Jacobs Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun place to work
Supply Chain Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 29, 2015
Typical 40-45 hour weeks with OT depending on project requirements. Good gym in the building. Cube environment was one of the nicer ones I have seen.
it is tolerable
Scaffolder (Current Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 9, 2015
Pros: im home every night
Cons: im not paid for travel and the rate of pay is the lowest in canada.
A tipical day at work for me , i sign on a safe work permit the i do a hazzard assessment for the task at hand.most of my co-workers are pleasent ,the hardest part of the job is the commute to work.the most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge of building scaffolding in akward places.
Good people to work with
Lead Civil/Structural/Architectural Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2015
Pros: Good working atmosphere, very high attention to safety
Cons: Hit by low oil prices since it works almost exclusively for oil industry.
People here are very friendly and helpful. Lots to learn from people who are more than willing to share their experiences.
Excellent consulting environment
Senior Structural Engineer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 2, 2015
The Edmonton office of Jacobs is an excellent workplace with supportive management and a focus on collaborative work and lots of opportunities to advance. Unfortunately like most consulting firms job security becomes an issue during slow economic times.
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Awsome camp
Cons: Long hours
JFSL in my word is one of the best companies i've ever worked for in my life ,the people are what makes this company what it is . the environment and atmosphere is one the most positive places I've ever worked in and would gladly go back and work them.
Jacobs
Principal Control System Engineer (Current Employee), CalgaryOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Free gym access; flexible work schedule
Overall, I am very happy at my stay with Jacobs. I have developed my career from Intermediate, senior, principal to lead position in the past 11 years. The fun part is dynamic, every project is unique and most of them have different process and different control system from previous. There are always something new to learn for every job. I love this part and it expands my knowledge and experience.
Also I enjoy the free access to the gym and flexible schedule.
Summary Jacobs
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 13, 2015
Hardest part: dealing with multiple projects and politics in almost each of the projects i had to deal with.

Learned: devised macros for the specific tasks - automation which made the pverall work more efficient.
love my job
journeyman scaffolder (Former Employee), albertaOctober 8, 2015
The positive thing to do stay focus be safe safety is the key aspect in life look out for oneself and our coworkers. I work fo I work for them a few time over the past 10 year o on shutdowns smal small contracts they are very family I take my hat of t to Jacobs I feel very proud looking fo I feel very proud working for a company
very nice working environment
Senior Piping Engineer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 7, 2015
Pros: location downtown is awesome
Cons: long commute
Woking with different people is always a challenge at first , since you have to let them know you and for you to know them. Working attitude is very professional, working space was amazing the open concept with out those tall cubicles i loved it.

The friends that i made along the way, i'm gonna miss them.
Very friendly job enviornment
Procurement Administrator (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 3, 2015
Lots of learning opportunity
Giving opportunity to work
Listening your ideas for productive work
co-workers are very cooperative
staff management is excellent
very friendly environment
Non respect des individus
General Laborer (Former Employee), Scotford, ABSeptember 24, 2015
Manque de respect envers les employés,
aucune concidération envers leurs évolutions
employés égale un numéro que l'on remplace...
Very Good Safety, Quality and Delivery Oriented Company
Project Controls Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Salary, Safe Work Culture
Cons: Job Security
It’s a FORTUNE 500 Company with excellence in Project Management, Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Maintenance (EPC & M). Jacobs Engineering is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services. With annual revenues of nearly $12 billion, it’s a US company based with global network includes more than 160 offices in more than 20 countries. Which have operations in North America, the United Kingdom, mainland Europe, Australia, and Asia. (Headquarters are in Pasadena, California, America)
Culture of caring
Mechanical Engineer, EIT (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 17, 2015
Jacobs constantly emphasizes its culture of caring which is evident everyday you go to work. Working with people who genuinely care about your well being motivates you to excel.
Fun and easy to comprehend
Welding Apprentice for Shell Scotford Turnaround (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 16, 2015
Pros: good hours and good benefits
Cons: 1.25hr drive to work
Working with highly experienced journey persons was a great way for me to learn the job in the safest way possible. just regular maintenance work of which the hardest part was carrying heavy tools to heights.
Highly Structured and Industry Leaders
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 25, 2015
Pros: High level of motivation for dedicated individuals
Cons: Extremely tight timelines on projects
I found Jacobs as an exciting place to work where I have lots of opportunities to learn and apply my knowledge.

My stay at Jacobs was a fun and exciting time where I learned a lot of project management skills and met a variety of people with solid experience in their technical field.

Jacobs gave me confidence to polish my management and technical knowledge and I was able to discover my leadership style which has boosted my career to the next senior management level.
Senior Control Systems Designer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 17, 2015
Jacobs Canada is a good place to work. Company observes work-life balance and makes sure every opinion is heard. The salary is also competitive and offers continuous learning.
Perfect company
Sr. Material management (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 17, 2015
I really like to work at Jacobs Canada.
I love work atmosphere and relationship between people work there.
most enjoyable part of my job is dynamic work as we are a connection between designers, engineers, management, suppliers and site contractors.
It used to be a good place to work.
Piping Designer / Checker (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJune 17, 2015
Pros: Good salary and benefits
Cons: As soon as I was non-billable, I was terminated
I consider myself lucky. I was one of the few designers that was actually doing detailed engineering, as most of the design work was being sent out to the Mumbai office.

I was also fortunate to be working with good people...all very professional and all with good humor.

The hardest part of my job was making the process area totally functional, accessible and safe for operations

The most enjoyable part was after model reviews, when people would tell me I did a good design
Jacobs
Senior Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 2, 2015
Great company. Being a part of Jacobs was one of the highlights of my career. I would recommend Jacobs to anyone looking for a career.
fun place to work
Jr. Project Manager - Shell Downstream Program (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
great co-workers, no benefits. not a typical 9 to 5. lots of work. if you enjoy traveling as part of your work and there is lots of chances for that.
Headquarters