Jacobs

Jacobs Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overworked big time.
Procurement Specialist(Contract). (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: terrible managers
worst place I ever worked, the managers are bullies and they hate it if you do not brown nose to them all the time. They use people then throw them away if your manager does not like you.
The office politics and tittle tackle is terrible with the character assassination of good workers being done by the career nutcases.
Sorry but I would never work – more... their again they treat people terrible, overload you with work then expect you to put 50 hour weeks in to clear it, if you don`t work over they fire you.
Sorry but I have a personal life as well as work. – less
Great group of people to work alongside.
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee), Medicine hat AlbertaJune 1, 2014
Pros: steady work, very orientated in safety!
Cons: living away from home.
Every person looks after each other in performing your tasks safely. A lot of returning workers year after year because the company and client respect you.
Think twice work for Jacobs Calgary
Civil Engineer (Former Employee), CalgaryDecember 21, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: better than nothing benifit, worry about job security constantly
Majority of the middle management team are Indians. A lot of Indian work permit holders too. If you happen to be Caucasian, congratulations, you are the visual minority here.

Management is BS. At company/department scale meetings, they always tell you how great the company is doing while they constantly "vacation off" people (On the other hand, they – more... try best to keep Indians on work permit to get Immigration status).

The company has no standard way of performing technical designs since their engineers are from many different backgrounds. This is both good and bad. If you have a great team lead, it's good! If you happen to end up with a stupid lead, cry me a river! I would not recommend this company for anyone start out their career because chances are you are not going to learn the proper way.

Like any other EPCM companies, Jacobs is subjected to the Oil&Gas cycle. It's a good place to work for when the Canadian oil economy is doing good provide you don't under-perform too bad.

Think twice when the Canadian oil economy is not doing good. Then you will have to worry about company not getting new projects coming to work everyday. Kiss goodbye your lunch mates, friends. It's even more painful when you are forced to "take vacation". And eventually, maybe get layed off. ( They will put your name under the resignation list when they show people in the next meeting)

Depends on your department and the team you are working for. There are good and bad people you have to deal with. Best of luck! – less
Big Name - Small Culture
Project Controls (Former Employee), Querry Park, Calgary, ABDecember 20, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: no career growth...worst company to work for...
Worst company to work for. The Management has no skills. They work less and do politics more. Totally Hippocratic.
great team spirt
Nightshift superintendent shutdown JPM (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 25, 2013
Provide site level coordination and supervision of work crews,
I learned how to balance multiple personalities creating a safe positive, productive work environment .
The high pace of shut downs with new people proved challenging yet rewarding .
I enjoyed the daily banter of our group .The day always started upbeat and a good morning
New Construction for sulfer emmission control Syncrude Rigging Fitting Bolt-ups
Syncrude Steam Fitter (Former Employee), Syncrude Refinery AlbertaNovember 9, 2013
Pros: being able to work and learn feel safe in a mammouth construction site
Cons: work ended
Good Management and communication, Excellant safty program, All equip. good condition and available Great leadership and enjoyable co-workers
Run professionally
Payroll Administrator/Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: continually learning new areas to keep me challanged
Cons: traveling back and forth from fort mac to cnrl
Travel in by coach to CNRL.
Stretching, payroll, ac/ap and travel logistics.
Learned new things everyday.
Management available anytime.
Hardest part was traveling back and forth from Wood buffalo.
So many things to learn and the best is that because I love to be challenged always.
DC Staff be Aware
Document Controller (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 19, 2013
There is too much work at this office. You can work 70 hour weeks and not be caught up.
Do not trust management. HR leaks information. The manager is a bully.
Co-Workers are great, for the most part, there are some abusive people, and nothing seems to be done about them so it continues. Nepotism does exist for sure. Women should watch out for sexual – more... harassment, and then to be labelled a trouble maker and black listed. – less
Office Admin
Office Administration (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 18, 2013
I was only at Jacobs Engineering for a short time and only worked as Office Admin.
Nepotism to the extreme
maintenance technician (Former Employee), IRVING OIL REFINERY SAINT JOHN N.B.May 20, 2013
Pros: payday
Cons: every other day
Worked im maintenance for a client.Executing work orders.Learned that their philosophy is if you want to get ahead you have to bring out the knives.Favouritism was the order of the day.Management on the site are a bunch of paranoid control freaks who encourage finking and demand blind loyalty.If oyu get injured they treat you like a criminal.They peddle – more... their culture of caring,then break WNB rules regarding incident reporting.Co-workers were ok.Hardest part of job was watching the atmosphere change from let's go to work to "watch your back".Most enjoyable part of the job was the physical job itself. – less
Not the best place to work but maybe not the worst
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), EdmontonApril 25, 2013
Management does not speak about what is wanted. Favortism. Mens club. Women are not invited into the mens club. Senority and wages mean nothing.
Think first, before applying to this company
timekeeper (Former Employee), albertaFebruary 1, 2013
Cons: lots of ot, no life at all
I’m so glad I’m not working for Jacobs anymore. I’ve worked for 2-straight weeks as a clerk and management never appreciated or cared about it. Managers don’t recognize their employee’s hardwork. Discrimination and Racism is definitely practiced among upper/senior management. Not the most promising company to work for. Once project is done, they’ll – more... lay you off as quick as possible. No advancement either, and training was very poor. – less

