Jacobs

Jacobs Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work at Jacobs
Account Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 23, 2014
Very busy agency from the start of the day until the end. There was always work to be done. I learned a lot. How to use TAM 12 in depth, various types of business to rate and write. Co workers were nice. Management was fair. The most enjoyable part of the job was the knowledge I gained.
QC Inspection
• Co-ordinate NDE Testing
• Review daily weld reports
• Map completed welds
• Check Welding procedures
• Handle record keeping and documentation
• Carry out inspection in accordance – more... with ITP
• Carry out walk down for punch list
• Reviewed NDE reports
• Compiled records and reviewed turn over packages
• Verification to ensure that the applicable welding procedures specification (WPS) are approve prior to start of any welding activity
• Verification and correctness of welding consumable such as Welding electrodes, filler wires, and consumables
• Verification of Welding electrodes backing and storage to all equipment’s meets job specification and code requirements
• Verification of dimensions fit-up and welds preparations in compliance with drawings
• Ensure that the approved welding procedures are employed in productions
• Visual inspection and dimensional of completed weld against the specifications, requirement and drawings
• Preparing NDE request as per the project spec
• Preparation and witnessed Hydro testing and pressure test packages
• Flange joint inspection, Bolt torqueing and gasket verification of flange joints
• Monitoring of Tie-in pre inspection activities – less
Productive, full of good people who are professional and care about each other.
Project Manager SONIC Service Desk Project Officer (Former Employee), Dumfries, VirginiaJuly 22, 2014
Pros: fair pay, location, people
I gained experience as a Project Manager, served as Risk Manager, and utilized IMS. My acquisition knowledge increased considerably.
Good company to work for
Pipe Welder (Former Employee), Morenci, AZJuly 22, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Decent pay, long job. Worked with a lot of the same crew from previous Jacobs jobs.
decent place to work
Cell Tower Field Technician (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: work/life balance
good place to work in general. Not enough room for growth in some departments. Work/Life balance nedds improvement.
caring company, but lacks opportunities
Accounting (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 17, 2014
Pros: fridays off or half days
Cons: health care expensive, compensation, lack of opportunities
The company has a great work/life balance, allowing the employees to work flexible schedules - some schedules have off on Fridays, some have half days. There are lots of employee appreciation activities and events company-wide. the health care benefits are extremely high as well. my department in accounting has great people, compassionate managers. – more... Unfortunately the pay is not the best when working from the bottom upwards. If you transfer from a different company the managers are more willing to offer a competitive salary, but do not reward its own employees. There are also not many opportunities to grow. There are very few managerial positions, but nothing else available in terms of diverse accounting positions being a very small group. if you are fine with having a "job" for the next 10 years then this would be perfect, but if looking for a place where you can grow and develop a career then consider somewhere else. – less
Productive and fun workplace.
Safety/ Industrial Hygiene Intern (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: flexible time, off every other fridays.
Cons: lack of communication sometimes, have to follow up to make sure job is done correctly.
Typical work day is answer hotline that we have. The calls consist of safety questions, concerns, and incidents that we may have. I also perform industrial hygiene tasks. Recently I've been taking noise dosimeter surveys for our noise assessments. I have also perform asbestos sampling as well as indoor air quality sampling. I get along great with my – more... co workers, they have taught me many things. The hardest part about my job is probably the communication throughout the facility. I sometimes have to go back and follow up on tasks to make sure they are done correctly and safely. The most enjoyable part about my job is making sure that everyone is safe and taken care of. I like to make people happy. – less
Military test equipment for support of our contries defense
Assistant Technologist (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MDJuly 16, 2014
Lead position as a EMI technician and the working face to face with the customers with their test product.
Good place to work, but work load was always up and down, never consistant
Sr. Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 15, 2014
Jacobs is good place to work but is getting away from detail design in the Lakeland office. Co-workers good to work with. Had 24 yrs. with Jacobs
Overworked big time.
Procurement Specialist(Contract). (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: terrible managers
worst place I ever worked, the managers are bullies and they hate it if you do not brown nose to them all the time. They use people then throw them away if your manager does not like you.
The office politics and tittle tackle is terrible with the character assassination of good workers being done by the career nutcases.
Sorry but I would never work – more... their again they treat people terrible, overload you with work then expect you to put 50 hour weeks in to clear it, if you don`t work over they fire you.
Sorry but I have a personal life as well as work. – less
Excellent company to work for
Real Property Specialist/Facility Manager (Current Employee), Stennis Space Center, MS 39529July 15, 2014
Pros: benefits
Very positive and very employee oriented. Pro family and pro education.
The size of Exxon-Mobile kept one busy.
General Foreman (Former Employee), Baytown, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: chance for advancement was always good.
Cons: need better mentoring for the exxon work culture.
Driving from the offices on one side of Exxon to the other for meetings and visiting the work sites somewhere in between could prove challenging. Exxon has a safety culture more than most plants. learning this was challenging. The Jacobs management was involved almost continuously in meetings on a daily basis. My co-workers were very helpful in the – more... work culture at Exxon. The work culture at Exxon was more than I have been involved in at any other plant for paperwork and safety. I appreciate the safety culture at Exxon and learned a lot from it. – less
why do we got to this..
Structural Welder (Former Employee), Morenci, AZJuly 10, 2014
a reall man or weman can do there job right... It was ok to work for them.. im just looking for work now..
how can get a job..
Fast pace
SharePoint Admin/Property Custodian (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 1, 2014
Challenging position that required me to learn on my own. Tracked all Jacobs employees loaner laptops and other electronic devices.
Muy buena oficina para trabajar
Proyectista Civil Estructural Senior (Former Employee), Santiago de Chile, RMJune 27, 2014
Pros: buen seguro médico
Cons: administración un poco lenta.
Un lugar con todos los recursos para proyectarse profesionalmente.
Cuenta con buena infraestructura inmobiliaria.
Posee buenos convenios médicos.
Gratos paseos de fin de año
dynamometer technician (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIJune 26, 2014
Great place to work, great people. very flexible with job and school
Overall a good company to work for
Sr. Site Administrator/Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 26, 2014
Pros: great benefit program
Cons: changes in management during project duration; lack of consistency of philosophy
Enjoyed the structure and processes that were in place within the company. Has a great benefit package. Worked with some excellent people - talented, diligent in their work ethics. Most difficult part of the job was changing management, changing work ethics and standards. Most enjoyable part of job is that I love doing the kind of work I do.
Descent place to work
IT (Current Employee), PasadenaJune 23, 2014
Too much politics. Terrible benefits, but pay is OK, lack of growth within company.
Cost Control Manager (Current Employee), Jubail, KSAJune 21, 2014
Pros: free luch
Cons: standard hours
Can manage work under pressures & deliver accurate outputs on time
Très enrichissant
Stage Conditionnement alimentaire (Former Employee), Flémalle Flémalle-Grande, WALJune 20, 2014
Pros: tout
Cons: la firme fermais dommage
Le découpage, le conditionnement , prendre soing de mon établi et surtout travaillé dans une ambiance superbe m'as bien faire prendre consience que le travail épanouis une personne.

About Jacobs

Jacobs Engineering fuels its rise up the ladder with oil, gas, and chemicals. The group provides technical, professional, and – Read more