Jacobs Employee Reviews

Good work culture, friendly
Structural Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 February 2016
I had learnt a lot at this company. Everyone there was friendly and always ready to help. The manager is always available to sort out what ever problem you have (strictly professional).
Pros
free lunches, learning opportunities
Cons
salary
Very Good Safety, Quality and Delivery Oriented Company
Project Controls Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2015
It’s a FORTUNE 500 Company with excellence in Project Management, Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Maintenance (EPC & M). Jacobs Engineering is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services. With annual revenues of nearly $12 billion, it’s a US company based with global network includes more than 160 offices in more than 20 countries. Which have operations in North America, the United Kingdom, mainland Europe, Australia, and Asia. (Headquarters are in Pasadena, California, America)
Pros
Salary, Safe Work Culture
Cons
Job Security
Fun and dynamic place to work.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2016
Majority of the work is project oriented with tight deadliness and strict budgets. Lots of noon hour learning sessions given on industry concepts (for example: heavy oil production). The concept of relationship based contracts takes away the antagonistic attitudes of clients so they are genuinely fun to work with.
Pros
Good project leadership. Lots of parking at Quarry Park location.
Cons
None come to mind
Good
Principal Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2016
Co-workers are friendly, I learned a lot in this company. Management is effective. There are all knids of social clubs inside the company such as Jacobs future, toast masters which is attractive for the young people
Good Place to work
Structural Design Specialist (Current Employee) –  calgary30 December 2016
This is a good company to work but currently there is no work and a lots of layoffs are happening.
There are a lot of good, skilled people with a lot of experience.
I&C Engineering department
Control Systems Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2017
It goes well when there are enough project work. As you get assigned to projects and billed to clients, always stressful when moving between projects.
project accounting contract
Contractor, Project Accounting (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2016
High volume spreadsheet processing and analysis. high volume filing and other duties by managers. mostly worked on auditing files, year end preparation
Pros
nice environment
It was a very pleasant work place.
1st Year Scaffloder (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB16 December 2016
I enjoyed my duration with jacobs and believe they are a good employer to work for. They are unpunctual and they explain what you need to do very clear.
High quality deliverables
Mechanical Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2016
In Jacobs, the engineering deliverables to client is well maintained high.
Engineers are working hard to meet client's requirements.
Na
Senior Piping Designer & checker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2016
This is leading Engineering procurement and construction company in areas of oil and gas. Company has presence in multiple countries and has clients like CNRL, SUNCOR, Saudi ARMCO.
Productive and innovative work place.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB17 July 2012
I enjoyed that no day was ever the same, there was never a dull day and there was always something to keep me busy.
Having different job assignments allowed for me to learn a diversity of new skills as well as making me more confident in my abilities.
I appreciated being able to work with a variety of people with different skill backgrounds which fostered a learning environment as well as team camaraderie. Being that it was a composite work crew, the varying trades working under one foreman were able to start a task and see it to completion.
It was helpful that the management that I had were proactive in helping us complete a task successfully.
The hardest part of the job was working with certain people that weren't willing to put in that honest effort. It was tough to find motivation on those days.
Being able to put my creative abilities into a project and being able to see the results would be the most enjoyable part of this job, or any job.
Pros
good wages and benefits
Cons
travel time and long hours
Multitask
Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 October 2016
Good place to work. You must be multitask, ability to switch work very quickly. Nice environment. Learning new standards, possibility to interact with other companies.
Productive,Enjoyable and Safe Workplace
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2016
Very Good and Healthy and Safe workplace with plenty of opportunity to Grew.

Very good potential to learn and develop technical and managerial skills
Work share culture is good to handle with other Jacobs offices.
Pros
Good Social Events
Cons
Clumsy Management
Great place to work, enjoy the sense of comradery
Project Procurement Lead/ Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 June 2016
My time at Jacobs has been fulfilling, they have helped paved my path to where I am today. Jacobs has given me the tools to effectively complete my job and management is always available when needed.
Smaller group inside of a bigger group
Manager of Close Out / Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 June 2016
Still very much a boys club.. A day at work is very stressful knowing if you are going to get laid off or not. Hardest part of the day was working with people that should not be there because being there is when senior management wont deal with HR issues properly.
It used to be a good place to work.
Piping Designer / Checker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta17 June 2015
I consider myself lucky. I was one of the few designers that was actually doing detailed engineering, as most of the design work was being sent out to the Mumbai office.

I was also fortunate to be working with good people...all very professional and all with good humor.

The hardest part of my job was making the process area totally functional, accessible and safe for operations

The most enjoyable part was after model reviews, when people would tell me I did a good design
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
As soon as I was non-billable, I was terminated
good job
Civil General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB9 August 2016
good place to work excellent safety culture great people excellent cooperation between trades lots of safety incentives able to advance if so minded
Productive and Pro-active
Senior Piping Designer/Checker (Former Employee) –  Ecmonton Alberta20 August 2016
Willing to work in field or site. Able to work under pressure, very flexible, can meet the given schedule on timely manner and provide assistance to juniors and intermediate piping designers.
Pros
Workoholic
great place to work
Loader/skid steer operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 September 2016
really great place to work managment and supervision were really easy to talk to. the crew was easy to get along with and the equipment was in great condition.
good
Lead Piping Design (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 July 2016
Its good company to work with very good employee and management also good to learn shop fab environment. All senior are very friendly also ready to explain any technical question or concern also team work environment.