Jacobs Employee Reviews in Canada

BEWARE Document Controllers
Lead Document Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 18, 2013
Co-workers where great to work around. Learned allot about slow Live Link. The Management just stinks in this department, very rude, and always looking over your shoulder, snarky, actually feels like your always on egg shells so BEWARE of this stressful environment.
Pros
money was good, benefits are good
Cons
nobody should have to work like this
Good people to work with
Lead Civil/Structural/Architectural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2015
People here are very friendly and helpful. Lots to learn from people who are more than willing to share their experiences.
Pros
Good working atmosphere, very high attention to safety
Cons
Hit by low oil prices since it works almost exclusively for oil industry.
Very friendly job enviornment
Procurement Administrator (Former Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 3, 2015
Lots of learning opportunity
Giving opportunity to work
Listening your ideas for productive work
co-workers are very cooperative
staff management is excellent
very friendly environment
very nice working environment
Senior Piping Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 7, 2015
Woking with different people is always a challenge at first , since you have to let them know you and for you to know them. Working attitude is very professional, working space was amazing the open concept with out those tall cubicles i loved it.

The friends that i made along the way, i'm gonna miss them.
Pros
location downtown is awesome
Cons
long commute
Summary Jacobs
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 13, 2015
Hardest part: dealing with multiple projects and politics in almost each of the projects i had to deal with.

Learned: devised macros for the specific tasks - automation which made the pverall work more efficient.
love my job
journeyman scaffolder (Former Employee) –  albertaOctober 8, 2015
The positive thing to do stay focus be safe safety is the key aspect in life look out for oneself and our coworkers. I work fo I work for them a few time over the past 10 year o on shutdowns smal small contracts they are very family I take my hat of t to Jacobs I feel very proud looking fo I feel very proud working for a company
weak job culture and management
Pipeline drafter (Former Employee) –  Querry parkMay 1, 2015
I enjoyed working with my supervisor and co-workers but all of us did`nt have job security. Project management was good but upper Managers don’t recognize their employee’s hardwork. Not the most promising company to work for. Once project is done, they’ll lay you off as quick as possible. No advancement either, and training was very poor.
Cons
they held alot of meeting during launch time and all of us did not have time to take break
Big Name - Small Culture
Project Controls (Former Employee) –  Querry Park, Calgary, ABDecember 20, 2013
Worst company to work for. The Management has no skills. They work less and do politics more. Totally Hippocratic.
Pros
salary
Cons
no career growth...worst company to work for...
JACOBS CANADA INC.
Lead Electrical and Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2012
Great company to work on contract with. Good wages and benefits.
Good management and good payments on time.
Pros
great company and good wages
Non respect des individus
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Scotford, ABSeptember 24, 2015
Manque de respect envers les employés,
aucune concidération envers leurs évolutions
employés égale un numéro que l'on remplace...
Great benefits and good people to work with
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 29, 2015
Great company to work for, they walk the walk and talk the talk. Best part is that we work a 9 hour day, bank 1 hour per day and get every second Friday off. Overtime is not a requirement this provides a comfortable work life balance. The companies "beyond Zero" safety policy is something that shows the company cares about its employees.
Pros
Work life balance.
Cons
Current work front is poor.
Overworked big time.
Procurement Specialist(Contract). (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2014
worst place I ever worked, the managers are bullies and they hate it if you do not brown nose to them all the time. They use people then throw them away if your manager does not like you.
The office politics and tittle tackle is terrible with the character assassination of good workers being done by the career nutcases.
Sorry but I would never work their again they treat people terrible, overload you with work then expect you to put 50 hour weeks in to clear it, if you don`t work over they fire you.
Sorry but I have a personal life as well as work.
Pros
money
Cons
terrible managers
Perfect company
Sr. Material management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 17, 2015
I really like to work at Jacobs Canada.
I love work atmosphere and relationship between people work there.
most enjoyable part of my job is dynamic work as we are a connection between designers, engineers, management, suppliers and site contractors.
Culture of caring
Mechanical Engineer, EIT (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 17, 2015
Jacobs constantly emphasizes its culture of caring which is evident everyday you go to work. Working with people who genuinely care about your well being motivates you to excel.
Intermediate Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 26, 2015
Over the years my perspective on this has changed as my job changed within the organization. All in all a good place to work, people are treated fair if they work, if they are lazy... well... they aren't.

I found the overall business outlook was shortsighted from time to time, but in the end there was reasoning behind many of the decisions that seem this way at the onset.

There were a number of good things that came out of this, along side a host of knowledge, and these include things from earned days off to project lunches and team building events.
Jacobs
Senior Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 2, 2015
Great company. Being a part of Jacobs was one of the highlights of my career. I would recommend Jacobs to anyone looking for a career.
Nepotism to the extreme
maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  IRVING OIL REFINERY SAINT JOHN N.B.May 20, 2013
Worked im maintenance for a client.Executing work orders.Learned that their philosophy is if you want to get ahead you have to bring out the knives.Favouritism was the order of the day.Management on the site are a bunch of paranoid control freaks who encourage finking and demand blind loyalty.If oyu get injured they treat you like a criminal.They peddle their culture of caring,then break WNB rules regarding incident reporting.Co-workers were ok.Hardest part of job was watching the atmosphere change from let's go to work to "watch your back".Most enjoyable part of the job was the physical job itself.
Pros
payday
Cons
every other day
Think first, before applying to this company
timekeeper (Former Employee) –  albertaFebruary 1, 2013
I’m so glad I’m not working for Jacobs anymore. I’ve worked for 2-straight weeks as a clerk and management never appreciated or cared about it. Managers don’t recognize their employee’s hardwork. Discrimination and Racism is definitely practiced among upper/senior management. Not the most promising company to work for. Once project is done, they’ll lay you off as quick as possible. No advancement either, and training was very poor.
Cons
lots of ot, no life at all
Good atmosphere and positive work environment
Accounts payable (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 5, 2014
I worked primarily in accounts payable and learned quite a bit as it was my first time working in this type of position. I also assisted procurement and document controls with filing and data entry and archiving documents upon project completion. My coworkers were easy to work with and answered any questions I had to the best of their abilities. The hardest part of my job was getting used to starting so early in the morning, but once I got on to a schedule, it became second nature and I enjoyed working early in the morning. The best part of my job was learning some new skills and meeting so many great people.
Pros
gift certificates from management and meeting new people.
Cons
my contract was only 3 months... i wish it had been longer.
Great spot to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 10, 2015
Great work life balance, supportive and accommodating. Something must be right if they're the latest Maintenance Contractor in the world...