Jacobs Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Jacobs - decent company, great people
F.Q. Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 30, 2016
A great place to work with lots of growth and learning opportunities. Salary is not that great but people are amazing. Management was great until they started losing lots of projects.
Good work culture, friendly
Structural Technologist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2016
Pros: free lunches, learning opportunities
Cons: salary
I had learnt a lot at this company. Everyone there was friendly and always ready to help. The manager is always available to sort out what ever problem you have (strictly professional).
Very Good Safety, Quality and Delivery Oriented Company
Project Controls Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Salary, Safe Work Culture
Cons: Job Security
It’s a FORTUNE 500 Company with excellence in Project Management, Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Maintenance (EPC & M). Jacobs Engineering is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services. With annual revenues of nearly $12 billion, it’s a US company based with global network includes more than 160 offices in more than 20 countries. Which have operations in North America, the United Kingdom, mainland Europe, Australia, and Asia. (Headquarters are in Pasadena, California, America)
A Very Diverse Company
Sr. Project Manager - Division Manager (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ON & Edmonton, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: Supportive Executive Management
Cons: Long Hours
Working at E.S. Fox required long days and a good workload. I have learned to Diversify myself and be able to deal with many situations.
Management is Good pending on the location - Executive Management is Excellent, great Co-workers.
Hardest part of the Job was the need to Travel at times to projects and being away from your Family.
Most enjoyable time was retreats and satisfaction for a Job well done.
It used to be a good place to work.
Piping Designer / Checker (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJune 17, 2015
Pros: Good salary and benefits
Cons: As soon as I was non-billable, I was terminated
I consider myself lucky. I was one of the few designers that was actually doing detailed engineering, as most of the design work was being sent out to the Mumbai office.

I was also fortunate to be working with good people...all very professional and all with good humor.

The hardest part of my job was making the process area totally functional, accessible and safe for operations

The most enjoyable part was after model reviews, when people would tell me I did a good design
Fun and easy to comprehend
Welding Apprentice for Shell Scotford Turnaround (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 16, 2015
Pros: good hours and good benefits
Cons: 1.25hr drive to work
Working with highly experienced journey persons was a great way for me to learn the job in the safest way possible. just regular maintenance work of which the hardest part was carrying heavy tools to heights.
I&C Lead (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2016
Excellent co-workers and a good work culture. Standards are good focus on safety is a major item for Jacobs. Lots of work to be done in overhead management to remain competitive and tough economic environment.
Senior Control Systems Designer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 17, 2015
Jacobs Canada is a good place to work. Company observes work-life balance and makes sure every opinion is heard. The salary is also competitive and offers continuous learning.
Great Company / Struggles with Consistency
Systems Specialist - JPI Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 15, 2016
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: Lots of middle management
Jacobs is an Engineering company that grows through acquisition; this allows them to leverage their many different lines of business and their many employees (65,000+). Since they are so diverse they do sometimes struggle to maintain consistent work practises.
Excellent consulting environment
Senior Structural Engineer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 2, 2015
The Edmonton office of Jacobs is an excellent workplace with supportive management and a focus on collaborative work and lots of opportunities to advance. Unfortunately like most consulting firms job security becomes an issue during slow economic times.
Intermediate Document Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 2, 2016
Pros: Earned Day Offs
Cons: Long work hours
There was a culture of caring in the workplace, wherein employers and employees built a personal relationship with safety, and to take responsibility for safety not only for their own selves but for others as well. Respect for people and environment was greatly emphasized and courage to demonstrate care.
Jacobs was a fun and engaging place to work.
Instrument & Controls Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2016
Jacobs was a fun and engaging place to work. It offered career advancement opportunities and also many different work challenges to help people learn and grow.
Excellent company
Office Services Clerk/ Receptionist (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 25, 2016
I loved working for Jacobs. All employees are friendly and helpful. My manager and supervisor were wonderful persons who always made sure that the staff feel like home. they became good friends to all of us and in the summer we went to their house for barbqs. My manager and supervisor many times covered my work so I can attend lunch meetings and voluntary work within the company. They encouraged me to learn as much as possible in office services and reception.
Fun workplace with some social networking and extra curricular activities
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2016
Pros: Free lunches and social activities
Cons: long job hours to meet deadlines
I am looking for project coordinator/ project controls position in challenging organization where I could have have learning opportunities for my professional development as well as fun time with my co workers so that we could work like a team and bring out great results.
Jacobs
Principal Control System Engineer (Current Employee), CalgaryOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Free gym access; flexible work schedule
Overall, I am very happy at my stay with Jacobs. I have developed my career from Intermediate, senior, principal to lead position in the past 11 years. The fun part is dynamic, every project is unique and most of them have different process and different control system from previous. There are always something new to learn for every job. I love this part and it expands my knowledge and experience.
Also I enjoy the free access to the gym and flexible schedule.
Good place
Red Seal Steam and Pipefitter (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 1, 2016
Pros: Good company
Cons: Not enough work
I have worked for this company two different times. The first time the super was not favorable. My foreman was good and the crew i worked with were great guys. The second time i worked for them it was a good experience. I had a great foreman and a great crew. Look forward to working with them again.
fun place to work
Jr. Project Manager - Shell Downstream Program (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
great co-workers, no benefits. not a typical 9 to 5. lots of work. if you enjoy traveling as part of your work and there is lots of chances for that.
Friendly and enjoyable team environment, Great work experience with knowledgeable staff and interesting projects.
Senior Piping Designer/Checker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 26, 2015
Pros: Staff Benefits
Cons: None
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Awsome camp
Cons: Long hours
JFSL in my word is one of the best companies i've ever worked for in my life ,the people are what makes this company what it is . the environment and atmosphere is one the most positive places I've ever worked in and would gladly go back and work them.
Great Company to work for job work/Life balance
DOCUMENT CONTROLLER (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 21, 2016
Pros: Great work schedule
Cons: No parking or expensive Parking
Love the work schedule. Having at least 1 friday off a month was great so you can get any appointments done or just time with the family.
Great co-worker, Grest team atmosphere.
The salary and benefits are good
Headquarters