JACK ASTOR'S

• Salary/Benefits
okay
line and prep cook (Current Employee), torontoSeptember 7, 2014
-i work 5day a week but not enough hour
-i learned how to be a team player
-my co-workers where rely fun to work with
Great place to work, and fantastic team to work with.
Busser (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 11, 2014
A typical day at work would be coming in and walking around the restaurant and cleaning tables when guests were done. I was also responsible for clearing dirty dishes off the tables when guests were done eating, and serving food to guests.
I was responsible for maintaining cleanliness in the restaurant and helping my co-workers with anything they needed – more... help with. – less
Corporate team work oriented restaurant with high standards
Bartender (Former Employee), Toronto ONApril 16, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: long odd hours
Really enjoyed working there. Had fun and made decent wages. Built life long relationships and honed my sales, leadership and interpersonal skills.
Fun fast paced environment
Marketing Manager/ Account Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2014
Great Company to work for. High energy, Sales driven industry.
A well established company with excellent training
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga OnJanuary 21, 2014
SIR Corp offers their employees with the opportunity to learn and expand within the company. They believe in their culture and in turn create successful locations. SIR Corp offers great training and a truly unique outlook on the restaurant industry.
Pleasurable food with constant entertainment
Expeditor (Former Employee), Pickering, ONNovember 5, 2013
- Front of the house and back of the house staff very approachable and hardworking.
- Always had someone to step in if staff called in sick.
- When communication was unclear management was there to help guide you.
The managment such.
Pantry Cook (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 16, 2013
Cons: long hour no break
Long hour don't pay break and must of the guy there work 8 hour with out a break and food..
Fun & Efficient Work Environment
Dish Washer and Prep Cook (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJuly 3, 2013
Pros: great coworkers and management, free meals, great energy within the work environment
Cons: long hours, dirty work
I have learned a lot about teamwork from my time employed with Jack Astor's and my experience working in a kitchen. At this restaurant, management understood how important is was to have a friendly, responsible and efficient workplace environment. Although they were able to achieve this general understanding amongst their employees, stations around – more... the kitchen and floor would neglect certain duties knowing that the closing dishwasher would have them completed by the end of the shift.
The job title did not give the description/duties justice. Being a full-time dishwasher, I found my coworkers around the kitchen develop reliance on me, giving me reason to take initiative and finish duties early to clean the kitchen/equipment and prep food to keep the restaurant and service efficiently running.
The job included long hours and fairly hard, fast paced work that began afflicting with my personal life. – less
Energetic work environment, always making guests happy
Server (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 3, 2013
-take orders for guests
-bring food and drinks to my tables as well as others
-helped clean other tables as well as my own
-I learned to ask for help, and to help others, and don't rush because that leads to making more mistakes
-management and co-workers were always great to work with, became a family
-hardest part of the job was keeping up and not – more... to get flustered when its busy
-most enjoyable part of the job was joking around with the guest as well as co-workers – less
fast paced ,disorganised,dirty pooor quallity of product
Pantry chef (Former Employee), newmarketMay 28, 2013
Pros: some really great people
Cons: lack of pay and hours
Some really good people to work with,lot's of good times,however verry unsanitary kitchen one of the dirtyist i have worked,the managment to worker ratio is 3 to one,and the management dose verry little except confuse people, can never get the help you need,i.e. thay sit in office during rush. The B.O.H. is costently stressed due to there pollicy of – more... not working more than 35 hours per week,thise causes to mutch cofusion reflecting on product and service. – less
Decent place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee), London, ONMay 23, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: few hours
- arrive and prep the food I will require for the day
- I've learned how to assess what will be needed for the day and prep what is needed in a limited amount of time
- I've had a good experience with my management team
- I work with a large and diverse group of people
- adjusting to new standards every few weeks is the hardest part of the job
- my – more... coworkers are the most enjoyable part of the job – less
Fun work place
General Manager (Former Employee), ancasterApril 28, 2013
Pros: free b day dessert
Cons: hours
from bar flare to singing happy b day, enjoying great food and drinks everyone is happy
not much lots of people
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), woodbrigde ontDecember 7, 2012
Kitchen Manager, Jack Astor’s
Employ an efficient, high energy and professional approach to store operations management in order to:
Promote guest satisfaction for steady repeat business.
Coach schedule staff to maximize levels of performance.
Monitor for consistent sanitization, food quality and preparation.
Purchase and control food inventory with – more... attention to budget guidelines – less
Exciting, fun, fast-paced and never boring
Hostess / Server (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioNovember 12, 2012
Pros: amazing co-workers, atmosphere, food
A job where the work never ended in one of Scarborough's busiest restaurants, I managed hostess's on a part-time basis while also filling in for servers when the night became too busy. With thousands of customers per day, the task of co-ordinating and organizing a fullhouse from open to close was an exciting and challenging aspect of the job.
Most Fun I have ever had in a workplace
Server (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 7, 2012
Fantastic management and staff.
Co-workers and management support everyone, especially when one employee is having a bad day.
I would recommend this company for anyone looking to work in the restaurant industry.
The co-workers are very rude and are never happy.
Server (Current Employee), Brossard, QCOctober 19, 2012
Pros: the job itself
Cons: the co-workers
I honestly never look forward to a day working at Jack Astor's. All the co-workers never have a smile on their face and it really puts everyone down. I ask myself why they even work as waiters/waitresses when part of their job includes making the guests feel good, they don't even feel good themselves. The management wasn't bad however. The bosses were – more... very reasonable. I learn't that you shouldn't work with people who bring you down. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the co-workers and the most enjoyable was talking to the clients, suggesting meals, taking, orders, etc. – less
Jack Astor's is the best joint in town
Expeditor, Server (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: half off meal excluding steaks.
Cons: demanding hours
Get excited that work is going to start. It is going to be another busy day. The people you work with are all in it with you. You learn to be part of a team and to help make it work. Management is there for you only so much as they can be. The co-workers are just like you, trying to make a living and have a good time. Hardest part of the job is the – more... stress and human error. The most enjoyable part of the job is hitting up the bar when you finish your shift. – less
Great environment!
Chef de cuisine, Plongeur (Former Employee), Boisbriand, QCJune 25, 2012
Great place to work hard and have fun at the same time.
An extremely team oriented job.
Deliscious menu
Great job to creat a base cooking skill.
All round amazing first job.

About JACK ASTOR'S

Jack Astors Bar & Grill is an unrated Restaurant in the area around Yonge St and Dundas St E, where the average rating for – Read more