NOW HIRING THE MAYOR OF HOSPITALITY & FUN
FOR ST. JOHN’S, NEWFOUNDLAND’s NEWEST BAR and GRILL on the harbour – JACK ASTOR’s!
When you think about the perfect job, do you think FUN, FAST-PACED, and FULL of opportunity? Are you a foodie who believes that a great dining experience is more than just a great meal – it’s about WOW-ing every guest that walks through your door with service that delivers FUN with spontaneity and a playful attitude? Of course you are, you’re from Newfoundland!
GET READY! JACK ASTOR’S BAR AND GRILL IS COMING TO ST. JOHN’S harbourfront
AND WE’RE HIRING THE GENERAL MANAGER for this
PREMIER WATERFRONT LOCATION!
We’re looking for an EXPERIENCED GENERAL MANAGER to:
- Bring the Jack Astor’s brand to The Rock, and manage the closest location to Ireland.
- Delight and entertain guests with bold, refreshing food and beverage – and a side of cheekily playful attitude!
As a General Manager we:
- Work with our peeps to provide the highest quality standards for food, a guest experience that is outstanding, and service that is memorable
- Coach and lead our peeps and help to ensure they receive great training and support
- Manage the financials, and work to achieve and exceed established goals
- Live and teach Jacks’ Values and Promises
- Use strong time management skills and attention to detail to complete our jobs
- Spread the enthusiasm and energy among all of our peeps!
As a member of the team we get:
- To be a part of a corporate, not franchised, multi-branded Canadian organization that is growing, gaining momentum and is poised to win.
- To be part of an environment that is small enough for each person to have an impact, but large enough to have stability and structure.
To be successful, we look for the following:
- If you’ve had 3-5 years previous restaurant management/supervisory experience in a comparable restaurant environment we’re interested.
- Communication is key, so you’ll need to speak and write English well.
- Comfortable using computers and learning new software.
- Have ability to manage our restaurants with a high level of attention to detail, hospitality and fun – winning mindset and enthusiastic personality
- You’ll be managing sales goals, inventory, cash and other stuff that requires good math and analytical skills.
- Previous experience with scheduling, labour and product cost control, inventory
- Previous experience in developing a team considered an asset
- Smart Serve Certification
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and would like to learn more about the role and requirements please submit your application (resume and cover letter) at http://sircorp.snaphire.com/?job=8800IND
To learn more about the Jack Astor’s concept, visit our website www.jackastors.com
Due to the number of applications received, only candidates selected for the next phase of the recruitment process will be contacted. (Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered)