Full time position for a Mig Welder – Hourly Monday to Friday for 44 hours per week.
- Education: Completion of high school, Completion of College would be a benefit.
- Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Any of the following would be a benefit; Welder Trade Certification, Canadian Welding Bureau Certification, Canadian Welding Bureau Certification
- Experience: 2 years or more
- Languages: Speak English, read English, write English
- Type of Establishment/Work Setting Experience: Metal Fabrication
- Welding Techniques: Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) (TIG), Gas metal arc welding (GMAW) (MIG)
- Welding Positions: Flat, Horizontal, Vertical
- Materials: Steel, iron and heavy metals, stainless steel, some aluminum
- Type of Establishment/Work Setting Experience: Industrial, Commercial
- Area of Specialization: Custom fabrication, some production
- Weight Handling: Up to 28 kg (60 lbs.)
- Transportation/Travel Information: Own transportation (Rural)
- Specific Skills: Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings specifications, manuals and processes, Examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications , operate brakes, shears and other metal shaping, straightening and bending machines, determine weldability of materials, select filler rods, operate hoisting and lifting equipment
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, handling heavy loads, physically demanding, manual dexterity, attention to detail, hand-eye co-ordination, standing for extended periods
- Essential Skills: reading text, numeracy, writing, oral communication, working with others, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, job task planning and organizing, significant use of memory, continuous learning
- Own Tools/Equipment: Steel-toed safety boots
Please apply for this job only in the manner specified by the employer. Failure to do so may result in your application not being properly considered for the position.
JVC Precision provides design and fabrication service to many industries. We take pride in our expertise and excellent customer service. If you are a looking for a precision fabrication opportunity and would like to join a winning team please contact us.
JVC Precision Limited would like to thank all applicants. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No agencies, please.