JACK ASTOR'S

JACK ASTOR'S Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive busy environment to work in
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee), Kingston, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Being a hostess you can get bored very easy and its demotivating to work but as a server you can engage into your customer satisfaction and it makes for a fun, speedy night.
Great People and Orignally a great environment
Cocktail Waitress/ Bartender/ Shift Leader (Former Employee), North York, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great tips and guests
Originally a fantastic place to work with a great management team and staff. Moved up to a supervisor role, however went back to serving and bartending as it was better for me financially. The hardest part would be the 12 hour shifts on the patio in the heat. The best part would be meeting new people everyday and building regular guests!
A very warm-hearted team to work with.
Busser/Host (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: wonderful staff and management.
Cons: not enough hours.
Everyone at Jack's from co-workers to management is extremely kind and supportive. Management sees you as more than just an employee, they see you as a person with goals in life that they understand may not be within SIRcorp, and it's respected. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the occasional moments I get to talk to my co-workers and joke around. Not only that, but my co-workers are appreciative of me. They thank me all the time for doing my job, and it makes me feel great. The general manager is absolutely phenomenal at hiring good people. That's the thing about Jack's, it's professional but not formal. Letting loose a little bit is actually encouraged! Being yourself is encouraged! I love that. The hardest part about my job is the fact that I'm not getting enough hours and that I get sent home early a lot of days because I'm not required; however that isn't specific to Jack's, it's just the nature of the industry. If I was getting enough hours, I would not be on here looking for another job.
Jack Astors Review
Busser (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: late hours
A typical day at work includes bringing food to tables as well as cleaning off tables that people have left. As well as keeping the dining room and bar clean. Cleaning up spills is an often occurrence. I learned how to expand my people skills deal with difficult guests in a professional and polite manner. Management is great. I once did not expect to work late and was going to miss my bus to another city and the managers let me off early. Hardest part is dealing with unsatisfied guests. Most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere and the people you work with. All friendly people who you are sure to get along with..
great resterant with alot of fun
Fryer Cook (Current Employee), toronto,ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great hours and people
Cons: not enuff hours
great job with alot perks perfect place if you love to cook management is perfect very on you to inquire success what you would learn in average day is that nobody orders the same thing everytime the hardest part of the job is to refill on stock and dealling with the orders when they pile up the most enjoyable part is working the people that im working with.
Best Job
Hostesses (Current Employee), London, OntarioJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: 25% off meals
A typical day working for Jack Astors is always new and exciting. It is spent talking to guests, accommodating for certain situations, and always thinking on your feet. I have learned so much from being an employee at Jack's. It ranges from people skills to many other qualities Jack's has gifted me with. The hardest part of my job, has been problem solving when things go wrong, but I always have pushed through it with the most beneficial way for the guest and my workplace.
Great work envirnment
Fry Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee), HamiltonNovember 15, 2014
food prep
fry cook
dishwasher
responsible for opening and closing
started at 16 yrs old and have been at Jack's so almost 2 years
Coming to Whistler from Feb 15 - Aug 31/15, then to college in Sept.
okay
line and prep cook (Current Employee), torontoSeptember 7, 2014
-i work 5day a week but not enough hour
-i learned how to be a team player
-my co-workers where rely fun to work with
Great place to work, and fantastic team to work with.
Busser (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 11, 2014
A typical day at work would be coming in and walking around the restaurant and cleaning tables when guests were done. I was also responsible for clearing dirty dishes off the tables when guests were done eating, and serving food to guests.
I was responsible for maintaining cleanliness in the restaurant and helping my co-workers with anything they needed help with.
Corporate team work oriented restaurant with high standards
Bartender (Former Employee), Toronto ONApril 16, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: long odd hours
Really enjoyed working there. Had fun and made decent wages. Built life long relationships and honed my sales, leadership and interpersonal skills.
Fun fast paced environment
Marketing Manager/ Account Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2014
Great Company to work for. High energy, Sales driven industry.
A well established company with excellent training
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga OnJanuary 21, 2014
SIR Corp offers their employees with the opportunity to learn and expand within the company. They believe in their culture and in turn create successful locations. SIR Corp offers great training and a truly unique outlook on the restaurant industry.
Pleasurable food with constant entertainment
Expeditor (Former Employee), Pickering, ONNovember 5, 2013
- Front of the house and back of the house staff very approachable and hardworking.
- Always had someone to step in if staff called in sick.
- When communication was unclear management was there to help guide you.
The managment such.
Pantry Cook (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 16, 2013
Cons: long hour no break
Long hour don't pay break and must of the guy there work 8 hour with out a break and food..
Fun & Efficient Work Environment
Dish Washer and Prep Cook (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJuly 3, 2013
Pros: great coworkers and management, free meals, great energy within the work environment
Cons: long hours, dirty work
I have learned a lot about teamwork from my time employed with Jack Astor's and my experience working in a kitchen. At this restaurant, management understood how important is was to have a friendly, responsible and efficient workplace environment. Although they were able to achieve this general understanding amongst their employees, stations around the kitchen and floor would neglect certain duties knowing that the closing dishwasher would have them completed by the end of the shift.
The job title did not give the description/duties justice. Being a full-time dishwasher, I found my coworkers around the kitchen develop reliance on me, giving me reason to take initiative and finish duties early to clean the kitchen/equipment and prep food to keep the restaurant and service efficiently running.
The job included long hours and fairly hard, fast paced work that began afflicting with my personal life.
Energetic work environment, always making guests happy
Server (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 3, 2013
-take orders for guests
-bring food and drinks to my tables as well as others
-helped clean other tables as well as my own
-I learned to ask for help, and to help others, and don't rush because that leads to making more mistakes
-management and co-workers were always great to work with, became a family
-hardest part of the job was keeping up and not to get flustered when its busy
-most enjoyable part of the job was joking around with the guest as well as co-workers
fast paced ,disorganised,dirty pooor quallity of product
Pantry chef (Former Employee), newmarketMay 28, 2013
Pros: some really great people
Cons: lack of pay and hours
Some really good people to work with,lot's of good times,however verry unsanitary kitchen one of the dirtyist i have worked,the managment to worker ratio is 3 to one,and the management dose verry little except confuse people, can never get the help you need,i.e. thay sit in office during rush. The B.O.H. is costently stressed due to there pollicy of not working more than 35 hours per week,thise causes to mutch cofusion reflecting on product and service.
Decent place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee), London, ONMay 23, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: few hours
- arrive and prep the food I will require for the day
- I've learned how to assess what will be needed for the day and prep what is needed in a limited amount of time
- I've had a good experience with my management team
- I work with a large and diverse group of people
- adjusting to new standards every few weeks is the hardest part of the job
- my coworkers are the most enjoyable part of the job
Fun work place
General Manager (Former Employee), ancasterApril 28, 2013
Pros: free b day dessert
Cons: hours
from bar flare to singing happy b day, enjoying great food and drinks everyone is happy
not much lots of people
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), woodbrigde ontDecember 7, 2012
Kitchen Manager, Jack Astor’s
Employ an efficient, high energy and professional approach to store operations management in order to:
Promote guest satisfaction for steady repeat business.
Coach schedule staff to maximize levels of performance.
Monitor for consistent sanitization, food quality and preparation.
Purchase and control food inventory with attention to budget guidelines

About JACK ASTOR'S

Jack Astors Bar & Grill is an unrated Restaurant in the area around Yonge St and Dundas St E, where the average rating for – Read more