Jacobs Employee Reviews

Good family oriented working environment
Instrumentation Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 May 2016
A typical day at work is just like any ordinary desk work where you are just on your computer throughout the day.
What I learned from this company is their culture of caring for the business, your goals and self improvement, and the well being of their employees.
Management is average and can be improve better.
Co-workers or colleagues are probably the best thing about this company. Very friendly and family oriented environment.
Hardest part of the job probably be sometimes trying to meet deadlines with such tight schedules.
Most enjoyable part of the job is probably the people you work with and the somewhat relaxed nature of the work depending on which position in the company you're in.
Pros
Corporate Challenge, Coffee breaks, Friendly work environment, room for career advancement
Jacobs is the best
Principal Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 November 2016
I worked for this company almost 10 years, and year by year I felt it is my home. The work environmet, culture, ease of obtaining technical documents and resorces were excellent.
Pros
Fun, Energetic colleague
Cons
Job security
Good people.
Senior Instrumentation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2016
Work/life balance was good, salary was competitive, job security not great and too much focus on work sharing with overseas offices.
Teamork
Manager of Project Accounting Field Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2016
Jacobs had to be the best example of team work that I have ever seen. Team members would actively seek out to help other team members when their work duties allowed it rather than sitting with nothing to do. This was a top down management style where everyone was prepared to pitch in to ensure monthly deadlines and requirements were met. Team members actively coached and mentored other team members by sharing knowledge, job skills and experience.
Pros
work environment
Cons
Drive to job location from residence
Productive,Enjoyable and Safe Workplace
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2016
Very Good and Healthy and Safe workplace with plenty of opportunity to Grew.

Very good potential to learn and develop technical and managerial skills
Work share culture is good to handle with other Jacobs offices.
Pros
Good Social Events
Cons
Clumsy Management
Productive work environment
Sr Subcontracts Specialist, JFSL/NWR Project (Current Employee) –  Redwater, AB17 October 2016
Great home office management .support for field staff. As a previous employee I was happy to return. As this type of work is project based, it eventually comes to an end and in this current work environment no future opportunities are available with this company
Good
Principal Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2016
Co-workers are friendly, I learned a lot in this company. Management is effective. There are all knids of social clubs inside the company such as Jacobs future, toast masters which is attractive for the young people
awesome company
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
working at Jacobs is the besting in my life because all of my co-workers there are very polite and friendly, they always smiling at you specially my Piping Department Manager.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
long hours but enjoying
Great place to work, Great staff and management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albert, MB12 April 2016
Great place to work, Great staff and management. Supports career and hard work. Large scale organisation. Fantastic people.
Pros
Great place to work, Great staff and management
Cons
Jacobs - decent company, great people
F.Q. Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 March 2016
A great place to work with lots of growth and learning opportunities. Salary is not that great but people are amazing. Management was great until they started losing lots of projects.
Very cold
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Come By Chance, NL29 November 2016
Cold and wet weather for most of the time. Long hours and very little parking .but the people were great to work with. Learned a lot when I was there.
Great place to work, enjoy the sense of comradery
Project Procurement Lead/ Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 June 2016
My time at Jacobs has been fulfilling, they have helped paved my path to where I am today. Jacobs has given me the tools to effectively complete my job and management is always available when needed.
Smaller group inside of a bigger group
Manager of Close Out / Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 June 2016
Still very much a boys club.. A day at work is very stressful knowing if you are going to get laid off or not. Hardest part of the day was working with people that should not be there because being there is when senior management wont deal with HR issues properly.
good job
Civil General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB9 August 2016
good place to work excellent safety culture great people excellent cooperation between trades lots of safety incentives able to advance if so minded
Very Good Safety, Quality and Delivery Oriented Company
Project Controls Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2015
It’s a FORTUNE 500 Company with excellence in Project Management, Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Maintenance (EPC & M). Jacobs Engineering is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services. With annual revenues of nearly $12 billion, it’s a US company based with global network includes more than 160 offices in more than 20 countries. Which have operations in North America, the United Kingdom, mainland Europe, Australia, and Asia. (Headquarters are in Pasadena, California, America)
Pros
Salary, Safe Work Culture
Cons
Job Security
Very professional, EPC philosophy, full of opportunities and challenges
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2016
The day at work is enjoyable. Multiple projects that offers opportunities to learned. People is very friendly and you can enjoy a good coffee in Jacobs cafetiere.
Jacobs facilities are open from Monday to Sunday so you can achieve your professional goals and enjoy good family time
Pros
Big company, easy to work there
I&C Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2016
Excellent co-workers and a good work culture. Standards are good focus on safety is a major item for Jacobs. Lots of work to be done in overhead management to remain competitive and tough economic environment.
A Very Diverse Company
Sr. Project Manager - Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON & Edmonton, AB6 January 2016
Working at E.S. Fox required long days and a good workload. I have learned to Diversify myself and be able to deal with many situations.
Management is Good pending on the location - Executive Management is Excellent, great Co-workers.
Hardest part of the Job was the need to Travel at times to projects and being away from your Family.
Most enjoyable time was retreats and satisfaction for a Job well done.
Pros
Supportive Executive Management
Cons
Long Hours
Fun and dynamic place to work.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2016
Majority of the work is project oriented with tight deadliness and strict budgets. Lots of noon hour learning sessions given on industry concepts (for example: heavy oil production). The concept of relationship based contracts takes away the antagonistic attitudes of clients so they are genuinely fun to work with.
Pros
Good project leadership. Lots of parking at Quarry Park location.
Cons
None come to mind
Enjoyed working with the diverse background of employees
H&S Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 November 2016
Really enjoyed interacting with all personnel on site, from the client (Shell) to various other contractors. Every day was a learning experience; challenging at times when issues arose but I was always able to call on my supervisor for guidance and direction.
I would not hesitate to work for Jacobs again should the opportunity arise.