Diversify myself and be able to deal with many situations.
Management is Good pending on the location - Executive Management is Excellent, great Co-workers.
Hardest part of the Job was the need to Travel at times to projects and being away from your Family.
Most enjoyable time was retreats and satisfaction for a Job well done.
Pros
Supportive Executive Management
Cons
Long Hours
Jacobs - decent company, great people
F.Q. Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 March 2016
A great place to work with lots of growth and learning opportunities. Salary is not that great but people are amazing. Management was great until they started losing lots of projects.
good and safe work place
scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 March 2016
i liked to work for jacobs they were a good compagnie ,ive learn alot from good journeyman,i loved hard work like scaffolding ,i liked challange,good safety but i want jobs with flight and camp
Pros
good money
Cons
last job no camp, no flight
Good work culture, friendly
Structural Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 February 2016
I had learnt a lot at this company. Everyone there was friendly and always ready to help. The manager is always available to sort out what ever problem you have (strictly professional).
Pros
free lunches, learning opportunities
Cons
salary
My recommendation
1) Senior Mechanical Engineer - Valve Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2016
It was a nice company to work with. Friendly atmosphere.
Project engineering work for various client.
Mechanical lead work was busy every day.
Learned about pumping station and terminal for the oil transporting client.
Great experience for me and a good way for me to learn about EPC
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2016
I was treated with respect, and was able to get help whenever I needed. The people I worked with were some of the smartest, and nicest people I've ever met. It was overall a fantastic experience for me.
I&C Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2016
Excellent co-workers and a good work culture. Standards are good focus on safety is a major item for Jacobs. Lots of work to be done in overhead management to remain competitive and tough economic environment.
it is tolerable
Scaffolder (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB9 November 2015
A tipical day at work for me , i sign on a safe work permit the i do a hazzard assessment for the task at hand.most of my co-workers are pleasent ,the hardest part of the job is the commute to work.the most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge of building scaffolding in akward places.
Pros
im home every night
Cons
im not paid for travel and the rate of pay is the lowest in canada.
Jacobs
Principal Control System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary14 October 2015
Overall, I am very happy at my stay with Jacobs. I have developed my career from Intermediate, senior, principal to lead position in the past 11 years. The fun part is dynamic, every project is unique and most of them have different process and different control system from previous. There are always something new to learn for every job. I love this part and it expands my knowledge and experience.
Also I enjoy the free access to the gym and flexible schedule.
Pros
Free gym access; flexible work schedule
Jacobs was a fun and engaging place to work.
Instrument & Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2016
Jacobs was a fun and engaging place to work. It offered career advancement opportunities and also many different work challenges to help people learn and grow.
very nice working environment
Senior Piping Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2015
Woking with different people is always a challenge at first , since you have to let them know you and for you to know them. Working attitude is very professional, working space was amazing the open concept with out those tall cubicles i loved it.

The friends that i made along the way, i'm gonna miss them.
Pros
location downtown is awesome
Cons
long commute
Good people to work with
Lead Civil/Structural/Architectural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2015
People here are very friendly and helpful. Lots to learn from people who are more than willing to share their experiences.
Pros
Good working atmosphere, very high attention to safety
Cons
Hit by low oil prices since it works almost exclusively for oil industry.
Excellent consulting environment
Senior Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 November 2015
The Edmonton office of Jacobs is an excellent workplace with supportive management and a focus on collaborative work and lots of opportunities to advance. Unfortunately like most consulting firms job security becomes an issue during slow economic times.
love my job
journeyman scaffolder (Former Employee) –  alberta8 October 2015
The positive thing to do stay focus be safe safety is the key aspect in life look out for oneself and our coworkers. I work fo I work for them a few time over the past 10 year o on shutdowns smal small contracts they are very family I take my hat of t to Jacobs I feel very proud looking fo I feel very proud working for a company
Very Good Safety, Quality and Delivery Oriented Company
Project Controls Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2015
It’s a FORTUNE 500 Company with excellence in Project Management, Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Maintenance (EPC & M). Jacobs Engineering is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services. With annual revenues of nearly $12 billion, it’s a US company based with global network includes more than 160 offices in more than 20 countries. Which have operations in North America, the United Kingdom, mainland Europe, Australia, and Asia. (Headquarters are in Pasadena, California, America)
Pros
Salary, Safe Work Culture
Cons
Job Security
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 November 2015
JFSL in my word is one of the best companies i've ever worked for in my life ,the people are what makes this company what it is . the environment and atmosphere is one the most positive places I've ever worked in and would gladly go back and work them.
Pros
Awsome camp
Long time employee
Process Design and Drafting (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2016
Work at Cosyn for a total of 12 years. Gained many years of experience in the oil and gas industry working on projects small to large for Syncrude.
Highly Structured and Industry Leaders
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 June 2015
I found Jacobs as an exciting place to work where I have lots of opportunities to learn and apply my knowledge.

My stay at Jacobs was a fun and exciting time where I learned a lot of project management skills and met a variety of people with solid experience in their technical field.

Jacobs gave me confidence to polish my management and technical knowledge and I was able to discover my leadership style which has boosted my career to the next senior management level.
Pros
High level of motivation for dedicated individuals
Cons
Extremely tight timelines on projects