Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
poorly run organization
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: half days on fridays
Cons: no room for growth
I don't know if it's just my branch or the organization at large, but the management across the board is lacking in a multitude of areas. There is a lack of vision, little to no advancement opportunities, little to no on the job training, the corporate culture is one of scarcity and lack whereby people scramble to keep their jobs by doing the minimal – more... amount of work, yet the corporation maintains that they are cultivating a "Culture of Caring" which is complete nonsense given their actions toward their employees. Truly the only way to get ahead in this company is to interview elsewhere, period!!! – less
Productive and fun workplace with a pingpong table
CAD Designer (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch & learns and good team work
Cons: healthcare and lack of structure
A typical day at work was project related deadlines.
I learned about design concept on commercial & Residential projects.
Upper Management & management was lacking structure in Land Development.
Had a good team/co-workers
the hardest part of the job was finding good management on projects.
The most enjoyable part of the job was designing something and – more... seeing it through to the construction stage – less
Demanding environment to work within.
Enforcement Agent (Current Employee), Barrow-In-Furness, ENGOctober 13, 2014
Pros: comapny car.
Cons: travelling out of area too much.
Planning, organising and prioritising your own workload according to client demand. Difficult due to government legislation changes.
Laid back environment to work
Project Buyer/Expediter (Current Employee), Houston, TexasOctober 13, 2014
Ive been with Jacobs now for over 6 years and I really enjoy the laid back environment. I especially enjoy the 4/10 schedule where I have a three day weekend every week. Cant beat that! The only downfall at Jacobs, would be the non-structure of projects and the cheapness of the company as a whole. Other than that, Jacobs is an excellent place to work.
Jacobs
Branch Security Controller/Document Control (Current Employee), Wokingham, ENGOctober 12, 2014
I started at Jacobs at the beginning of the year and although I worked in a high-security office, the other members of the team were very accommodating.
I didn't really have a typical day at work because of the role I had.
Excellent working environment
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 1, 2014
Pros: training opportunities, working environment, coworkers, management
Cons: only six paid holidays and little vacation.
Jacobs company culture is laid back but hard working. They value their employees. They have a constant stream of work which is not always the case in this industry.
Great Company and People
Procurement Administrator/Support Specialist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great boss/coworkers/subs and vendors
Cons: short term only
I truly enjoyed all the people here. They are truly conscientious to employees safety and needs and intelligent in their jobs.

I only wish they kept me working in their company!
Overall was a great experience
Cost Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Overall good project management and department management
Large company with a lot of room for advancement
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2014
Jacobs is one of the largest engineering firms in the world, it is a good company with a culture of caring for it's employees.
Great Office with Wonderful Staff
Manager of Administrative Support (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLSeptember 24, 2014
The Jacobs Lakeland office offered engineering, procurement, and construction services for most of my career. However, in May 2014 they restructured the office to only offer front-end engineering services, thereby eliminating the procurement/document control department in which I worked.

The hardest part of working at Jacobs was dealing with the fluctuating – more... workloads resulting in frequent layoffs. – less
Enjoyable, fast-paced work environment
Assistant/Messenger (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2014
On a regular basis I would normally be doing the following: cleaning, filing, running errands, answering phone calls, etc. I learned how to communicate better in a legal aspect. My co - workers are great. For this position, I also had to learn the legal system quick., I need to know what attorneys and judges were asking. The hardest part of the job – more... is being patient with other employees in the courts. Everything is very fast -paced so I have to move quick too. However, this is a great job because I learned my way around downtown Chicago. I have learned to speak up more, and I also learned to be more confident in myself and how to be patient with myself and others. – less
Team work environment
Pipefitter (Former Employee), St. Croix, USVISeptember 18, 2014
Pros: hot work environment
Cons: dangerous working environment
I like working as a team member and meeting production schedule.
Good working environment
PROCESS ENGINEER (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Wonderful company
PROJECT COST MANAGER (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: opportunity to learn and make an improvement to the client
Cons: didnt last long enough
Loved working for Jacobs. The opportunities and support of upper management to the project team was always visable and evident.
great place to learn
Apprentice electrician (Former Employee), Freeport, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Running cable tray was what we were doing on this job and a little bit of cable pulling. management was great i got along well with my coworkers and we got stuff done.
Field - Crude Expansion Project
Document Control Technician (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXAugust 28, 2014
Pros: very laid back.
Cons: very laid back.
Busy, busy, busy, and the days flew by. I made several great friends. Learned lots and lots. I really enjoyed working on this project.
Antiquated
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), EdisonAugust 24, 2014
Pros: nice work environment
Cons: antiquated
Worked in Edison office. Nice people technology is very antiquated alot of copy and paste. No advancement
Lots of Opportunities
Document Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2014
Lots of Opportunities with Jacobs Overall, Great people, Extremely helpful co-workers.
Nice place and nice people.
Account Administrator (Former Employee), houston,txAugust 20, 2014
Pros: nice enviroments
Cons: na
a lot of fun in the office.
a typical day is coffee, then talk and then start to work.
more intersted in liability than its people
Lead tower Tech (Current Employee), Madison, TNAugust 16, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: not interested in families, skilled people and proper rope management
this industry has allot of people who have seriously broken families and life styles, It requires allot of travel and lots of time away from family. Jacobs Seems to only care about the bottom line and liability. There is no desire to better their tower techs with proper rope management training and how to tie correct knots.

About Jacobs

Jacobs Engineering fuels its rise up the ladder with oil, gas, and chemicals. The group provides technical, professional,¬†and – Read more