Jacob Employee Reviews in Canada

Very structured and comfortable work enviroment
WAREHOUSE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioMay 19, 2015
Jacob was a great company to work for and they always work on training the staff to move up in the company, on the downside of that training, because it was a small company with a small number of stores there was not as much growth as I would hope. The management with in the store as well as Head Office were always there to help an employee when it was needed and took an interest in their employees and would do their best to accomidate when there were personal problems in the employees lives.
Jacob Review
Sales Signature (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2015
A typical day at work would involve opening the store, setting up the cash desk, briefing the staff on the KPI's on the day and their goals. Once the store is open, assisting customers with their needs while making sure the day to day operations got done. As well as payroll and inventory.

At Jacob I learned all about how store operations run. Everything from loss prevention to KPI's and how the littlest of details can help bring a store to its full potential.

My co-workers were fantastic. We had a very motivated and hard working team. All thanks to the great management that was in place.

The hardest part of my job was getting the electro statics to stay on the window. They could be so stubborn.

The most enjoyable part of the job was styling the customers to their specifications and seeing how that right outfit can change their mood.
journeyman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 26, 2015
Working in the environment this opportunity allowed me a chance to sharpen my leadership skills and assist with special projects
I spent 12 years in various locations/ management positions
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Many across Lower Mainland Vancouver, B.C.October 29, 2014
I loved my job with Jacob. This was a career for me as I moved to many locations across the lower mainland in the highest volume locations in Western Canada. This company was well structured and maintained its people through values. I learned to many skills including sales driving, standard implementing, loss prevention, visual standards, human resources, team building. My job position titles were Assistant Manager, Associate Manager, Store Manager, Visual Manager . I choose to move to the island for a better life for my son with my family support and better quality of life for him. At that time Jacob unfortunately did not have a position to continue my service with them. They have now since closed their doors for good.
Pros
culture, growth, salary, benefits, bonuses
Productive and professional workplace
Sales Associate/Cash (Former Employee) –  MarkvilleSeptember 29, 2014
A very professional slow paced setting. Met sales goals however, some days it would be very slow due to the fact that the mall was under construction. 50% off all clothing.
Productive fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2014
Kept up to date with sales promotions
learned five selling steps to achieve the store daily sale goals.
Management and sales associate worked together as a team
to ensure productivity of the store.
working with people with different perspectives of fashion
made for a wider range of style knowledge to accommodate every customers unique style.
Fun workplace with cooperative colleagues
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississaugga, ONSeptember 1, 2014
Working at Jacob has been amazing. The hours are great so far, approximately 30-35 hours a week. I've been trained on cash so there's more responsibility and challenges to face which is great.

Management is great, they accommodate every employee need, and create a good work-life balance with hours scheduled.

The hardest part of the job would be dealing with difficult customer needs however with patience, sympathy and problem solving skills, it's possible to overcome those difficulties.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the management and co workers. You spend so much of your week with them, that it's essential to get along to deliver the best service to customers. The people at this store are amazing to work with.
Great group of people, great culture
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  TorontoMay 20, 2014
Had a great experience at Jacob, have had the pleasure to work with some of the best people in the retail industry. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with my staff and customers
Great product, wonderful customers
Signature (Keyholder) (Current Employee) –  EdmontonFebruary 26, 2014
I've enjoyed my time at Jacob, but there is little opportunity for advancement.
Good student job
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QCDecember 11, 2013
Sales advisor, great team and excellent ambiance.
I loved the contact with clients.
The company is failing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaOctober 24, 2013
Upper management is horrible, they don't care about their staff. Horrible customer service
Pros
nothing
Cons
they don't care about their employees
Great work environment, friendly staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 14, 2013
Worked here for a temporary summer job during one of my relocations. Nothing special, but the staff did make the most of an intellectually void job. Did learn many conflict resolution skills which can be applied to any number of situations
Pros
easy hours
Cons
not stimulating
great company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey,B.CFebruary 14, 2013
I loved working at Jacob. I was there for 10 years and only left because I wanted to move into visuals and get out of management. The Head office is easy to deal with and the district manager is great.
Environnement de travail très agréable
Entretien ménager (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCOctober 24, 2014
Nous formions une famille. Même dans les moments difficiles nous gardions tous quand même le sourire.
Pros
50% de rabais
Cons
aucun