Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent wages and friendly environment
JR. DOCUMENT CONTROL (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 28, 2012
Pros: benefits and wages
Cons: too much overtime
A typical day at work would consist of document control and data entry, filing and records management.
I learned about engineering drawings and how to quality check.
Friendly environment and fun to work with fellow employees.
The hardest part of the job was the overtime. They required too much overtime to get the job done on time.

The most enjoyable part was the variety of work to be done and always busy.
Great company to work for with many opportunities to grow.
Project Controls Specialist/Assistant PM (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: you feel part of a team and a family.
Cons: many bureacratic government agencies as clients. not much work in the private construction market.
A typical day at work involves working in a fast paced environment with highly motivated and educated people.
I have received much support and mentor-ship in my pursuit of a career in construction project management.
The hardest part about this job is dealing with and handling the various clients that Jacobs serves as Agency CM/PMO for. Many of them are bureaucratic government agencies in NY which can be very difficult to work with.
The most enjoyable part of working for Jacobs is the amazing managers and co-workers. It truly feels like a family.
Strong safety culture
Senior Talent Acquisition/Expatriate HR Manager (Former Employee), Casablanca, MoroccoJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: only valuable if you are billable.
The company takes employee safety very serious. There are a lot of good people working for the company. The work hours a mostly flexible and the projects are exciting.
fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee), MoroccoJanuary 21, 2015
Jacobs is the best work place you can ever find. the management stuff are always cooperative. the most enjoyable part of the job is the free training provided by the company
JEG has a strong Professional Environment
Senior Control Systems Consultant (Current Employee), New OrleansJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: strong engineers
Cons: too much emphasis on billing and being billable. move away from bean counter mentality
Believe there is a need to stop shooting from the hip and share with employees more frequently. The company does hold alot of employee gatherings to encourage employee networking. Their benefit program is decent
Great people and culture
Piping Specifications Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Great company, love the people. Simply looking at options in case projects slow down due to the recent drop in oil prices
Good experience, very professional people and good support to produce quality work.
Senior Structural CAD Designer (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 15, 2015
Great Management Team and focus on family life.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Acworth, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Jacobs Engineering Group is an international,publicly traded company that recently began purchasing smaller telecommunications companies across the US and will soon move to acquiring companies abroad. They are very customer and safety oriented, but definitely allow for an excellent work/family balance.
Great People
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: constant movement of staff
Steady. Good Salary. Fun Culture. Open growth. Painful use of EDMS archaic system.
document control
Document Controller (Current Employee), mhapeJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free pick up and drop facility
Cons: over time hours
handling call from clients and solving their queries
arranging lunch and vehecles for clients
receiving mails from clents & answering them
uploading & downloading of documents from clients server
arranging them in company software known as JPI
not horrible
Electrician helper (Former Employee), Morenci, AZJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks
the pay made up for the bad supervision, slow workers, and the fact that nobody would talk to me in english to help me know what needed done
a friendly and enjoyable enviroment
Production Operative (Former Employee), Leicester, ENGJanuary 8, 2015
I would like to work at day time, packaging or production operatives. I was satisfied with the job at Jacobs but it was a temporary job. The hardest part at Jacobs was picking up the heavy trays however packing all the biscuits were quite enjoyable and easy. The environment was also really friendly.
productive and friendly staff
Piping designer (Former Employee), stockton on teesJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: food very nice
Cons: none really
Jacob's was a nice place to work i enjoyed my time there. The people who work there made me feel at home from day one and are very approachable and hard working. Jacobs's is a productive company and i would definitely go back should i get a chance in the future.
The new managment for the PSEP program is a JOKE!
Coatings Inspector/Utilities inspector (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 1, 2015
They brought in a new group of people to manage the PSEP program and they're prejudice against women in the field work. They lowered the pay of everyone after 4 months of everyone being there by 30%, they're ring leaders of the good ol' boys club.
Job Security Lacking
QA Manager (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 31, 2014
Pros: they were very good to me and very supportive
Cons: the uncertainty of whether i would have a job after the project was complete.
I really didn't have a problem with Jacobs as a whole. After a successful Job completion, as the Staff QA/QC Manager, they had no place for me to go and had to seek fill in work while remaining in their system. I prefer long term Stability with the Corp. I represent. I am very dedicated to my employer, I expect the same from them. While working for Jacobs I was very satisfied with my employer.
good company
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), DenverDecember 30, 2014
Pros: huge company
Cons: requires leave without pay between christmas and new year
Huge company with great opportunities, a true culture of caring
great company to work for
Mobile Crane Operator (Former Employee), Morenci, AZDecember 27, 2014
Pros: vacation pay
Cons: healthcare
working in the exposed environment. Great people to work with. Great safety habits all around.
Very good
System Administrator Co-Op (Current Employee), Houston, TexasDecember 24, 2014
I enjoy working here. I just got hired but the environment is nice and workers are helpful. I hope to find a full time job soon.
Es grato el ambiente laboral
Supervisor de Contrucci√≥n y Precom (Former Employee), Calama, ANDecember 23, 2014
Las jornadas laborales son acorde con las legislaciones.
Los colegas son muy competentes en su especialidad.
Poor safety support
Project HSE Manager (Current Employee), Al Khobar KSADecember 11, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: petty minded, do not use the skill set of employees
Although they speak the corporate speak about safety and security if it cost money then they are not interested

About Jacobs

Jacobs Engineering fuels its rise up the ladder with oil, gas, and chemicals. The group provides technical, professional,¬†and – Read more