Jacobs

Jacobs Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing.
General Labourer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 18, 2014
I worked with people on a daily basis,
Man Watch
• Co-ordinate NDE Testing
• Review daily weld reports
• Map completed welds
• Check Welding procedures
• Handle record keeping and documentation
• Carry out inspection in accordance – more... with ITP
• Carry out walk down for punch list
• Reviewed NDE reports
• Compiled records and reviewed turn over packages
• Verification to ensure that the applicable welding procedures specification (WPS) are approve prior to start of any welding activity
• Verification and correctness of welding consumable such as Welding electrodes, filler wires, and consumables
• Verification of Welding electrodes backing and storage to all equipment’s meets job specification and code requirements
• Verification of dimensions fit-up and welds preparations in compliance with drawings
• Ensure that the approved welding procedures are employed in productions
• Visual inspection and dimensional of completed weld against the specifications, requirement and drawings
• Preparing NDE request as per the project spec
• Preparation and witnessed Hydro testing and pressure test packages
• Flange joint inspection, Bolt torqueing and gasket verification of flange joints
• Monitoring of Tie-in pre inspection activities – less
Overworked big time.
Procurement Specialist(Contract). (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: terrible managers
worst place I ever worked, the managers are bullies and they hate it if you do not brown nose to them all the time. They use people then throw them away if your manager does not like you.
The office politics and tittle tackle is terrible with the character assassination of good workers being done by the career nutcases.
Sorry but I would never work – more... their again they treat people terrible, overload you with work then expect you to put 50 hour weeks in to clear it, if you don`t work over they fire you.
Sorry but I have a personal life as well as work. – less
Overall a good company to work for
Sr. Site Administrator/Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 26, 2014
Pros: great benefit program
Cons: changes in management during project duration; lack of consistency of philosophy
Enjoyed the structure and processes that were in place within the company. Has a great benefit package. Worked with some excellent people - talented, diligent in their work ethics. Most difficult part of the job was changing management, changing work ethics and standards. Most enjoyable part of job is that I love doing the kind of work I do.
Great group of people to work alongside.
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee), Medicine hat AlbertaJune 1, 2014
Pros: steady work, very orientated in safety!
Cons: living away from home.
Every person looks after each other in performing your tasks safely. A lot of returning workers year after year because the company and client respect you.
Overall very good work place
Project Manager (Current Employee), Long Beach OfficeJanuary 3, 2014
I learn a lot of management skills being working with Jacobs team.
Think twice work for Jacobs Calgary
Civil Engineer (Former Employee), CalgaryDecember 21, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: better than nothing benifit, worry about job security constantly
Majority of the middle management team are Indians. A lot of Indian work permit holders too. If you happen to be Caucasian, congratulations, you are the visual minority here.

Management is BS. At company/department scale meetings, they always tell you how great the company is doing while they constantly "vacation off" people (On the other hand, they – more... try best to keep Indians on work permit to get Immigration status).

The company has no standard way of performing technical designs since their engineers are from many different backgrounds. This is both good and bad. If you have a great team lead, it's good! If you happen to end up with a stupid lead, cry me a river! I would not recommend this company for anyone start out their career because chances are you are not going to learn the proper way.

Like any other EPCM companies, Jacobs is subjected to the Oil&Gas cycle. It's a good place to work for when the Canadian oil economy is doing good provide you don't under-perform too bad.

Think twice when the Canadian oil economy is not doing good. Then you will have to worry about company not getting new projects coming to work everyday. Kiss goodbye your lunch mates, friends. It's even more painful when you are forced to "take vacation". And eventually, maybe get layed off. ( They will put your name under the resignation list when they show people in the next meeting)

