Jacobs Employee Reviews in Canada

Jacobs - decent company, great people
F.Q. Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 30, 2016
A great place to work with lots of growth and learning opportunities. Salary is not that great but people are amazing. Management was great until they started losing lots of projects.
A Very Diverse Company
Sr. Project Manager - Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON & Edmonton, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Working at E.S. Fox required long days and a good workload. I have learned to Diversify myself and be able to deal with many situations.
Management is Good pending on the location - Executive Management is Excellent, great Co-workers.
Hardest part of the Job was the need to Travel at times to projects and being away from your Family.
Most enjoyable time was retreats and satisfaction for a Job well done.
Pros
Supportive Executive Management
Cons
Long Hours
I&C Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2016
Excellent co-workers and a good work culture. Standards are good focus on safety is a major item for Jacobs. Lots of work to be done in overhead management to remain competitive and tough economic environment.
Very Good Safety, Quality and Delivery Oriented Company
Project Controls Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 8, 2015
It’s a FORTUNE 500 Company with excellence in Project Management, Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Maintenance (EPC & M). Jacobs Engineering is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services. With annual revenues of nearly $12 billion, it’s a US company based with global network includes more than 160 offices in more than 20 countries. Which have operations in North America, the United Kingdom, mainland Europe, Australia, and Asia. (Headquarters are in Pasadena, California, America)
Pros
Salary, Safe Work Culture
Cons
Job Security
Good family oriented working environment
Instrumentation Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 18, 2016
A typical day at work is just like any ordinary desk work where you are just on your computer throughout the day.
What I learned from this company is their culture of caring for the business, your goals and self improvement, and the well being of their employees.
Management is average and can be improve better.
Co-workers or colleagues are probably the best thing about this company. Very friendly and family oriented environment.
Hardest part of the job probably be sometimes trying to meet deadlines with such tight schedules.
Most enjoyable part of the job is probably the people you work with and the somewhat relaxed nature of the work depending on which position in the company you're in.
Pros
Corporate Challenge, Coffee breaks, Friendly work environment, room for career advancement
Intermediate Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 2, 2016
There was a culture of caring in the workplace, wherein employers and employees built a personal relationship with safety, and to take responsibility for safety not only for their own selves but for others as well. Respect for people and environment was greatly emphasized and courage to demonstrate care.
Pros
Earned Day Offs
Cons
Long work hours
Great Company / Struggles with Consistency
Systems Specialist - JPI Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 15, 2016
Jacobs is an Engineering company that grows through acquisition; this allows them to leverage their many different lines of business and their many employees (65,000+). Since they are so diverse they do sometimes struggle to maintain consistent work practises.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Lots of middle management
Excellent consulting environment
Senior Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 2, 2015
The Edmonton office of Jacobs is an excellent workplace with supportive management and a focus on collaborative work and lots of opportunities to advance. Unfortunately like most consulting firms job security becomes an issue during slow economic times.
Good work culture, friendly
Structural Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2016
I had learnt a lot at this company. Everyone there was friendly and always ready to help. The manager is always available to sort out what ever problem you have (strictly professional).
Pros
free lunches, learning opportunities
Cons
salary
Jacobs was a fun and engaging place to work.
Instrument & Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2016
Jacobs was a fun and engaging place to work. It offered career advancement opportunities and also many different work challenges to help people learn and grow.
Fun workplace with some social networking and extra curricular activities
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 5, 2016
I am looking for project coordinator/ project controls position in challenging organization where I could have have learning opportunities for my professional development as well as fun time with my co workers so that we could work like a team and bring out great results.
Pros
Free lunches and social activities
Cons
long job hours to meet deadlines
Completed 3 projects with each time a fresh team
Dy. Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 1, 2016
- the best project was the Agrium, Carseland project that was awarded to Jacobs on nomination as all other EPC refused to bid for project being a petro-chemical project.
- the project was awarded due to my experience in petrochemical
- enjoyed the project and the motivated team
- completed the project on time
Smaller group inside of a bigger group
Manager of Close Out / Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 23, 2016
Still very much a boys club.. A day at work is very stressful knowing if you are going to get laid off or not. Hardest part of the day was working with people that should not be there because being there is when senior management wont deal with HR issues properly.
Highly Structured and Industry Leaders
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 25, 2015
I found Jacobs as an exciting place to work where I have lots of opportunities to learn and apply my knowledge.

My stay at Jacobs was a fun and exciting time where I learned a lot of project management skills and met a variety of people with solid experience in their technical field.

Jacobs gave me confidence to polish my management and technical knowledge and I was able to discover my leadership style which has boosted my career to the next senior management level.
Pros
High level of motivation for dedicated individuals
Cons
Extremely tight timelines on projects
Great place to work, enjoy the sense of comradery
Project Procurement Lead/ Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 28, 2016
My time at Jacobs has been fulfilling, they have helped paved my path to where I am today. Jacobs has given me the tools to effectively complete my job and management is always available when needed.
Productive and Pro-active
Senior Piping Designer/Checker (Former Employee) –  Ecmonton AlbertaAugust 20, 2016
Willing to work in field or site. Able to work under pressure, very flexible, can meet the given schedule on timely manner and provide assistance to juniors and intermediate piping designers.
Pros
Workoholic
Productive,Enjoyable and Safe Workplace
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2016
Very Good and Healthy and Safe workplace with plenty of opportunity to Grew.

Very good potential to learn and develop technical and managerial skills
Work share culture is good to handle with other Jacobs offices.
Pros
Good Social Events
Cons
Clumsy Management
good
Lead Piping Design (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 1, 2016
Its good company to work with very good employee and management also good to learn shop fab environment. All senior are very friendly also ready to explain any technical question or concern also team work environment.
Great Company to work for job work/Life balance
DOCUMENT CONTROLLER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 21, 2016
Love the work schedule. Having at least 1 friday off a month was great so you can get any appointments done or just time with the family.
Great co-worker, Grest team atmosphere.
The salary and benefits are good
Pros
Great work schedule
Cons
No parking or expensive Parking
Jacobs
Principal Control System Engineer (Current Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 14, 2015
Overall, I am very happy at my stay with Jacobs. I have developed my career from Intermediate, senior, principal to lead position in the past 11 years. The fun part is dynamic, every project is unique and most of them have different process and different control system from previous. There are always something new to learn for every job. I love this part and it expands my knowledge and experience.
Also I enjoy the free access to the gym and flexible schedule.
Pros
Free gym access; flexible work schedule