Jacobs Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace with some social networking and extra curricular activities
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2016
Pros: Free lunches and social activities
Cons: long job hours to meet deadlines
I am looking for project coordinator/ project controls position in challenging organization where I could have have learning opportunities for my professional development as well as fun time with my co workers so that we could work like a team and bring out great results.
Great Company to work for job work/Life balance
DOCUMENT CONTROLLER (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 21, 2016
Pros: Great work schedule
Cons: No parking or expensive Parking
Love the work schedule. Having at least 1 friday off a month was great so you can get any appointments done or just time with the family.
Great co-worker, Grest team atmosphere.
The salary and benefits are good
production and morale was great
Labourer/Bobcat Operator at Syncrude (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 13, 2016
Pros: nice room and good food
Cons: long periods away from home
Hard work and cooperation from management team made working away from home good.

Worked with a good team which made going to work fun and production. Happy workers are good workers
Great place to work, Great staff and management
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Albert, MBApril 12, 2016
Pros: Great place to work, Great staff and management
Cons: None
Great place to work, Great staff and management. Supports career and hard work. Large scale organisation. Fantastic people.
Intermediate Document Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 2, 2016
Pros: Earned Day Offs
Cons: Long work hours
There was a culture of caring in the workplace, wherein employers and employees built a personal relationship with safety, and to take responsibility for safety not only for their own selves but for others as well. Respect for people and environment was greatly emphasized and courage to demonstrate care.
Jacobs - decent company, great people
F.Q. Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 30, 2016
A great place to work with lots of growth and learning opportunities. Salary is not that great but people are amazing. Management was great until they started losing lots of projects.
Great Company / Struggles with Consistency
Systems Specialist - JPI Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 15, 2016
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: Lots of middle management
Jacobs is an Engineering company that grows through acquisition; this allows them to leverage their many different lines of business and their many employees (65,000+). Since they are so diverse they do sometimes struggle to maintain consistent work practises.
good and safe work place
scaffolder (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 9, 2016
Pros: good money
Cons: last job no camp, no flight
i liked to work for jacobs they were a good compagnie ,ive learn alot from good journeyman,i loved hard work like scaffolding ,i liked challange,good safety but i want jobs with flight and camp
Good place
Red Seal Steam and Pipefitter (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 1, 2016
Pros: Good company
Cons: Not enough work
I have worked for this company two different times. The first time the super was not favorable. My foreman was good and the crew i worked with were great guys. The second time i worked for them it was a good experience. I had a great foreman and a great crew. Look forward to working with them again.
I&C Lead (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2016
Excellent co-workers and a good work culture. Standards are good focus on safety is a major item for Jacobs. Lots of work to be done in overhead management to remain competitive and tough economic environment.
Good work culture, friendly
Structural Technologist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2016
Pros: free lunches, learning opportunities
Cons: salary
I had learnt a lot at this company. Everyone there was friendly and always ready to help. The manager is always available to sort out what ever problem you have (strictly professional).
Great experience for me and a good way for me to learn about EPC
Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2016
I was treated with respect, and was able to get help whenever I needed. The people I worked with were some of the smartest, and nicest people I've ever met. It was overall a fantastic experience for me.
My recommendation
1) Senior Mechanical Engineer - Valve Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2016
It was a nice company to work with. Friendly atmosphere.
Project engineering work for various client.
Mechanical lead work was busy every day.
Learned about pumping station and terminal for the oil transporting client.
Good company to work for.
Planner (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
SSPA is a very good communication company to work there. Their staff is very kind and friendly. I like the location of the company.
Jacobs was a fun and engaging place to work.
Instrument & Controls Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2016
Jacobs was a fun and engaging place to work. It offered career advancement opportunities and also many different work challenges to help people learn and grow.
Excellent company
Office Services Clerk/ Receptionist (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 25, 2016
I loved working for Jacobs. All employees are friendly and helpful. My manager and supervisor were wonderful persons who always made sure that the staff feel like home. they became good friends to all of us and in the summer we went to their house for barbqs. My manager and supervisor many times covered my work so I can attend lunch meetings and voluntary work within the company. They encouraged me to learn as much as possible in office services and reception.
Long time employee
Process Design and Drafting (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Work at Cosyn for a total of 12 years. Gained many years of experience in the oil and gas industry working on projects small to large for Syncrude.
A Very Diverse Company
Sr. Project Manager - Division Manager (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ON & Edmonton, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: Supportive Executive Management
Cons: Long Hours
Working at E.S. Fox required long days and a good workload. I have learned to Diversify myself and be able to deal with many situations.
Management is Good pending on the location - Executive Management is Excellent, great Co-workers.
Hardest part of the Job was the need to Travel at times to projects and being away from your Family.
Most enjoyable time was retreats and satisfaction for a Job well done.
Productive and fun place to work
Supply Chain Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 29, 2015
Typical 40-45 hour weeks with OT depending on project requirements. Good gym in the building. Cube environment was one of the nicer ones I have seen.
it is tolerable
Scaffolder (Current Employee), Saint John, NBNovember 9, 2015
Pros: im home every night
Cons: im not paid for travel and the rate of pay is the lowest in canada.
A tipical day at work for me , i sign on a safe work permit the i do a hazzard assessment for the task at hand.most of my co-workers are pleasent ,the hardest part of the job is the commute to work.the most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge of building scaffolding in akward places.
Headquarters