Jacobs Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Long time employee
Process Design and Drafting (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Work at Cosyn for a total of 12 years. Gained many years of experience in the oil and gas industry working on projects small to large for Syncrude.
Productive and fun place to work
Supply Chain Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 29, 2015
Typical 40-45 hour weeks with OT depending on project requirements. Good gym in the building. Cube environment was one of the nicer ones I have seen.
Very Good Safety, Quality and Delivery Oriented Company
Project Controls Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Salary, Safe Work Culture
Cons: Job Security
It’s a FORTUNE 500 Company with excellence in Project Management, Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Maintenance (EPC & M). Jacobs Engineering is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services. With annual revenues of nearly $12 billion, it’s a US company based with global network includes more than 160 offices in more than 20 countries. Which have operations in North America, the United Kingdom, mainland Europe, Australia, and Asia. (Headquarters are in Pasadena, California, America)
Good company to work for.
Planner (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
SSPA is a very good communication company to work there. Their staff is very kind and friendly. I like the location of the company.
Summary Jacobs
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 13, 2015
Hardest part: dealing with multiple projects and politics in almost each of the projects i had to deal with.

Learned: devised macros for the specific tasks - automation which made the pverall work more efficient.
Very friendly job enviornment
Procurement Administrator (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 3, 2015
Lots of learning opportunity
Giving opportunity to work
Listening your ideas for productive work
co-workers are very cooperative
staff management is excellent
very friendly environment
Highly Structured and Industry Leaders
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 25, 2015
Pros: High level of motivation for dedicated individuals
Cons: Extremely tight timelines on projects
I found Jacobs as an exciting place to work where I have lots of opportunities to learn and apply my knowledge.

My stay at Jacobs was a fun and exciting time where I learned a lot of project management skills and met a variety of people with solid experience in their technical field.

Jacobs gave me confidence to polish my management and technical knowledge and I was able to discover my leadership style which has boosted my career to the next senior management level.
It used to be a good place to work.
Piping Designer / Checker (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJune 17, 2015
Pros: Good salary and benefits
Cons: As soon as I was non-billable, I was terminated
I consider myself lucky. I was one of the few designers that was actually doing detailed engineering, as most of the design work was being sent out to the Mumbai office.

I was also fortunate to be working with good people...all very professional and all with good humor.

The hardest part of my job was making the process area totally functional, accessible and safe for operations

The most enjoyable part was after model reviews, when people would tell me I did a good design
Fun and easy to comprehend
Welding Apprentice for Shell Scotford Turnaround (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 16, 2015
Pros: good hours and good benefits
Cons: 1.25hr drive to work
Working with highly experienced journey persons was a great way for me to learn the job in the safest way possible. just regular maintenance work of which the hardest part was carrying heavy tools to heights.
weak job culture and management
Pipeline drafter (Former Employee), Querry parkMay 1, 2015
Cons: they held alot of meeting during launch time and all of us did not have time to take break
I enjoyed working with my supervisor and co-workers but all of us did`nt have job security. Project management was good but upper Managers don’t recognize their employee’s hardwork. Not the most promising company to work for. Once project is done, they’ll lay you off as quick as possible. No advancement either, and training was very poor.
Intermediate Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 26, 2015
Over the years my perspective on this has changed as my job changed within the organization. All in all a good place to work, people are treated fair if they work, if they are lazy... well... they aren't.

I found the overall business outlook was shortsighted from time to time, but in the end there was reasoning behind many of the decisions that seem this way at the onset.

There were a number of good things that came out of this, along side a host of knowledge, and these include things from earned days off to project lunches and team building events.
Perfect company
Sr. Material management (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 17, 2015
I really like to work at Jacobs Canada.
I love work atmosphere and relationship between people work there.
most enjoyable part of my job is dynamic work as we are a connection between designers, engineers, management, suppliers and site contractors.
Culture of caring
Mechanical Engineer, EIT (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 17, 2015
Jacobs constantly emphasizes its culture of caring which is evident everyday you go to work. Working with people who genuinely care about your well being motivates you to excel.
Great benefits and good people to work with
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Work life balance.
Cons: Current work front is poor.
Great company to work for, they walk the walk and talk the talk. Best part is that we work a 9 hour day, bank 1 hour per day and get every second Friday off. Overtime is not a requirement this provides a comfortable work life balance. The companies "beyond Zero" safety policy is something that shows the company cares about its employees.
Senior Control Systems Designer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 17, 2015
Jacobs Canada is a good place to work. Company observes work-life balance and makes sure every opinion is heard. The salary is also competitive and offers continuous learning.
Lots of learning
Int. Project Control Specialist (Current Employee), calgaryApril 25, 2015
I worked almost three years at this company and my time there was filled with joy and intense learning. I learned most aspects of engineering business as well as about my department specific. I would highly recommend people working with companies like Jacobs.
Friendly and enjoyable team environment, Great work experience with knowledgeable staff and interesting projects.
Senior Piping Designer/Checker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 26, 2015
Pros: Staff Benefits
Cons: None
Pay and fellow workers were good. Management C-.
Estimator IV (Former Employee), Cypress, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: safety classes, free lunch during some holidays.
Cons: bellow par department management lesast 3 years..
Department manager was an expert at Kbase but did not pass on his knowledge to those who worked for him. The company management talked about ethics but I feel they were not ethical with there employees. The pay was good and the people I worked with were fun to work with.
Good Workplace & Fun Coworkers
Sr. Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 13, 2015
Pros: Coworkers are Diverse
Cons: Work longevity
Calgary office is a good environment to work in but local economy has caused a slowdown at the Calgary office. This resulted in massive reduction of staff.
not bad
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 6, 2015
i was called based on the recommendation of a friend for an interview. Was interviewed seperatelly by two. The first one asked, to my opinion, too many private question and the second one was very professional and confident. I did not like that Jacobs is not taking responsibility for their people in bad time with an attitude " we are not the shelter". I believe for a good company and stable society , it it important to keep good people coz they supported the company in good times, but in bad times, they are not good enough.
Headquarters