JABIL CIRCUIT

JABIL CIRCUIT Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Productive and Motivated Work Environment
Certified IPC Specialist (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MichiganJanuary 21, 2015
Cons: possible layoffs
-Great Training
-Good Benefits
-Genuine People
Good Job Security if you work hard and do your job to the fullest of your abilities. Will be rewarded for your hard work.
A lot of favoritism, back stabbing, cut throat, throw you under the bus, Test Department
FVT/ICT Diagnostics Technician (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: workout room, indoor volleyball/handball room.
Cons: short 8 minute breaks and 20 minute lunches
A typical day was 10 to 12 hours long, trying to maintain efficiency while the test department and manufacturing department were at each others throat. Passing the buck on blame game.
I learned somethings about networking and manufacturing.
Management (Test and Manufacturing) would make a pitch about team work, but at the same time were at odds with one another. A very vicious circle. They would take all the defective units and hide them when the customers would come. They could fill a handball room just about from floor to ceiling.
Absolutely loved my co-workers in Manufacturing Department, not so much in the Test Department.
Trying to give good feedback while Line managers would be willing to ignore it, then later they would want to know why their efficiency was so low, very stressful. Typically it was build until they could make shipment and then deal with the fall out later.
Working in the diversity between all the different cultures and people was unique and educational.
unorganized
Lead Test Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: poor management
The only positive thing about Jabil is the compensation and benefits are pretty good. The start times change without notice, overtime is mandatory and not communicated until moments before your shift ends the day before.The work load is manageable, however the expectations can be unrealistic. The departments do not communicate effectively, which causes constant arguing and downtime on the production floor. There are hardly in opportunities for advancement unless you are willing to relocate. Nepotism is and brown nosing are the keys to progression.
Mechanical Assembler
Mechanical Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Tempe, AZDecember 22, 2014
I possess the necessary knowledge of handling material, assisting in preventive maintenance and segregating of materials. Moreover, I am comfortable with the basic layout of all heavy production machineries and the safety measures that need to be taken into account while operating them. My analytic thinking to resolve issues and proven ability to meet deadlines will enable me to perform this job effectively.
Cirtification skill every year
Specialist RMA (Former Employee), 30 Great oaks Blvd San Jose, CA 95119December 11, 2014
Pros: full benefit and christmas event
Cons: rush lunch
Since I work this company it was a small Prototype Co. for South side CA. then it growing up Production so I have been grow with Company. I have been through a lot of position:Repair and rework of PCB, repair of damaged pads, Jumper wires, Final quality control and assurance, repair BGA, 5DX,PLR,AOI, Initial and FVT test ,Group leader, Data entry shipment,Basic computer. Booking RMA in SAP and follow process report to customer, RMA received inspection and contact with customer if it have any issue,take care all RMA shipment, input data in system and provide tracking to customer,do the inventory/shipment report in MES for RMA work cell.
Productive work place for moving up
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 10, 2014
I enjoy working at Jabil. I have learned so many things. I have gotten a lot of experiences from Jabil.
Great CompanyLoved the culture and the people
IC (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 9, 2014
Loved working in their culture company had excellent benefits and people.Great Company Loved the culture and the people. Extremely competitive with integrity...............
Electonics component manufacturing company
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St. PetersburgDecember 9, 2014
positions with this company could be short time depending on the product line, most of it is being done overseas
Productive job
Order Administrator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 5, 2014
Overall I think this is a good company to work for. I really enjoy coming to work everyday doing my job. I've learned about this company.
Good work Environment, but no opportunity for advancement
Sr. Lead Technician / Test Engineer (Current Employee), St. PetersburgDecember 5, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: poor project management and no opportunity for those who are hourly employees.
Jabil is an overall ok company to work for, but mostly if you are a salaried employee. Salaried employees get better pay, more benefits, and quarterly bonuses unlike hourly employees. Promotions and advancements seemed to be offered mostly to those who are salaried and in upper management. This will depend on the group/manager you work.

