Jacobs Employee Reviews in Canada

Great benefits and good people to work with
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 29, 2015
Great company to work for, they walk the walk and talk the talk. Best part is that we work a 9 hour day, bank 1 hour per day and get every second Friday off. Overtime is not a requirement this provides a comfortable work life balance. The companies "beyond Zero" safety policy is something that shows the company cares about its employees.
Pros
Work life balance.
Cons
Current work front is poor.
Lots of learning
Int. Project Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  calgaryApril 25, 2015
I worked almost three years at this company and my time there was filled with joy and intense learning. I learned most aspects of engineering business as well as about my department specific. I would highly recommend people working with companies like Jacobs.
Senior Control Systems Designer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 17, 2015
Jacobs Canada is a good place to work. Company observes work-life balance and makes sure every opinion is heard. The salary is also competitive and offers continuous learning.
Pay and fellow workers were good. Management C-.
Estimator IV (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Department manager was an expert at Kbase but did not pass on his knowledge to those who worked for him. The company management talked about ethics but I feel they were not ethical with there employees. The pay was good and the people I worked with were fun to work with.
Pros
safety classes, free lunch during some holidays.
Cons
bellow par department management lesast 3 years..
Friendly and enjoyable team environment, Great work experience with knowledgeable staff and interesting projects.
Senior Piping Designer/Checker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 26, 2015
Pros
Staff Benefits
not bad
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 6, 2015
i was called based on the recommendation of a friend for an interview. Was interviewed seperatelly by two. The first one asked, to my opinion, too many private question and the second one was very professional and confident. I did not like that Jacobs is not taking responsibility for their people in bad time with an attitude " we are not the shelter". I believe for a good company and stable society , it it important to keep good people coz they supported the company in good times, but in bad times, they are not good enough.
Tasks and Projects
Server Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2015
Server monitoring of all main servers in Canada - check for issues
Tackle the tickets in the service queue for Server Operations
Create project folder security based on location and disciplines
Build servers in VMware for 2008 for 2003 migration
Check data centre for server, UPS, and network alerts
Always busy
Pros
good enviroment
Good Workplace & Fun Coworkers
Sr. Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 13, 2015
Calgary office is a good environment to work in but local economy has caused a slowdown at the Calgary office. This resulted in massive reduction of staff.
Pros
Coworkers are Diverse
Cons
Work longevity
Great people and oppertunities
Scaffolding & Indirect Trades Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 22, 2015
Working closely with clients on day to day activities in all aspects of the trade groups. Organizing work and keeping employee personal safety above all else. Showing a caring culture to new employees and making everyone feel like part of the team.
fun place to work
Jr. Project Manager - Shell Downstream Program (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
great co-workers, no benefits. not a typical 9 to 5. lots of work. if you enjoy traveling as part of your work and there is lots of chances for that.
had bad experience
Labour Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABFebruary 5, 2015
Was sexually harassed in an isolated area on an isolated job. I notified my foreman asap. nothing happened, so I complained. Got transferred, and then got laid off. So I am not happy with this company. Cause working for them and getting sexually harassed can make you loose your job. makes no sense right. horrible experience.
great team envirorment
General foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 27, 2015
great team environment. it was great to be involved in this team. the safety culture was amazing. the electrical department was built to preform. all who were involved had a common goals of safety quality and finally production.
Jacobs
Senior Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 2, 2015
Great company. Being a part of Jacobs was one of the highlights of my career. I would recommend Jacobs to anyone looking for a career.
an overview and planning of a days work
Forman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 9, 2015
helping assist other trades moving in moving and placing material for their workday ,good radio communications with co-workers and management makes for a safe productive work day.
And everyone goes home safe at the end of the day
SERP Project
Project Scheduler and Cost Control (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 26, 2015
it was some of the best times of my career. I worked with some good people there. We built a good team
This as well as the following reviews will be similar as I worked in different capacities at the same site.
Pros
uncertainy of the business
Cons
good team building
An excellent place to work at
Technical Design Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Jacobs is a very professional company and a place where one has the liberty to express oneself and gives freedom to work. One learns a lot from others and has a perfect atmosphere to work as a team member.
Good work environment
Structural Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2015
Jacobs is good company to work.

Management and poeple are really friendly and easy to work with.

Jacobs has a good talent and database to learn from.
Pros
good people & management
Cons
average salary
Management skill was great.
Senior / Principal Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary ABMarch 24, 2015
As one of largest design engineering firm in the world, I learned the skill of project management. Jacobs gave a great chance for me to perform my best.
Good atmosphere and positive work environment
Accounts payable (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 5, 2014
I worked primarily in accounts payable and learned quite a bit as it was my first time working in this type of position. I also assisted procurement and document controls with filing and data entry and archiving documents upon project completion. My coworkers were easy to work with and answered any questions I had to the best of their abilities. The hardest part of my job was getting used to starting so early in the morning, but once I got on to a schedule, it became second nature and I enjoyed working early in the morning. The best part of my job was learning some new skills and meeting so many great people.
Pros
gift certificates from management and meeting new people.
Cons
my contract was only 3 months... i wish it had been longer.
Overworked big time.
Procurement Specialist(Contract). (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2014
worst place I ever worked, the managers are bullies and they hate it if you do not brown nose to them all the time. They use people then throw them away if your manager does not like you.
The office politics and tittle tackle is terrible with the character assassination of good workers being done by the career nutcases.
Sorry but I would never work their again they treat people terrible, overload you with work then expect you to put 50 hour weeks in to clear it, if you don`t work over they fire you.
Sorry but I have a personal life as well as work.
Pros
money
Cons
terrible managers