Jacobs Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Very Good Safety, Quality and Delivery Oriented Company
Project Controls Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Salary, Safe Work Culture
Cons: Job Security
It’s a FORTUNE 500 Company with excellence in Project Management, Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Maintenance (EPC & M). Jacobs Engineering is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services. With annual revenues of nearly $12 billion, it’s a US company based with global network includes more than 160 offices in more than 20 countries. Which have operations in North America, the United Kingdom, mainland Europe, Australia, and Asia. (Headquarters are in Pasadena, California, America)
Jacobs - decent company, great people
F.Q. Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 30, 2016
A great place to work with lots of growth and learning opportunities. Salary is not that great but people are amazing. Management was great until they started losing lots of projects.
Great Company / Struggles with Consistency
Systems Specialist - JPI Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 15, 2016
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: Lots of middle management
Jacobs is an Engineering company that grows through acquisition; this allows them to leverage their many different lines of business and their many employees (65,000+). Since they are so diverse they do sometimes struggle to maintain consistent work practises.
Good work culture, friendly
Structural Technologist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2016
Pros: free lunches, learning opportunities
Cons: salary
I had learnt a lot at this company. Everyone there was friendly and always ready to help. The manager is always available to sort out what ever problem you have (strictly professional).
Highly Structured and Industry Leaders
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 25, 2015
Pros: High level of motivation for dedicated individuals
Cons: Extremely tight timelines on projects
I found Jacobs as an exciting place to work where I have lots of opportunities to learn and apply my knowledge.

My stay at Jacobs was a fun and exciting time where I learned a lot of project management skills and met a variety of people with solid experience in their technical field.

Jacobs gave me confidence to polish my management and technical knowledge and I was able to discover my leadership style which has boosted my career to the next senior management level.
Good place
Red Seal Steam and Pipefitter (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 1, 2016
Pros: Good company
Cons: Not enough work
I have worked for this company two different times. The first time the super was not favorable. My foreman was good and the crew i worked with were great guys. The second time i worked for them it was a good experience. I had a great foreman and a great crew. Look forward to working with them again.
production and morale was great
Labourer/Bobcat Operator at Syncrude (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 13, 2016
Pros: nice room and good food
Cons: long periods away from home
Hard work and cooperation from management team made working away from home good.

Worked with a good team which made going to work fun and production. Happy workers are good workers
Great experience for me and a good way for me to learn about EPC
Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2016
I was treated with respect, and was able to get help whenever I needed. The people I worked with were some of the smartest, and nicest people I've ever met. It was overall a fantastic experience for me.
My recommendation
1) Senior Mechanical Engineer - Valve Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2016
It was a nice company to work with. Friendly atmosphere.
Project engineering work for various client.
Mechanical lead work was busy every day.
Learned about pumping station and terminal for the oil transporting client.
good and safe work place
scaffolder (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 9, 2016
Pros: good money
Cons: last job no camp, no flight
i liked to work for jacobs they were a good compagnie ,ive learn alot from good journeyman,i loved hard work like scaffolding ,i liked challange,good safety but i want jobs with flight and camp
Long time employee
Process Design and Drafting (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Work at Cosyn for a total of 12 years. Gained many years of experience in the oil and gas industry working on projects small to large for Syncrude.
Good company to work for.
Planner (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
SSPA is a very good communication company to work there. Their staff is very kind and friendly. I like the location of the company.
Productive and fun place to work
Supply Chain Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 29, 2015
Typical 40-45 hour weeks with OT depending on project requirements. Good gym in the building. Cube environment was one of the nicer ones I have seen.
very nice working environment
Senior Piping Engineer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 7, 2015
Pros: location downtown is awesome
Cons: long commute
Woking with different people is always a challenge at first , since you have to let them know you and for you to know them. Working attitude is very professional, working space was amazing the open concept with out those tall cubicles i loved it.

The friends that i made along the way, i'm gonna miss them.
love my job
journeyman scaffolder (Former Employee), albertaOctober 8, 2015
The positive thing to do stay focus be safe safety is the key aspect in life look out for oneself and our coworkers. I work fo I work for them a few time over the past 10 year o on shutdowns smal small contracts they are very family I take my hat of t to Jacobs I feel very proud looking fo I feel very proud working for a company
Overworked big time.
Procurement Specialist(Contract). (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: terrible managers
worst place I ever worked, the managers are bullies and they hate it if you do not brown nose to them all the time. They use people then throw them away if your manager does not like you.
The office politics and tittle tackle is terrible with the character assassination of good workers being done by the career nutcases.
Sorry but I would never work their again they treat people terrible, overload you with work then expect you to put 50 hour weeks in to clear it, if you don`t work over they fire you.
Sorry but I have a personal life as well as work.
Friendly and enjoyable team environment, Great work experience with knowledgeable staff and interesting projects.
Senior Piping Designer/Checker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 26, 2015
Pros: Staff Benefits
Cons: None
Great benefits and good people to work with
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Work life balance.
Cons: Current work front is poor.
Great company to work for, they walk the walk and talk the talk. Best part is that we work a 9 hour day, bank 1 hour per day and get every second Friday off. Overtime is not a requirement this provides a comfortable work life balance. The companies "beyond Zero" safety policy is something that shows the company cares about its employees.
fun place to work
Jr. Project Manager - Shell Downstream Program (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
great co-workers, no benefits. not a typical 9 to 5. lots of work. if you enjoy traveling as part of your work and there is lots of chances for that.
Nepotism to the extreme
maintenance technician (Former Employee), IRVING OIL REFINERY SAINT JOHN N.B.May 20, 2013
Pros: payday
Cons: every other day
Worked im maintenance for a client.Executing work orders.Learned that their philosophy is if you want to get ahead you have to bring out the knives.Favouritism was the order of the day.Management on the site are a bunch of paranoid control freaks who encourage finking and demand blind loyalty.If oyu get injured they treat you like a criminal.They peddle their culture of caring,then break WNB rules regarding incident reporting.Co-workers were ok.Hardest part of job was watching the atmosphere change from let's go to work to "watch your back".Most enjoyable part of the job was the physical job itself.
Headquarters