Jacobs Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for job work/Life balance
DOCUMENT CONTROLLER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 21, 2016
Love the work schedule. Having at least 1 friday off a month was great so you can get any appointments done or just time with the family.
Great co-worker, Grest team atmosphere.
The salary and benefits are good
Pros
Great work schedule
Cons
No parking or expensive Parking
production and morale was great
Labourer/Bobcat Operator at Syncrude (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 13, 2016
Hard work and cooperation from management team made working away from home good.

Worked with a good team which made going to work fun and production. Happy workers are good workers
Pros
nice room and good food
Cons
long periods away from home
Good people.
Senior Instrumentation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 24, 2016
Work/life balance was good, salary was competitive, job security not great and too much focus on work sharing with overseas offices.
Jacobs
Principal Control System Engineer (Current Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 14, 2015
Overall, I am very happy at my stay with Jacobs. I have developed my career from Intermediate, senior, principal to lead position in the past 11 years. The fun part is dynamic, every project is unique and most of them have different process and different control system from previous. There are always something new to learn for every job. I love this part and it expands my knowledge and experience.
Also I enjoy the free access to the gym and flexible schedule.
Pros
Free gym access; flexible work schedule
Senior Control Systems Designer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 17, 2015
Jacobs Canada is a good place to work. Company observes work-life balance and makes sure every opinion is heard. The salary is also competitive and offers continuous learning.
Excellent company
Office Services Clerk/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJanuary 25, 2016
I loved working for Jacobs. All employees are friendly and helpful. My manager and supervisor were wonderful persons who always made sure that the staff feel like home. they became good friends to all of us and in the summer we went to their house for barbqs. My manager and supervisor many times covered my work so I can attend lunch meetings and voluntary work within the company. They encouraged me to learn as much as possible in office services and reception.
Good place
Red Seal Steam and Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 1, 2016
I have worked for this company two different times. The first time the super was not favorable. My foreman was good and the crew i worked with were great guys. The second time i worked for them it was a good experience. I had a great foreman and a great crew. Look forward to working with them again.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Not enough work
Great place to work, Great staff and management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albert, MBApril 12, 2016
Great place to work, Great staff and management. Supports career and hard work. Large scale organisation. Fantastic people.
Pros
Great place to work, Great staff and management
Cons
Productive and innovative work place.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABJuly 17, 2012
I enjoyed that no day was ever the same, there was never a dull day and there was always something to keep me busy.
Having different job assignments allowed for me to learn a diversity of new skills as well as making me more confident in my abilities.
I appreciated being able to work with a variety of people with different skill backgrounds which fostered a learning environment as well as team camaraderie. Being that it was a composite work crew, the varying trades working under one foreman were able to start a task and see it to completion.
It was helpful that the management that I had were proactive in helping us complete a task successfully.
The hardest part of the job was working with certain people that weren't willing to put in that honest effort. It was tough to find motivation on those days.
Being able to put my creative abilities into a project and being able to see the results would be the most enjoyable part of this job, or any job.
Pros
good wages and benefits
Cons
travel time and long hours
good and safe work place
scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 9, 2016
i liked to work for jacobs they were a good compagnie ,ive learn alot from good journeyman,i loved hard work like scaffolding ,i liked challange,good safety but i want jobs with flight and camp
Pros
good money
Cons
last job no camp, no flight
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 2, 2015
JFSL in my word is one of the best companies i've ever worked for in my life ,the people are what makes this company what it is . the environment and atmosphere is one the most positive places I've ever worked in and would gladly go back and work them.
Pros
Awsome camp
Cons
weak job culture and management
Pipeline drafter (Former Employee) –  Querry parkMay 1, 2015
I enjoyed working with my supervisor and co-workers but all of us did`nt have job security. Project management was good but upper Managers don’t recognize their employee’s hardwork. Not the most promising company to work for. Once project is done, they’ll lay you off as quick as possible. No advancement either, and training was very poor.
Cons
they held alot of meeting during launch time and all of us did not have time to take break
Great experience for me and a good way for me to learn about EPC
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2016
I was treated with respect, and was able to get help whenever I needed. The people I worked with were some of the smartest, and nicest people I've ever met. It was overall a fantastic experience for me.
My recommendation
1) Senior Mechanical Engineer - Valve Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2016
It was a nice company to work with. Friendly atmosphere.
Project engineering work for various client.
Mechanical lead work was busy every day.
Learned about pumping station and terminal for the oil transporting client.
Overworked big time.
Procurement Specialist(Contract). (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2014
worst place I ever worked, the managers are bullies and they hate it if you do not brown nose to them all the time. They use people then throw them away if your manager does not like you.
The office politics and tittle tackle is terrible with the character assassination of good workers being done by the career nutcases.
Sorry but I would never work their again they treat people terrible, overload you with work then expect you to put 50 hour weeks in to clear it, if you don`t work over they fire you.
Sorry but I have a personal life as well as work.
Pros
money
Cons
terrible managers
Very friendly job enviornment
Procurement Administrator (Former Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 3, 2015
Lots of learning opportunity
Giving opportunity to work
Listening your ideas for productive work
co-workers are very cooperative
staff management is excellent
very friendly environment
Nepotism to the extreme
maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  IRVING OIL REFINERY SAINT JOHN N.B.May 20, 2013
Worked im maintenance for a client.Executing work orders.Learned that their philosophy is if you want to get ahead you have to bring out the knives.Favouritism was the order of the day.Management on the site are a bunch of paranoid control freaks who encourage finking and demand blind loyalty.If oyu get injured they treat you like a criminal.They peddle their culture of caring,then break WNB rules regarding incident reporting.Co-workers were ok.Hardest part of job was watching the atmosphere change from let's go to work to "watch your back".Most enjoyable part of the job was the physical job itself.
Pros
payday
Cons
every other day
Summary Jacobs
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 13, 2015
Hardest part: dealing with multiple projects and politics in almost each of the projects i had to deal with.

Learned: devised macros for the specific tasks - automation which made the pverall work more efficient.
Long time employee
Process Design and Drafting (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Work at Cosyn for a total of 12 years. Gained many years of experience in the oil and gas industry working on projects small to large for Syncrude.
Good company to work for.
Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
SSPA is a very good communication company to work there. Their staff is very kind and friendly. I like the location of the company.