Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very good
System Administrator Co-Op (Current Employee), Houston, TexasDecember 24, 2014
I enjoy working here. I just got hired but the environment is nice and workers are helpful. I hope to find a full time job soon.
Es grato el ambiente laboral
Supervisor de Contrucción y Precom (Former Employee), Calama, ANDecember 23, 2014
Las jornadas laborales son acorde con las legislaciones.
Los colegas son muy competentes en su especialidad.
Poor safety support
Project HSE Manager (Current Employee), Al Khobar KSADecember 11, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: petty minded, do not use the skill set of employees
Although they speak the corporate speak about safety and security if it cost money then they are not interested
Great First time experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 10, 2014
Pros: great scheduleing
Cons: limited material
A typical day at work consist of coming in as greeting by the staff and residents with a smile. Organizing my day according to the shower schedule of the day. Reporting to my assigned residents and informing them I was their CNA and will provide care for them during his hours. After the early showers were done and everyone received their breakfast, – more... I will dress the remainders who typically doesn't go out of room to eat. Clean and maintenance their rooms, which included making beds, emptying trash cans, and so forth. After all rooms were decent, I would perform my last diaper changes and end my day with charting vital signs and any changes to healthcare or conditions.

I learn who to be more passionate with residents. I learned how to change colostomy bags and insert cathiters.

Management was changing often so I didn't develop any perception on them.

Coworkers were great and very reliable

The hardest part of the job was having to search for material such as towels and diapers and socks for resident who needed them.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the residents ready for the day, especially if their family or friends were coming to visit. – less
Profile
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), NationalDecember 8, 2014
I have an extensive background in Subsurface Utility Engineering and subsurface exploration technologies. My background includes geophysical investigations, data interpretation, CADD skills and associated software. I have developed and provided leadership in many organizations. My current position is in Safety and SUE. I currently provide leadership, – more... direction, and training to employees. We provide civil engineering and survey mainly to the oil and gas community within our region. My past has included working with multichannel ground penetrating systems and multi-coil electromagnetic systems to include development. I have worked in most design Environments to include site civil, DOT, and oil and gas. I am currently developing a Engineering safety program. Report to senior leadership on all aspects of health and safety. Direct safety programs to protect employees and maintain safe working conditions in the oil and gas industry. Formulates and suggests work safety standards, and enforces procedures. Risk prevention areas include hazardous materials exposure, accidents, fires, or other unsafe conditions within the oil and gas industry. Meets compliance and reporting requirements of federal or state regulations. Provide federal and site specific safety training as required. Investigate and report near misses and incident/accident in accordance with federal and state regulations. Conduct periodic safety and health walk-through inspections of all workplace facilities and project sites. Maintain OK-300 log of occupational injuries and illnesses. Establish and monitor a program for reporting and investigating “near-miss” situations. Maintain required safety and health documents/files. Ensure periodic inspections of all motorized vehicles. Provide client leadership as needed in regards to utility mapping. Provide consultation with clients in regards to utility damage prevention best practices. – less
Very interesting place to work at as wells as great people to work with.
Civil Designer (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CADecember 3, 2014
Pros: some free lunches here and there and company sponsored activities.
Cons: not too reliable when it comes to slow work load, too quick to jump to layoffs or company leave of absences.
Jacobs Engineering is a great place to work at and learn from due to the variety of projects that they are rewarded from time to time. The quality and professionalism of the my colleagues and other employees I interfaced with was very satisfying and motivating. There is certainly plenty of room for advancement and even travel to many parts of the world – more... if you are so inclined. Hardest part of my position was locating certain individuals when I needed to gather important project related information mostly with clients. The most enjoyable was working with my colleagues and how unselfishly helpful they were to me at a time of need. – less
productive
material control (Current Employee), baton rouge, laDecember 3, 2014
I put together bid tabs, reviewed bid tabs, did material takeoffs, made sure all material made it to site per schedule. checked invoicing
great people room to grow
Piping/Mechanical Designer/CAD (Current Employee), Tucson azDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: benefits
Jacobs has great people to work with. With the variety of disciplines there is always room to learn new things. Deadlines let you work at a self pace. It is a multicultural environment and makes people feel comfortable, regardless or origin.
I really love working for Jacobs, It has taught me alot about the mining industry and gave me a change to use – more... my skills at a Job site – less
Great overall company with excellent safety culture philosophy "Beyond Zero"
Construction Management Supervisor (Current Employee), Geismar, LANovember 26, 2014
Jacobs is a typical world power in the EPC of construction companies. It has a great safety culture and good people working there. Ive only worked the construction management side so far but would like to continue with the company on all sides it may have. Good experience!
Awesome work place
Sr.Engineer (Current Employee), Mumbai, IndiaNovember 6, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: it dept should be more process oriented.
Jacobs is a good company with proper personal and professional life balance.
Work environment is quite friendly and productive.
An ever expanding company with good development opportunities
GIS Architect (Current Employee), The Gas Company, Los AngelsNovember 5, 2014
Pros: lots of fields of work and variety of projects
Cons: networking can be a challenge
Work hard and see opportunities pop up. This is a vast company and it is critical to develop knowledge of it and of the latest projects and key people in order to identify career development opportunities.
Poor ethics!
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee), houston, txNovember 4, 2014
Based on poor ethics, and unlawfully making a hostile work environment
Work 40 hours and meet the schedule
Summer Internships (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 29, 2014
Pros: salary was fare and some lunch and learns
Cons: all industrial focus from that specific office
The people are very friendly and helpful. Management is attentive to the employee and the people make the work enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was the I.T. Department
Billability Beast
Senior Civil Engineer (Current Employee), LeedsOctober 28, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: poor environment for engineers who wish to develop their competence
Through a relentless drive to increase billability senior managers have lost sight of one of the companies key values "people are our greatest asset". Insufficient training allowance in terms of both time and cost is resulting in a workforce of reduced competence which has lead to project write-off's and poor technical performance.
Safest company I have ever worked for
Regional HSE Manager - Northwest (Former Employee), Oakland, CAOctober 24, 2014
Truly cares about the safety of their employees! good people, good managers, great work environment, really emphasized safety!
Happy as a part of JACOBS
Apprentice Piping Engineer (Current Employee), MahapeOctober 24, 2014
I learn a lot of things daily & also how to develop our personality.
Management & co-workers are really helpful.
Safety oriented yet productive
Laborer Foreman (Former Employee), ExxonOctober 23, 2014
Safety is the most importanat aspect and focus on the job daily, throughout the entire shift. If there is a task to be completed deemed unsafe that task will not be completed until the job has been reassessed for safety, allowing the job to be completed in the safest fashion with proper tools and ppe required to do so.
Great company!
Document Control Manager (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAOctober 22, 2014
I had fun working with this company. Very laid back atmosphere.
Excellent mentorship of senior managment -Wonderful company to work for.
Subcontract Administrator (Former Employee), Conshohocken, PAOctober 22, 2014
Excellent mentorship of senior managment -Wonderful company to work for.
worried about job security
csr (Former Employee), RaritanOctober 22, 2014
Pros: lunch and learn
Cons: no job security
Everyone is worried about their job. Makes for a bad work environment. Management tells you what you want to hear.

About Jacobs

Jacobs Engineering fuels its rise up the ladder with oil, gas, and chemicals. The group provides technical, professional, and – Read more