Depends on your department and the team you are working for. There are good and bad people you have to deal with. Best of luck! – less
Big Name - Small Culture
Project Controls (Former Employee), Querry Park, Calgary, ABDecember 20, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: no career growth...worst company to work for...
Worst company to work for. The Management has no skills. They work less and do politics more. Totally Hippocratic.
great team spirt
Nightshift superintendent shutdown JPM (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 25, 2013
Provide site level coordination and supervision of work crews,
I learned how to balance multiple personalities creating a safe positive, productive work environment .
The high pace of shut downs with new people proved challenging yet rewarding .
I enjoyed the daily banter of our group .The day always started upbeat and a good morning
New Construction for sulfer emmission control Syncrude Rigging Fitting Bolt-ups
Syncrude Steam Fitter (Former Employee), Syncrude Refinery AlbertaNovember 9, 2013
Pros: being able to work and learn feel safe in a mammouth construction site
Cons: work ended
Good Management and communication, Excellant safty program, All equip. good condition and available Great leadership and enjoyable co-workers
DC Staff be Aware
Document Controller (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 19, 2013
There is too much work at this office. You can work 70 hour weeks and not be caught up.
Do not trust management. HR leaks information. The manager is a bully.
Co-Workers are great, for the most part, there are some abusive people, and nothing seems to be done about them so it continues. Nepotism does exist for sure. Women should watch out for sexual – more... harassment, and then to be labelled a trouble maker and black listed. – less
Office Admin
Office Administration (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 18, 2013
I was only at Jacobs Engineering for a short time and only worked as Office Admin.
Service Company
PPM & Program Interface Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 15, 2013
Like all Service companies, Susceptible to the Ups & Downs of the Oil & Gas Industry
Nepotism to the extreme
maintenance technician (Former Employee), IRVING OIL REFINERY SAINT JOHN N.B.May 20, 2013
Pros: payday
Cons: every other day
Worked im maintenance for a client.Executing work orders.Learned that their philosophy is if you want to get ahead you have to bring out the knives.Favouritism was the order of the day.Management on the site are a bunch of paranoid control freaks who encourage finking and demand blind loyalty.If oyu get injured they treat you like a criminal.They peddle – more... their culture of caring,then break WNB rules regarding incident reporting.Co-workers were ok.Hardest part of job was watching the atmosphere change from let's go to work to "watch your back".Most enjoyable part of the job was the physical job itself. – less
Not the best place to work but maybe not the worst
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), EdmontonApril 25, 2013
Management does not speak about what is wanted. Favortism. Mens club. Women are not invited into the mens club. Senority and wages mean nothing.
Think first, before applying to this company
timekeeper (Former Employee), albertaFebruary 1, 2013
Cons: lots of ot, no life at all
I’m so glad I’m not working for Jacobs anymore. I’ve worked for 2-straight weeks as a clerk and management never appreciated or cared about it. Managers don’t recognize their employee’s hardwork. Discrimination and Racism is definitely practiced among upper/senior management. Not the most promising company to work for. Once project is done, they’ll – more... lay you off as quick as possible. No advancement either, and training was very poor. – less

February 15, 2013

They use you then throw you away, spot on with that comment. With regard to back biting again watch your back because some of the team leads do talk behind your back and try and stir up trouble particularly if your good at your job and quick to get things done.

March 28, 2013

I suggest you think first before applying to this company, I worked with them for 3 years and when they lost the project I was working on they gave assurances that they still had plenty of work for the engineers, just as the work was completed. I was made redundant in a very painful way. I wonder why they made false promises about having future work to keep everybody. I am glad I left because I got a better job. Will never work for them again, a lot of discrimination and Racism.

BEWARE Document Controllers
Lead Document Control (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: money was good, benefits are good
Cons: nobody should have to work like this
Co-workers where great to work around. Learned allot about slow Live Link. The Management just stinks in this department, very rude, and always looking over your shoulder, snarky, actually feels like your always on egg shells so BEWARE of this stressful environment.
Working at Belle Plaine mine site was great because I got to do lots of different things there
reinforcing ironworker (Former Employee), Regina, SKNovember 14, 2012
Pros: was good place work
Cons: we didn`t get travel time or gas allowance for travelling to site each day
Started with a prejob safety talk and prejob safety clearance form and work order .went you my area to fab up rebar or tie up rebar.I learned about the mining industtry and how things were made out of potash.I worked closely with different groups mainly carpenters but other trades too.The hardest part of job is I was a one man crew and sometimes was – more... rushed to get done.It was a good place to work and I got to do all sides of the rebar industry from estimating to fabbing to placing and tieing it and was good at that – less
Looking for Challenging role with room to grow
Int.Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 21, 2012
Lots of work but looking for something more challenging.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Excellent wages and friendly environment
JR. DOCUMENT CONTROL (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 28, 2012
Pros: benefits and wages
Cons: too much overtime
A typical day at work would consist of document control and data entry, filing and records management.
I learned about engineering drawings and how to quality check.
Friendly environment and fun to work with fellow employees.
The hardest part of the job was the overtime. They required too much overtime to get the job done on time.

The most enjoyable – more... part was the variety of work to be done and always busy. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Jacobs

Jacobs Engineering fuels its rise up the ladder with oil, gas, and chemicals. The group provides technical, professional, and – Read more