Jacobs Employee Reviews

weak job culture and management
Pipeline drafter (Former Employee) –  Querry park1 May 2015
I enjoyed working with my supervisor and co-workers but all of us did`nt have job security. Project management was good but upper Managers don’t recognize their employee’s hardwork. Not the most promising company to work for. Once project is done, they’ll lay you off as quick as possible. No advancement either, and training was very poor.
Cons
they held alot of meeting during launch time and all of us did not have time to take break
Nepotism to the extreme
maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  IRVING OIL REFINERY SAINT JOHN N.B.20 May 2013
Worked im maintenance for a client.Executing work orders.Learned that their philosophy is if you want to get ahead you have to bring out the knives.Favouritism was the order of the day.Management on the site are a bunch of paranoid control freaks who encourage finking and demand blind loyalty.If oyu get injured they treat you like a criminal.They peddle their culture of caring,then break WNB rules regarding incident reporting.Co-workers were ok.Hardest part of job was watching the atmosphere change from let's go to work to "watch your back".Most enjoyable part of the job was the physical job itself.
Pros
payday
Cons
every other day
good and safe work place
scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 March 2016
i liked to work for jacobs they were a good compagnie ,ive learn alot from good journeyman,i loved hard work like scaffolding ,i liked challange,good safety but i want jobs with flight and camp
Pros
good money
Cons
last job no camp, no flight
Big Name - Small Culture
Project Controls (Former Employee) –  Querry Park, Calgary, AB20 December 2013
Worst company to work for. The Management has no skills. They work less and do politics more. Totally Hippocratic.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No career growth...worst company to work for...
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 November 2015
JFSL in my word is one of the best companies i've ever worked for in my life ,the people are what makes this company what it is . the environment and atmosphere is one the most positive places I've ever worked in and would gladly go back and work them.
Pros
Awsome camp
Cons
Excellent wages and friendly environment
JR. DOCUMENT CONTROL (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 May 2012
A typical day at work would consist of document control and data entry, filing and records management.
I learned about engineering drawings and how to quality check.
Friendly environment and fun to work with fellow employees.
The hardest part of the job was the overtime. They required too much overtime to get the job done on time.

The most enjoyable part was the variety of work to be done and always busy.
Pros
benefits and wages
Cons
too much overtime
Great experience for me and a good way for me to learn about EPC
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2016
I was treated with respect, and was able to get help whenever I needed. The people I worked with were some of the smartest, and nicest people I've ever met. It was overall a fantastic experience for me.
Think first, before applying to this company
timekeeper (Former Employee) –  alberta1 February 2013
I’m so glad I’m not working for Jacobs anymore. I’ve worked for 2-straight weeks as a clerk and management never appreciated or cared about it. Managers don’t recognize their employee’s hardwork. Discrimination and Racism is definitely practiced among upper/senior management. Not the most promising company to work for. Once project is done, they’ll lay you off as quick as possible. No advancement either, and training was very poor.
Cons
lots of ot, no life at all
My recommendation
1) Senior Mechanical Engineer - Valve Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2016
It was a nice company to work with. Friendly atmosphere.
Project engineering work for various client.
Mechanical lead work was busy every day.
Learned about pumping station and terminal for the oil transporting client.
It used to be a good place to work.
Piping Designer / Checker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta17 June 2015
I consider myself lucky. I was one of the few designers that was actually doing detailed engineering, as most of the design work was being sent out to the Mumbai office.

I was also fortunate to be working with good people...all very professional and all with good humor.

The hardest part of my job was making the process area totally functional, accessible and safe for operations

The most enjoyable part was after model reviews, when people would tell me I did a good design
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
As soon as I was non-billable, I was terminated
Very friendly job enviornment
Procurement Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary3 October 2015
Lots of learning opportunity
Giving opportunity to work
Listening your ideas for productive work
co-workers are very cooperative
staff management is excellent
very friendly environment
Summary Jacobs
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2015
Hardest part: dealing with multiple projects and politics in almost each of the projects i had to deal with.

Learned: devised macros for the specific tasks - automation which made the pverall work more efficient.
My background & skills can be utilized & developed & to show my knowledge & experiences.
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta Canada24 September 2015
The culture of the people and environment makes it great place work for me.I have worked successfully completed several projects from the start to completion.
Long time employee
Process Design and Drafting (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2016
Work at Cosyn for a total of 12 years. Gained many years of experience in the oil and gas industry working on projects small to large for Syncrude.
BEWARE Document Controllers
Lead Document Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2013
Co-workers where great to work around. Learned allot about slow Live Link. The Management just stinks in this department, very rude, and always looking over your shoulder, snarky, actually feels like your always on egg shells so BEWARE of this stressful environment.
Pros
money was good, benefits are good
Cons
nobody should have to work like this
Good company to work for.
Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2016
SSPA is a very good communication company to work there. Their staff is very kind and friendly. I like the location of the company.
I like to work with Jacobs.
Sr. piping designer/checker (Current Employee) –  Calgary20 August 2014
I like to work with Jacobs.

Jacobs has good working environment, good management, good training system, provided good chance to learn and improve on your career. The co-workers is helpful when you need. easy to communicate. I really like the working environment at Jacobs.
Good work environment
Structural Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2015
Jacobs is good company to work.

Management and poeple are really friendly and easy to work with.

Jacobs has a good talent and database to learn from.
Pros
Good People & Management
Cons
Average Salary
Good atmosphere and positive work environment
Accounts payable (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 August 2014
I worked primarily in accounts payable and learned quite a bit as it was my first time working in this type of position. I also assisted procurement and document controls with filing and data entry and archiving documents upon project completion. My coworkers were easy to work with and answered any questions I had to the best of their abilities. The hardest part of my job was getting used to starting so early in the morning, but once I got on to a schedule, it became second nature and I enjoyed working early in the morning. The best part of my job was learning some new skills and meeting so many great people.
Pros
Gift certificates from management and meeting new people.
Cons
My contract was only 3 months... I wish it had been longer.
x
Journeyman Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Alberta6 February 2016
Très belle expérience et très agréable. Apprendre à travailler en équipe .