Managers are offered incentives and bonuses to slash budget and lab costs. This creates no motivation to give good raises to those who deserve it and to invest in things needed for the job.
Good place to work and gain knowledge.
ECN Coordinator (Current Employee), MemphisNovember 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor management
I learned a number of things from working at Jabil Circuit. I love the culture that the company brings.
n/a
Assembler (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 21, 2014
Repair and maintain production tools, using the best solutions. Delivering products securely and timely is more critical than ever. Jabil's proven track record in lean, quality and IP protection is backed by state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities around the globe.
Productive and good place to work were the challenge meet performance
Sr. Test Engineer (Current Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 12, 2014
Pros: very good challenges, good friends, get in touch with manufacturing experts
Cons: the products are very seasonal, the life product is very short this create manpower rotation
Contract manufacturing company were processes and manufacture is developed for as a manufacturing outsource, the operation is very challenging due the nature of the business since all the process, test method and products are different from customer to customer.
It develops the Engineer in all aspects providing the opportunity to learn different technologies and improve the manufacturing/test process looking for the Lean/Continuous improvement in a daily basis, We learned the way to optimize and balance the production times and improve the OTD.
advancement was good, but company professionalism needed improvement.
Machine Maintenance Tech II (Former Employee), Tempe, AZNovember 11, 2014
Pros: learning opportunities
Cons: closing doors
prevemtative maintenance , repair calls, and documentation.
maintenance of various machines.
management of the company needed improvement.
great group of guys.
being told it was closing.
good co-workers and advancement opportunities.
team leader
Team Leader (Former Employee), memphis tennOctober 2, 2014
teaching and running the different departments of a well function workplace
A very rewarding company who cares about thier employees. Lots of oppurtunities to move up in the company and fast.
Test Operator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: we was a family
My Day started with me clocking in at 215, my shift started at 230 but i has to get my (pass down)which is an update from 1st shift employee on how my line was running, and weather or not i had to finish a part replacement on the computer hard drive or if i needed to go ahead and check over their work and start the system. Then once i checked my line i found an order that QC had pushed out and was ready for me to test in the computer system. Once i finished logging all the system part numbers and serial numbers into the computer and everything passed it was time for me to grab my cables either the client who unit i was testing had ordered them or i had to use what we called golden equipment which belonged to the facility. to test the unit. Once the unit was fully cabled it was time to start the testing through computer software. The hardest part of this job was working with 5 other males who felt intimidated by me because my boss hired the only woman in our department. and i was good at what i did. The most amazing part was we were all a family. From QC, OBA, Configuration, Material Handlers, Packout and us Test Operators. We celebrated every Holiday together because the company always had so kind of gathering for its employees. Management was amazing they greeted u every mourning and afternoon. We where always having meeting about the company and what was going on inside of it. My supervisor was amazing i couldn't have asked for a better man to have worked for. The most enjoyable part of this job was the learning process. Being able to learn how to use different types of computer systems to test equipment. And knowing that Test was the heart of the company. Made us want to go to work and work extra hard everyday, And to know we was appreciated for what we did for the company and the clients who were relying on us to build and test their product.
NA
Industrial Engineer Tech (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
My day starts at 7am to 3:30 pm. I have learned a lot of skill at Jabil. That consist with working and building on software's. The management team there is very poor at time there is no communication with employees. I love the people I work with on a day to day base. The hardiest part about my job is there's no moving up in the company. The most enjoyable part about my job is meeting new people.
productive and good place with the team
Acting Warehouse Lead (Former Employee), Tempe AZSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches in holidays .
Cons: breaks, healthcare, lunch .
I have always worked in manufacturing,fix SAP and troubleshoot material problems . ..
It's a good and challenge company to work with.
SAP Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: have a good chance to work with different modules (mm, pp, sd, fi, archive
Cons: less training
* It's busy and productive day at work.
* Co-workers are team work and knowledge shared between groups.
* Learn new things every day.
Tester/Assembly Memphis, TN
Tester/Assembly (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 28, 2014
Cons: short breaks, not consistent in work schedule, short notice weekend work
As a whole I think Jabil, is an OK place to work. Not saying it's the Best atmosphere in the world. It has its days where it's enjoyable & easy & other days management & supervisors are rude. I just started though.

1 2 3 4 5

About JABIL CIRCUIT

Jabil Circuit is one of the leading providers of electronics manufacturing services (EMS) in the world. Its largest segment, diversified – Read more