Jack and Jill Playschool is an independently run, non-profit playschool, which has 3 and 4 year old programs.
Responsible for developing and implementing a developmentally appropriate preschool program for 3 and 4 year old children. This includes, but is not limited to:
1. Planning and implementing activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the program
2. Ensure equipment and the facility are clean, well maintained and safe at all times
3. Provide weekly and monthly schedules of activities
4. Develop activities that introduce math and literacy concepts
5. Establish policies and procedures including acceptable disciplinary policies
6. Be familiar with emergency procedures
7. Supervise children in the Pre-school main Activities
8. Ensure children are supervised at all times
9. Provide various experiences and activities for children including songs, games and story telling
10. Establish routines and provide positive guidance
11. Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable
12. Implement positive discipline when required
13. Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand
14. Integrate special needs children in a positive and respectful manner
15. Communicate with parents and members of the community as well as supervise rostering parents.
16. Maintain required paperwork, such as emergency records, daily sign-in log, etc..
17. Perform other related duties as required
All applicants require Level 2 Certification, or an Education Degree which will transfer into Level 2.
All applicants will also require valid First Aid Certification, or will be required to obtain so before start date.