Jackson's Toyota Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Terrible place
Product Advisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 December 2017
When I started it I really liked it. It was the first dealership to give me a chance so I took it despite all the negative things I’ve heard. Well now I can tell you first hand they are true. Management is an absolute joke ! They treat you like garbage and expect you to give your soul in return for terrible pay and zero respect. A number of the sales staff believe they walk on water and therefore will treat newcomers like scum. If you are looking for a job that sucks the life right out of you. Look no further.
Cons
Terrible management
Lost respect
Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 August 2017
Not a fun place to work in the last years or so very hight turn over rate throughout the dealership. Think twice before changing job's do your homework ask around before considering
Don't waste your time
Service (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 April 2017
As a previous year long employee at Jackson Toyota, i can say that if you are looking for a job in their service department, dont expect much.

Management is one of the worst ive seen in my career working in the automotive industry. Countless times co-workers and I were promised benefits for months until we were laid off due to shortage of work.

Many times we were asking to do tasks that were not in our job description and could have been handled by staff in other departments.

Throughout my year long experience with this company, i watched almost a full shop of loyal mechanics and detailers be let go or walk out because they were very unsatisfied (me included).

Countless times i have seen employees in the service department bust their backs for the company and receive very little, if any, recognition for their work from management.

I don't see this company as one you could grow with as their staff changes so frequently.

If you are looking for long term work and planning on relocating this is not the place for you. Believe me and the other reviews.

Countless times I had the owners of the dealership walk right past me without any greeting or introduction.
Pros
Busy
Cons
I will not provide this to the public
Technican (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 February 2017
I will not rate this company, but they are always looking to replace technicians and hire new technicians.
I do not think that if your are relocating to work here that you will find stable management and employment.
Pros
Cons
bad dealer management
Fun fast pace place to work, good atmosphere and people
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Barrie26 January 2017
A great fun company to work for!! They gave me lots of training, and the staff and the managers and the owner were always friendly. I'm sorry I left.
Pros
training, they care about their customers a lot.
Cons
long hours sometimes
Management has no respect for any of the employees
Technician (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 January 2017
I see Jackson's is trying to recruit new people from out of town. Perhaps this is because nobody in Barrie wants to work for them because of how poorly they treat their employees. They let good people go without reason and they also let long time employees quit without asking them to reconsider. It used to be a good place to work, but recent changes in management have changed the work environment and not in a positive way. I would highly recommend thinking twice before relocating to work for a place like Jackson's Toyota
Cons
Long hours, no appreciation and poor management.
Used to be a good place once
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 January 2017
This used to be a great place to work where they actually cared about there employees.
This has all been long gone on the last year since new management took over.
You want to be a numbered workhorse that does not matter then this is the place for you.
Cons
Long hour, poor management
job review
pre owned sales manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 October 2016
Hi volume

Good staff and friendly. Helpful

Poor management support.

I was busy with my dept. But had to desk new deals also. Was doing 40 cars every month used.
Pros
hi volume store
Cons
poor management support
Very fun place to work
Parts Advisor & Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 October 2015
Jackson's Toyota was my big break through for the automotive industry other than school. I worked at Toyota for a little over two years before going to school. I learned the parts side of the industry with a little service experience. My co-workers were amazing to work with. This made the day go by smoothly and I enjoyed coming to work everyday.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Promised things that didn't happen
New Challenges everyday
Sales Manager & Scion Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 July 2014
My job requires me to work in a fast paced atmosphere and make difficult decisions quickly. I enjoy a team atmosphere.
Pros
Great team
good place to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 June 2014
product knowledge is a big part of what I do right now. Management has been good to deal with. All my fellow sales consultants are supportive and helpful. Learning all the different processes they have to sell a vehicle. Most enjoyable part of the job is when I find the right vehicle for my happy customers.
Pros
opportunity to make good money
Cons
learning everything I need to know to be successful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jackson's Toyota. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4