Jacob Bros. Construction

Jacob Bros. Construction Employee Reviews

Great company with solid core values
Pipelayer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 June 2017
During my 4 years at Jacob Bros. I watched the company grow and I was able to advance with them. It was a fun energetic work environment with support from supervisors whenever there were questions or problems. We always worked lots of hours and were well compensated for it. I recommend them to anyone I know looking for work in the lower mainland.
Pros
Good benefits, crew lunches from time to time
Cons
Commuting around the lower mainland.
If you experienced shouldnt be a problem but dont expect any training
Operator (Former Employee) –  British Columbia20 May 2017
Absolutely ZERO on the job training..avoid this company if told in interview there is training..long days with no breaks,, foreman at this company are brutal..
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No breaks
Great team, great workplace culture
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 March 2017
This is a team that works really well together. Expectations are high, but management puts everyone in a position to succeed. They enjoy challenges and reward successes. If you're really passionate about construction, this is the team for you.
Pros
Frequent on-site and office staff events
Great place to work. Good culture of health and safety. Great leadership.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  British Columbia30 May 2016
I enjoyed my time with Jacob Bros. and would work for them again anytime. The variety of work kept things interesting and if you work hard, your efforts will be recognized.
decent management
GENERAL CARPENTER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 January 2016
ok construction company to work for. most of the bosses are super nice. work can get a bit tedious though. days can be long and sometimes you're stuck working by yourself.
Good crew working well together to get a hard job done
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 March 2015
Jacob Bros. was a tremendous learning and growing experience for me. I worked with a wide variety of personalities and can confidently say we all got along well. I was taught the ability to power through extremely long hours (One crazy day of a 23 hour shift) and that a team is only as good as its weakest link. I loved learning all the new machinery and equipment involved in civil construction and when I was placed with a good crew, things went by swimmingly. There was to "typical day" at this job. Last summer I worked an a overpass project for the port of metro vancouver. From grading for paving, laying asphalt, rebar framing, compaction, drainage/pipe laying it was an all over the place job but developed me into a very adaptable worker.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Long Hours