Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
DC Staff be Aware
Document Controller (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 19, 2013
There is too much work at this office. You can work 70 hour weeks and not be caught up.
Do not trust management. HR leaks information. The manager is a bully.
Co-Workers are great, for the most part, there are some abusive people, and nothing seems to be done about them so it continues. Nepotism does exist for sure. Women should watch out for sexual harassment, and then to be labelled a trouble maker and black listed.
Office Admin
Office Administration (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 18, 2013
I was only at Jacobs Engineering for a short time and only worked as Office Admin.
Service Company
PPM & Program Interface Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 15, 2013
Like all Service companies, Susceptible to the Ups & Downs of the Oil & Gas Industry
Nepotism to the extreme
maintenance technician (Former Employee), IRVING OIL REFINERY SAINT JOHN N.B.May 20, 2013
Pros: payday
Cons: every other day
Worked im maintenance for a client.Executing work orders.Learned that their philosophy is if you want to get ahead you have to bring out the knives.Favouritism was the order of the day.Management on the site are a bunch of paranoid control freaks who encourage finking and demand blind loyalty.If oyu get injured they treat you like a criminal.They peddle their culture of caring,then break WNB rules regarding incident reporting.Co-workers were ok.Hardest part of job was watching the atmosphere change from let's go to work to "watch your back".Most enjoyable part of the job was the physical job itself.
Not the best place to work but maybe not the worst
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), EdmontonApril 25, 2013
Management does not speak about what is wanted. Favortism. Mens club. Women are not invited into the mens club. Senority and wages mean nothing.
Think first, before applying to this company
timekeeper (Former Employee), albertaFebruary 1, 2013
Cons: lots of ot, no life at all
I’m so glad I’m not working for Jacobs anymore. I’ve worked for 2-straight weeks as a clerk and management never appreciated or cared about it. Managers don’t recognize their employee’s hardwork. Discrimination and Racism is definitely practiced among upper/senior management. Not the most promising company to work for. Once project is done, they’ll lay you off as quick as possible. No advancement either, and training was very poor.

February 15, 2013

They use you then throw you away, spot on with that comment. With regard to back biting again watch your back because some of the team leads do talk behind your back and try and stir up trouble particularly if your good at your job and quick to get things done.

March 28, 2013

I suggest you think first before applying to this company, I worked with them for 3 years and when they lost the project I was working on they gave assurances that they still had plenty of work for the engineers, just as the work was completed. I was made redundant in a very painful way. I wonder why they made false promises about having future work to keep everybody. I am glad I left because I got a better job. Will never work for them again, a lot of discrimination and Racism.

BEWARE Document Controllers
Lead Document Control (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: money was good, benefits are good
Cons: nobody should have to work like this
Co-workers where great to work around. Learned allot about slow Live Link. The Management just stinks in this department, very rude, and always looking over your shoulder, snarky, actually feels like your always on egg shells so BEWARE of this stressful environment.
Working at Belle Plaine mine site was great because I got to do lots of different things there
reinforcing ironworker (Former Employee), Regina, SKNovember 14, 2012
Pros: was good place work
Cons: we didn`t get travel time or gas allowance for travelling to site each day
Started with a prejob safety talk and prejob safety clearance form and work order .went you my area to fab up rebar or tie up rebar.I learned about the mining industtry and how things were made out of potash.I worked closely with different groups mainly carpenters but other trades too.The hardest part of job is I was a one man crew and sometimes was rushed to get done.It was a good place to work and I got to do all sides of the rebar industry from estimating to fabbing to placing and tieing it and was good at that
Looking for Challenging role with room to grow
Int.Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 21, 2012
Lots of work but looking for something more challenging.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Excellent wages and friendly environment
JR. DOCUMENT CONTROL (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 28, 2012
Pros: benefits and wages
Cons: too much overtime
A typical day at work would consist of document control and data entry, filing and records management.
I learned about engineering drawings and how to quality check.
Friendly environment and fun to work with fellow employees.
The hardest part of the job was the overtime. They required too much overtime to get the job done on time.

The most enjoyable part was the variety of work to be done and always busy.

About Jacobs

Jacobs, with annual revenues of nearly $13 billion, is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, – Read more