Useandabuse – February 15, 2013

They use you then throw you away, spot on with that comment. With regard to back biting again watch your back because some of the team leads do talk behind your back and try and stir up trouble particularly if your good at your job and quick to get things done.

Dannz – March 28, 2013

I suggest you think first before applying to this company, I worked with them for 3 years and when they lost the project I was working on they gave assurances that they still had plenty of work for the engineers, just as the work was completed. I was made redundant in a very painful way. I wonder why they made false promises about having future work to keep everybody. I am glad I left because I got a better job. Will never work for them again, a lot of discrimination and Racism.

BEWARE Document Controllers
Lead Document Control (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: money was good, benefits are good
Cons: nobody should have to work like this
Co-workers where great to work around. Learned allot about slow Live Link. The Management just stinks in this department, very rude, and always looking over your shoulder, snarky, actually feels like your always on egg shells so BEWARE of this stressful environment.
Looking for Challenging role with room to grow
Int.Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 21, 2012
Lots of work but looking for something more challenging.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Excellent wages and friendly environment
JR. DOCUMENT CONTROL (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 28, 2012
Pros: benefits and wages
Cons: too much overtime
A typical day at work would consist of document control and data entry, filing and records management.
I learned about engineering drawings and how to quality check.
Friendly environment and fun to work with fellow employees.
The hardest part of the job was the overtime. They required too much overtime to get the job done on time.

The most enjoyable – more... part was the variety of work to be done and always busy. – less
caring company, but lacks opportunities
Accounting (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 17, 2014
Pros: fridays off or half days
Cons: health care expensive, compensation, lack of opportunities
The company has a great work/life balance, allowing the employees to work flexible schedules - some schedules have off on Fridays, some have half days. There are lots of employee appreciation activities and events company-wide. the health care benefits are extremely high as well. my department in accounting has great people, compassionate managers. – more... Unfortunately the pay is not the best when working from the bottom upwards. If you transfer from a different company the managers are more willing to offer a competitive salary, but do not reward its own employees. There are also not many opportunities to grow. There are very few managerial positions, but nothing else available in terms of diverse accounting positions being a very small group. if you are fine with having a "job" for the next 10 years then this would be perfect, but if looking for a place where you can grow and develop a career then consider somewhere else. – less
Productive and fun workplace.
Safety/ Industrial Hygiene Intern (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: flexible time, off every other fridays.
Cons: lack of communication sometimes, have to follow up to make sure job is done correctly.
Typical work day is answer hotline that we have. The calls consist of safety questions, concerns, and incidents that we may have. I also perform industrial hygiene tasks. Recently I've been taking noise dosimeter surveys for our noise assessments. I have also perform asbestos sampling as well as indoor air quality sampling. I get along great with my – more... co workers, they have taught me many things. The hardest part about my job is probably the communication throughout the facility. I sometimes have to go back and follow up on tasks to make sure they are done correctly and safely. The most enjoyable part about my job is making sure that everyone is safe and taken care of. I like to make people happy. – less
Military test equipment for support of our contries defense
Assistant Technologist (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MDJuly 16, 2014
Lead position as a EMI technician and the working face to face with the customers with their test product.
Good place to work, but work load was always up and down, never consistant
Sr. Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 15, 2014
Jacobs is good place to work but is getting away from detail design in the Lakeland office. Co-workers good to work with. Had 24 yrs. with Jacobs
Excellent company to work for
Real Property Specialist/Facility Manager (Current Employee), Stennis Space Center, MS 39529July 15, 2014
Pros: benefits
Very positive and very employee oriented. Pro family and pro education.

1 2 3 4 5

About Jacobs

Jacobs Engineering fuels its rise up the ladder with oil, gas, and chemicals. The group provides technical, professional, and – Read more