Jacobs Employee Reviews in Canada

Jacobs - decent company, great people
F.Q. Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 30, 2016
A great place to work with lots of growth and learning opportunities. Salary is not that great but people are amazing. Management was great until they started losing lots of projects.
Good work culture, friendly
Structural Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2016
I had learnt a lot at this company. Everyone there was friendly and always ready to help. The manager is always available to sort out what ever problem you have (strictly professional).
Pros
free lunches, learning opportunities
Cons
salary
Very Good Safety, Quality and Delivery Oriented Company
Project Controls Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 8, 2015
It’s a FORTUNE 500 Company with excellence in Project Management, Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Maintenance (EPC & M). Jacobs Engineering is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services. With annual revenues of nearly $12 billion, it’s a US company based with global network includes more than 160 offices in more than 20 countries. Which have operations in North America, the United Kingdom, mainland Europe, Australia, and Asia. (Headquarters are in Pasadena, California, America)
Pros
Salary, Safe Work Culture
Cons
Job Security
Good family oriented working environment
Instrumentation Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 18, 2016
A typical day at work is just like any ordinary desk work where you are just on your computer throughout the day.
What I learned from this company is their culture of caring for the business, your goals and self improvement, and the well being of their employees.
Management is average and can be improve better.
Co-workers or colleagues are probably the best thing about this company. Very friendly and family oriented environment.
Hardest part of the job probably be sometimes trying to meet deadlines with such tight schedules.
Most enjoyable part of the job is probably the people you work with and the somewhat relaxed nature of the work depending on which position in the company you're in.
Pros
Corporate Challenge, Coffee breaks, Friendly work environment, room for career advancement
A Very Diverse Company
Sr. Project Manager - Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON & Edmonton, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Working at E.S. Fox required long days and a good workload. I have learned to Diversify myself and be able to deal with many situations.
Management is Good pending on the location - Executive Management is Excellent, great Co-workers.
Hardest part of the Job was the need to Travel at times to projects and being away from your Family.
Most enjoyable time was retreats and satisfaction for a Job well done.
Pros
Supportive Executive Management
Cons
Long Hours
It used to be a good place to work.
Piping Designer / Checker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaJune 17, 2015
I consider myself lucky. I was one of the few designers that was actually doing detailed engineering, as most of the design work was being sent out to the Mumbai office.

I was also fortunate to be working with good people...all very professional and all with good humor.

The hardest part of my job was making the process area totally functional, accessible and safe for operations

The most enjoyable part was after model reviews, when people would tell me I did a good design
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
As soon as I was non-billable, I was terminated
I&C Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2016
Excellent co-workers and a good work culture. Standards are good focus on safety is a major item for Jacobs. Lots of work to be done in overhead management to remain competitive and tough economic environment.
Great Company / Struggles with Consistency
Systems Specialist - JPI Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 15, 2016
Jacobs is an Engineering company that grows through acquisition; this allows them to leverage their many different lines of business and their many employees (65,000+). Since they are so diverse they do sometimes struggle to maintain consistent work practises.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Lots of middle management
Intermediate Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 2, 2016
There was a culture of caring in the workplace, wherein employers and employees built a personal relationship with safety, and to take responsibility for safety not only for their own selves but for others as well. Respect for people and environment was greatly emphasized and courage to demonstrate care.
Pros
Earned Day Offs
Cons
Long work hours
Fun workplace with some social networking and extra curricular activities
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 5, 2016
I am looking for project coordinator/ project controls position in challenging organization where I could have have learning opportunities for my professional development as well as fun time with my co workers so that we could work like a team and bring out great results.
Pros
Free lunches and social activities
Cons
long job hours to meet deadlines
Completed 3 projects with each time a fresh team
Dy. Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 1, 2016
- the best project was the Agrium, Carseland project that was awarded to Jacobs on nomination as all other EPC refused to bid for project being a petro-chemical project.
- the project was awarded due to my experience in petrochemical
- enjoyed the project and the motivated team
- completed the project on time
Fun and easy to comprehend
Welding Apprentice for Shell Scotford Turnaround (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 16, 2015
Working with highly experienced journey persons was a great way for me to learn the job in the safest way possible. just regular maintenance work of which the hardest part was carrying heavy tools to heights.
Pros
good hours and good benefits
Cons
1.25hr drive to work
Smaller group inside of a bigger group
Manager of Close Out / Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 23, 2016
Still very much a boys club.. A day at work is very stressful knowing if you are going to get laid off or not. Hardest part of the day was working with people that should not be there because being there is when senior management wont deal with HR issues properly.
Senior Control Systems Designer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 17, 2015
Jacobs Canada is a good place to work. Company observes work-life balance and makes sure every opinion is heard. The salary is also competitive and offers continuous learning.
Productive,Enjoyable and Safe Workplace
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2016
Very Good and Healthy and Safe workplace with plenty of opportunity to Grew.

Very good potential to learn and develop technical and managerial skills
Work share culture is good to handle with other Jacobs offices.
Pros
Good Social Events
Cons
Clumsy Management
Great place to work, enjoy the sense of comradery
Project Procurement Lead/ Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 28, 2016
My time at Jacobs has been fulfilling, they have helped paved my path to where I am today. Jacobs has given me the tools to effectively complete my job and management is always available when needed.
Great Company to work for job work/Life balance
DOCUMENT CONTROLLER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 21, 2016
Love the work schedule. Having at least 1 friday off a month was great so you can get any appointments done or just time with the family.
Great co-worker, Grest team atmosphere.
The salary and benefits are good
Pros
Great work schedule
Cons
No parking or expensive Parking
Jacobs was a fun and engaging place to work.
Instrument & Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2016
Jacobs was a fun and engaging place to work. It offered career advancement opportunities and also many different work challenges to help people learn and grow.
Excellent company
Office Services Clerk/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJanuary 25, 2016
I loved working for Jacobs. All employees are friendly and helpful. My manager and supervisor were wonderful persons who always made sure that the staff feel like home. they became good friends to all of us and in the summer we went to their house for barbqs. My manager and supervisor many times covered my work so I can attend lunch meetings and voluntary work within the company. They encouraged me to learn as much as possible in office services and reception.
good
Lead Piping Design (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 1, 2016
Its good company to work with very good employee and management also good to learn shop fab environment. All senior are very friendly also ready to explain any technical question or concern also team work environment.