Jacobs Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Lots of learning
Int. Project Control Specialist (Current Employee), calgaryApril 25, 2015
I worked almost three years at this company and my time there was filled with joy and intense learning. I learned most aspects of engineering business as well as about my department specific. I would highly recommend people working with companies like Jacobs.
Great spot to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 10, 2015
Great work life balance, supportive and accommodating. Something must be right if they're the latest Maintenance Contractor in the world...
Great benefits and good people to work with
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Work life balance.
Cons: Current work front is poor.
Great company to work for, they walk the walk and talk the talk. Best part is that we work a 9 hour day, bank 1 hour per day and get every second Friday off. Overtime is not a requirement this provides a comfortable work life balance. The companies "beyond Zero" safety policy is something that shows the company cares about its employees.
great team envirorment
General foreman (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 27, 2015
great team environment. it was great to be involved in this team. the safety culture was amazing. the electrical department was built to preform. all who were involved had a common goals of safety quality and finally production.
Management skill was great.
Senior / Principal Process Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary ABMarch 24, 2015
As one of largest design engineering firm in the world, I learned the skill of project management. Jacobs gave a great chance for me to perform my best.
Great people and oppertunities
Scaffolding & Indirect Trades Superintendent (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 22, 2015
Working closely with clients on day to day activities in all aspects of the trade groups. Organizing work and keeping employee personal safety above all else. Showing a caring culture to new employees and making everyone feel like part of the team.
an overview and planning of a days work
Forman (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 9, 2015
helping assist other trades moving in moving and placing material for their workday ,good radio communications with co-workers and management makes for a safe productive work day.
And everyone goes home safe at the end of the day
Good work environment
Structural Engineering Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2015
Pros: good people & management
Cons: average salary
Jacobs is good company to work.

Management and poeple are really friendly and easy to work with.

Jacobs has a good talent and database to learn from.
Tasks and Projects
Server Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2015
Pros: good enviroment
Server monitoring of all main servers in Canada - check for issues
Tackle the tickets in the service queue for Server Operations
Create project folder security based on location and disciplines
Build servers in VMware for 2008 for 2003 migration
Check data centre for server, UPS, and network alerts
Always busy
An excellent place to work at
Technical Design Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Jacobs is a very professional company and a place where one has the liberty to express oneself and gives freedom to work. One learns a lot from others and has a perfect atmosphere to work as a team member.
Pay and fellow workers were good. Management C-.
Estimator IV (Former Employee), Cypress, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: safety classes, free lunch during some holidays.
Cons: bellow par department management lesast 3 years..
Department manager was an expert at Kbase but did not pass on his knowledge to those who worked for him. The company management talked about ethics but I feel they were not ethical with there employees. The pay was good and the people I worked with were fun to work with.
not bad
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 6, 2015
i was called based on the recommendation of a friend for an interview. Was interviewed seperatelly by two. The first one asked, to my opinion, too many private question and the second one was very professional and confident. I did not like that Jacobs is not taking responsibility for their people in bad time with an attitude " we are not the shelter". I believe for a good company and stable society , it it important to keep good people coz they supported the company in good times, but in bad times, they are not good enough.
had bad experience
Labour Worker (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABFebruary 5, 2015
Was sexually harassed in an isolated area on an isolated job. I notified my foreman asap. nothing happened, so I complained. Got transferred, and then got laid off. So I am not happy with this company. Cause working for them and getting sexually harassed can make you loose your job. makes no sense right. horrible experience.
productive, respective
Procurement Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 5, 2015
love the people I work with. Unfortunately project has been deferred, all of us have to go and look for new job.

love the flexible work schedules
SERP Project
Project Scheduler and Cost Control (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: uncertainy of the business
Cons: good team building
it was some of the best times of my career. I worked with some good people there. We built a good team
This as well as the following reviews will be similar as I worked in different capacities at the same site.
Enjoyable and continually busy with helping to ensure Safety culture
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray AlbertaJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: fast paced
Cons: transient workforce
Time spent while working for Jacobs was enriching and if they had not lost their contract I would still be working for them.
N/A
Piping and pipeline drafter (Current Employee), Calgary ABJanuary 6, 2015
I leaned a big deal in this company regarding pipeline and piping. I am doing alignment sheet using civil 3d. I am happy working in this company, however our project almost done
Good working environment
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 28, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: work pressures
The company takes time to train its employees. Office facilities are excellent. The supervisors and co-workers are great to work with
An OK place to work
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 23, 2014
- Good pay
- Lots of overtime
- Good project to work on
- Avg. management
I like to work with Jacobs.
Sr. piping designer/checker (Current Employee), CalgaryAugust 20, 2014
I like to work with Jacobs.

Jacobs has good working environment, good management, good training system, provided good chance to learn and improve on your career. The co-workers is helpful when you need. easy to communicate. I really like the working environment at Jacobs.
Headquarters