Jacobs Employee Reviews

Intermediate Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 April 2016
There was a culture of caring in the workplace, wherein employers and employees built a personal relationship with safety, and to take responsibility for safety not only for their own selves but for others as well. Respect for people and environment was greatly emphasized and courage to demonstrate care.
Pros
Earned Day Offs
Cons
Long work hours
Great Company to work for job work/Life balance
DOCUMENT CONTROLLER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 April 2016
Love the work schedule. Having at least 1 friday off a month was great so you can get any appointments done or just time with the family.
Great co-worker, Grest team atmosphere.
The salary and benefits are good
Pros
Great work schedule
Cons
No parking or expensive Parking
Great Company / Struggles with Consistency
Systems Specialist - JPI Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2016
Jacobs is an Engineering company that grows through acquisition; this allows them to leverage their many different lines of business and their many employees (65,000+). Since they are so diverse they do sometimes struggle to maintain consistent work practises.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Lots of middle management
production and morale was great
Labourer/Bobcat Operator at Syncrude (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 April 2016
Hard work and cooperation from management team made working away from home good.

Worked with a good team which made going to work fun and production. Happy workers are good workers
Pros
nice room and good food
Cons
long periods away from home
Good place
Red Seal Steam and Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 March 2016
I have worked for this company two different times. The first time the super was not favorable. My foreman was good and the crew i worked with were great guys. The second time i worked for them it was a good experience. I had a great foreman and a great crew. Look forward to working with them again.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Not enough work
Excellent company
Office Services Clerk/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary25 January 2016
I loved working for Jacobs. All employees are friendly and helpful. My manager and supervisor were wonderful persons who always made sure that the staff feel like home. they became good friends to all of us and in the summer we went to their house for barbqs. My manager and supervisor many times covered my work so I can attend lunch meetings and voluntary work within the company. They encouraged me to learn as much as possible in office services and reception.
A Very Diverse Company
Sr. Project Manager - Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON & Edmonton, AB6 January 2016
Working at E.S. Fox required long days and a good workload. I have learned to Diversify myself and be able to deal with many situations.
Management is Good pending on the location - Executive Management is Excellent, great Co-workers.
Hardest part of the Job was the need to Travel at times to projects and being away from your Family.
Most enjoyable time was retreats and satisfaction for a Job well done.
Pros
Supportive Executive Management
Cons
Long Hours
Good people.
Senior Instrumentation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2016
Work/life balance was good, salary was competitive, job security not great and too much focus on work sharing with overseas offices.
Great place to work, Great staff and management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albert, MB12 April 2016
Great place to work, Great staff and management. Supports career and hard work. Large scale organisation. Fantastic people.
Pros
Great place to work, Great staff and management
Cons
Jacobs - decent company, great people
F.Q. Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 March 2016
A great place to work with lots of growth and learning opportunities. Salary is not that great but people are amazing. Management was great until they started losing lots of projects.
good and safe work place
scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 March 2016
i liked to work for jacobs they were a good compagnie ,ive learn alot from good journeyman,i loved hard work like scaffolding ,i liked challange,good safety but i want jobs with flight and camp
Pros
good money
Cons
last job no camp, no flight
Good work culture, friendly
Structural Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 February 2016
I had learnt a lot at this company. Everyone there was friendly and always ready to help. The manager is always available to sort out what ever problem you have (strictly professional).
Pros
free lunches, learning opportunities
Cons
salary
My recommendation
1) Senior Mechanical Engineer - Valve Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2016
It was a nice company to work with. Friendly atmosphere.
Project engineering work for various client.
Mechanical lead work was busy every day.
Learned about pumping station and terminal for the oil transporting client.
Great experience for me and a good way for me to learn about EPC
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2016
I was treated with respect, and was able to get help whenever I needed. The people I worked with were some of the smartest, and nicest people I've ever met. It was overall a fantastic experience for me.
I&C Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2016
Excellent co-workers and a good work culture. Standards are good focus on safety is a major item for Jacobs. Lots of work to be done in overhead management to remain competitive and tough economic environment.
Jacobs
Principal Control System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary14 October 2015
Overall, I am very happy at my stay with Jacobs. I have developed my career from Intermediate, senior, principal to lead position in the past 11 years. The fun part is dynamic, every project is unique and most of them have different process and different control system from previous. There are always something new to learn for every job. I love this part and it expands my knowledge and experience.
Also I enjoy the free access to the gym and flexible schedule.
Pros
Free gym access; flexible work schedule
it is tolerable
Scaffolder (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB9 November 2015
A tipical day at work for me , i sign on a safe work permit the i do a hazzard assessment for the task at hand.most of my co-workers are pleasent ,the hardest part of the job is the commute to work.the most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge of building scaffolding in akward places.
Pros
im home every night
Cons
im not paid for travel and the rate of pay is the lowest in canada.
very nice working environment
Senior Piping Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2015
Woking with different people is always a challenge at first , since you have to let them know you and for you to know them. Working attitude is very professional, working space was amazing the open concept with out those tall cubicles i loved it.

The friends that i made along the way, i'm gonna miss them.
Pros
location downtown is awesome
Cons
long commute
Jacobs was a fun and engaging place to work.
Instrument & Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2016
Jacobs was a fun and engaging place to work. It offered career advancement opportunities and also many different work challenges to help people learn and grow.
Good people to work with
Lead Civil/Structural/Architectural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2015
People here are very friendly and helpful. Lots to learn from people who are more than willing to share their experiences.
Pros
Good working atmosphere, very high attention to safety
Cons
Hit by low oil prices since it works almost exclusively for oil industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.