Jacobs Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to work, enjoy the sense of comradery
Project Procurement Lead/ Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 28, 2016
My time at Jacobs has been fulfilling, they have helped paved my path to where I am today. Jacobs has given me the tools to effectively complete my job and management is always available when needed.
Smaller group inside of a bigger group
Manager of Close Out / Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 23, 2016
Still very much a boys club.. A day at work is very stressful knowing if you are going to get laid off or not. Hardest part of the day was working with people that should not be there because being there is when senior management wont deal with HR issues properly.
Completed 3 projects with each time a fresh team
Dy. Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 1, 2016
- the best project was the Agrium, Carseland project that was awarded to Jacobs on nomination as all other EPC refused to bid for project being a petro-chemical project.
- the project was awarded due to my experience in petrochemical
- enjoyed the project and the motivated team
- completed the project on time
Good people.
Senior Instrumentation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 24, 2016
Work/life balance was good, salary was competitive, job security not great and too much focus on work sharing with overseas offices.
Good family oriented working environment
Instrumentation Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 18, 2016
A typical day at work is just like any ordinary desk work where you are just on your computer throughout the day.
What I learned from this company is their culture of caring for the business, your goals and self improvement, and the well being of their employees.
Management is average and can be improve better.
Co-workers or colleagues are probably the best thing about this company. Very friendly and family oriented environment.
Hardest part of the job probably be sometimes trying to meet deadlines with such tight schedules.
Most enjoyable part of the job is probably the people you work with and the somewhat relaxed nature of the work depending on which position in the company you're in.
Pros
Corporate Challenge, Coffee breaks, Friendly work environment, room for career advancement
Productive,Enjoyable and Safe Workplace
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2016
Very Good and Healthy and Safe workplace with plenty of opportunity to Grew.

Very good potential to learn and develop technical and managerial skills
Work share culture is good to handle with other Jacobs offices.
Pros
Good Social Events
Cons
Clumsy Management
Fun workplace with some social networking and extra curricular activities
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 5, 2016
I am looking for project coordinator/ project controls position in challenging organization where I could have have learning opportunities for my professional development as well as fun time with my co workers so that we could work like a team and bring out great results.
Pros
Free lunches and social activities
Cons
long job hours to meet deadlines
Great Company to work for job work/Life balance
DOCUMENT CONTROLLER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 21, 2016
Love the work schedule. Having at least 1 friday off a month was great so you can get any appointments done or just time with the family.
Great co-worker, Grest team atmosphere.
The salary and benefits are good
Pros
Great work schedule
Cons
No parking or expensive Parking
production and morale was great
Labourer/Bobcat Operator at Syncrude (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 13, 2016
Hard work and cooperation from management team made working away from home good.

Worked with a good team which made going to work fun and production. Happy workers are good workers
Pros
nice room and good food
Cons
long periods away from home
Great place to work, Great staff and management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albert, MBApril 12, 2016
Great place to work, Great staff and management. Supports career and hard work. Large scale organisation. Fantastic people.
Pros
Great place to work, Great staff and management
Intermediate Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 2, 2016
There was a culture of caring in the workplace, wherein employers and employees built a personal relationship with safety, and to take responsibility for safety not only for their own selves but for others as well. Respect for people and environment was greatly emphasized and courage to demonstrate care.
Pros
Earned Day Offs
Cons
Long work hours
Jacobs - decent company, great people
F.Q. Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 30, 2016
A great place to work with lots of growth and learning opportunities. Salary is not that great but people are amazing. Management was great until they started losing lots of projects.
Great Company / Struggles with Consistency
Systems Specialist - JPI Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 15, 2016
Jacobs is an Engineering company that grows through acquisition; this allows them to leverage their many different lines of business and their many employees (65,000+). Since they are so diverse they do sometimes struggle to maintain consistent work practises.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Lots of middle management
good and safe work place
scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 9, 2016
i liked to work for jacobs they were a good compagnie ,ive learn alot from good journeyman,i loved hard work like scaffolding ,i liked challange,good safety but i want jobs with flight and camp
Pros
good money
Cons
last job no camp, no flight
Good place
Red Seal Steam and Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 1, 2016
I have worked for this company two different times. The first time the super was not favorable. My foreman was good and the crew i worked with were great guys. The second time i worked for them it was a good experience. I had a great foreman and a great crew. Look forward to working with them again.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Not enough work
I&C Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2016
Excellent co-workers and a good work culture. Standards are good focus on safety is a major item for Jacobs. Lots of work to be done in overhead management to remain competitive and tough economic environment.
Good work culture, friendly
Structural Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2016
I had learnt a lot at this company. Everyone there was friendly and always ready to help. The manager is always available to sort out what ever problem you have (strictly professional).
Pros
free lunches, learning opportunities
Cons
salary
Great experience for me and a good way for me to learn about EPC
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2016
I was treated with respect, and was able to get help whenever I needed. The people I worked with were some of the smartest, and nicest people I've ever met. It was overall a fantastic experience for me.
My recommendation
1) Senior Mechanical Engineer - Valve Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2016
It was a nice company to work with. Friendly atmosphere.
Project engineering work for various client.
Mechanical lead work was busy every day.
Learned about pumping station and terminal for the oil transporting client.
Good company to work for.
Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
SSPA is a very good communication company to work there. Their staff is very kind and friendly. I like the location of the company.