Jacobs Employee Reviews in Canada

Very friendly job enviornment
Procurement Administrator (Former Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 3, 2015
Lots of learning opportunity
Giving opportunity to work
Listening your ideas for productive work
co-workers are very cooperative
staff management is excellent
very friendly environment
weak job culture and management
Pipeline drafter (Former Employee) –  Querry parkMay 1, 2015
I enjoyed working with my supervisor and co-workers but all of us did`nt have job security. Project management was good but upper Managers don’t recognize their employee’s hardwork. Not the most promising company to work for. Once project is done, they’ll lay you off as quick as possible. No advancement either, and training was very poor.
Cons
they held alot of meeting during launch time and all of us did not have time to take break
Great place to work, Great staff and management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albert, MBApril 12, 2016
Great place to work, Great staff and management. Supports career and hard work. Large scale organisation. Fantastic people.
Pros
Great place to work, Great staff and management
Summary Jacobs
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 13, 2015
Hardest part: dealing with multiple projects and politics in almost each of the projects i had to deal with.

Learned: devised macros for the specific tasks - automation which made the pverall work more efficient.
good and safe work place
scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 9, 2016
i liked to work for jacobs they were a good compagnie ,ive learn alot from good journeyman,i loved hard work like scaffolding ,i liked challange,good safety but i want jobs with flight and camp
Pros
good money
Cons
last job no camp, no flight
Great experience for me and a good way for me to learn about EPC
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2016
I was treated with respect, and was able to get help whenever I needed. The people I worked with were some of the smartest, and nicest people I've ever met. It was overall a fantastic experience for me.
My recommendation
1) Senior Mechanical Engineer - Valve Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2016
It was a nice company to work with. Friendly atmosphere.
Project engineering work for various client.
Mechanical lead work was busy every day.
Learned about pumping station and terminal for the oil transporting client.
Long time employee
Process Design and Drafting (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Work at Cosyn for a total of 12 years. Gained many years of experience in the oil and gas industry working on projects small to large for Syncrude.
It used to be a good place to work.
Piping Designer / Checker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaJune 17, 2015
I consider myself lucky. I was one of the few designers that was actually doing detailed engineering, as most of the design work was being sent out to the Mumbai office.

I was also fortunate to be working with good people...all very professional and all with good humor.

The hardest part of my job was making the process area totally functional, accessible and safe for operations

The most enjoyable part was after model reviews, when people would tell me I did a good design
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
As soon as I was non-billable, I was terminated
Good company to work for.
Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
SSPA is a very good communication company to work there. Their staff is very kind and friendly. I like the location of the company.
it is tolerable
Scaffolder (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBNovember 9, 2015
A tipical day at work for me , i sign on a safe work permit the i do a hazzard assessment for the task at hand.most of my co-workers are pleasent ,the hardest part of the job is the commute to work.the most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge of building scaffolding in akward places.
Pros
im home every night
Cons
im not paid for travel and the rate of pay is the lowest in canada.
Productive and fun place to work
Supply Chain Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 29, 2015
Typical 40-45 hour weeks with OT depending on project requirements. Good gym in the building. Cube environment was one of the nicer ones I have seen.
Good people to work with
Lead Civil/Structural/Architectural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2015
People here are very friendly and helpful. Lots to learn from people who are more than willing to share their experiences.
Pros
Good working atmosphere, very high attention to safety
Cons
Hit by low oil prices since it works almost exclusively for oil industry.
very nice working environment
Senior Piping Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 7, 2015
Woking with different people is always a challenge at first , since you have to let them know you and for you to know them. Working attitude is very professional, working space was amazing the open concept with out those tall cubicles i loved it.

The friends that i made along the way, i'm gonna miss them.
Pros
location downtown is awesome
Cons
long commute
Productive and innovative work place.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABJuly 17, 2012
I enjoyed that no day was ever the same, there was never a dull day and there was always something to keep me busy.
Having different job assignments allowed for me to learn a diversity of new skills as well as making me more confident in my abilities.
I appreciated being able to work with a variety of people with different skill backgrounds which fostered a learning environment as well as team camaraderie. Being that it was a composite work crew, the varying trades working under one foreman were able to start a task and see it to completion.
It was helpful that the management that I had were proactive in helping us complete a task successfully.
The hardest part of the job was working with certain people that weren't willing to put in that honest effort. It was tough to find motivation on those days.
Being able to put my creative abilities into a project and being able to see the results would be the most enjoyable part of this job, or any job.
Pros
good wages and benefits
Cons
travel time and long hours
Fun and easy to comprehend
Welding Apprentice for Shell Scotford Turnaround (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 16, 2015
Working with highly experienced journey persons was a great way for me to learn the job in the safest way possible. just regular maintenance work of which the hardest part was carrying heavy tools to heights.
Pros
good hours and good benefits
Cons
1.25hr drive to work
love my job
journeyman scaffolder (Former Employee) –  albertaOctober 8, 2015
The positive thing to do stay focus be safe safety is the key aspect in life look out for oneself and our coworkers. I work fo I work for them a few time over the past 10 year o on shutdowns smal small contracts they are very family I take my hat of t to Jacobs I feel very proud looking fo I feel very proud working for a company
Culture of caring
Mechanical Engineer, EIT (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 17, 2015
Jacobs constantly emphasizes its culture of caring which is evident everyday you go to work. Working with people who genuinely care about your well being motivates you to excel.
Overworked big time.
Procurement Specialist(Contract). (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2014
worst place I ever worked, the managers are bullies and they hate it if you do not brown nose to them all the time. They use people then throw them away if your manager does not like you.
The office politics and tittle tackle is terrible with the character assassination of good workers being done by the career nutcases.
Sorry but I would never work their again they treat people terrible, overload you with work then expect you to put 50 hour weeks in to clear it, if you don`t work over they fire you.
Sorry but I have a personal life as well as work.
Pros
money
Cons
terrible managers
Perfect company
Sr. Material management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 17, 2015
I really like to work at Jacobs Canada.
I love work atmosphere and relationship between people work there.
most enjoyable part of my job is dynamic work as we are a connection between designers, engineers, management, suppliers and site contractors.