Jacobs Employee Reviews in Canada

Good people.
Senior Instrumentation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 24, 2016
Work/life balance was good, salary was competitive, job security not great and too much focus on work sharing with overseas offices.
Great experience for me and a good way for me to learn about EPC
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2016
I was treated with respect, and was able to get help whenever I needed. The people I worked with were some of the smartest, and nicest people I've ever met. It was overall a fantastic experience for me.
I&C Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2016
Excellent co-workers and a good work culture. Standards are good focus on safety is a major item for Jacobs. Lots of work to be done in overhead management to remain competitive and tough economic environment.
it is tolerable
Scaffolder (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBNovember 9, 2015
A tipical day at work for me , i sign on a safe work permit the i do a hazzard assessment for the task at hand.most of my co-workers are pleasent ,the hardest part of the job is the commute to work.the most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge of building scaffolding in akward places.
Pros
im home every night
Cons
im not paid for travel and the rate of pay is the lowest in canada.
Jacobs was a fun and engaging place to work.
Instrument & Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2016
Jacobs was a fun and engaging place to work. It offered career advancement opportunities and also many different work challenges to help people learn and grow.
Jacobs
Principal Control System Engineer (Current Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 14, 2015
Overall, I am very happy at my stay with Jacobs. I have developed my career from Intermediate, senior, principal to lead position in the past 11 years. The fun part is dynamic, every project is unique and most of them have different process and different control system from previous. There are always something new to learn for every job. I love this part and it expands my knowledge and experience.
Also I enjoy the free access to the gym and flexible schedule.
Pros
Free gym access; flexible work schedule
Good people to work with
Lead Civil/Structural/Architectural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2015
People here are very friendly and helpful. Lots to learn from people who are more than willing to share their experiences.
Pros
Good working atmosphere, very high attention to safety
Cons
Hit by low oil prices since it works almost exclusively for oil industry.
very nice working environment
Senior Piping Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 7, 2015
Woking with different people is always a challenge at first , since you have to let them know you and for you to know them. Working attitude is very professional, working space was amazing the open concept with out those tall cubicles i loved it.

The friends that i made along the way, i'm gonna miss them.
Pros
location downtown is awesome
Cons
long commute
Excellent consulting environment
Senior Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 2, 2015
The Edmonton office of Jacobs is an excellent workplace with supportive management and a focus on collaborative work and lots of opportunities to advance. Unfortunately like most consulting firms job security becomes an issue during slow economic times.
Long time employee
Process Design and Drafting (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Work at Cosyn for a total of 12 years. Gained many years of experience in the oil and gas industry working on projects small to large for Syncrude.
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 2, 2015
JFSL in my word is one of the best companies i've ever worked for in my life ,the people are what makes this company what it is . the environment and atmosphere is one the most positive places I've ever worked in and would gladly go back and work them.
Pros
Awsome camp
love my job
journeyman scaffolder (Former Employee) –  albertaOctober 8, 2015
The positive thing to do stay focus be safe safety is the key aspect in life look out for oneself and our coworkers. I work fo I work for them a few time over the past 10 year o on shutdowns smal small contracts they are very family I take my hat of t to Jacobs I feel very proud looking fo I feel very proud working for a company
Good company to work for.
Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
SSPA is a very good communication company to work there. Their staff is very kind and friendly. I like the location of the company.
Productive and fun place to work
Supply Chain Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 29, 2015
Typical 40-45 hour weeks with OT depending on project requirements. Good gym in the building. Cube environment was one of the nicer ones I have seen.
Very Good Safety, Quality and Delivery Oriented Company
Project Controls Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 8, 2015
It’s a FORTUNE 500 Company with excellence in Project Management, Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Maintenance (EPC & M). Jacobs Engineering is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services. With annual revenues of nearly $12 billion, it’s a US company based with global network includes more than 160 offices in more than 20 countries. Which have operations in North America, the United Kingdom, mainland Europe, Australia, and Asia. (Headquarters are in Pasadena, California, America)
Pros
Salary, Safe Work Culture
Cons
Job Security
x
Journeyman Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  AlbertaFebruary 6, 2016
Très belle expérience et très agréable. Apprendre à travailler en équipe .
Summary Jacobs
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 13, 2015
Hardest part: dealing with multiple projects and politics in almost each of the projects i had to deal with.

Learned: devised macros for the specific tasks - automation which made the pverall work more efficient.
Very friendly job enviornment
Procurement Administrator (Former Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 3, 2015
Lots of learning opportunity
Giving opportunity to work
Listening your ideas for productive work
co-workers are very cooperative
staff management is excellent
very friendly environment
Highly Structured and Industry Leaders
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 25, 2015
I found Jacobs as an exciting place to work where I have lots of opportunities to learn and apply my knowledge.

My stay at Jacobs was a fun and exciting time where I learned a lot of project management skills and met a variety of people with solid experience in their technical field.

Jacobs gave me confidence to polish my management and technical knowledge and I was able to discover my leadership style which has boosted my career to the next senior management level.
Pros
High level of motivation for dedicated individuals
Cons
Extremely tight timelines on projects
It used to be a good place to work.
Piping Designer / Checker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaJune 17, 2015
I consider myself lucky. I was one of the few designers that was actually doing detailed engineering, as most of the design work was being sent out to the Mumbai office.

I was also fortunate to be working with good people...all very professional and all with good humor.

The hardest part of my job was making the process area totally functional, accessible and safe for operations

The most enjoyable part was after model reviews, when people would tell me I did a good design
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
As soon as I was non-billable, I was terminated