Full time position for a General Tool Machinist. Hourly - Monday to Friday for 44 hours per week.
- Set-up and operate standard machine tools and CNC Machine equipment
- Cutting tools and machine parts for product
- Machine parts for jigs, dies and fixtures
- Responsibilities may include design, custom production, maintenance and troubleshooting
- The work to be performed according to specifications, drawings, sketches, or instructions and requires making all necessary calculation and set-ups
- Capable of effecting changes and corrections to preprinted programs such as additions, deletions and making tool offsets, etc.
Education: College certificate and/or diploma, technical training credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, course etc.); Machinist Trade Certification; Tool & Die Trade Certification.
Experience: 3 years or more
Languages: Speak English, Read English, Write English
Machining Tools and Machines: Lathes, Milling Machine, Grinder, Drill Press, CNC Machines, Brake Press, Hand Tools
Measuring Tools: Micrometers, Veriners, Gauges
Specific Skills: Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables, Program computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools, Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances would be considered an asset.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Tight deadlines, Standing for extended periods
Transportation/Travel Information: Own transportation (Rural)
Essential Skills: Reading text, Oral communication, Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Critical thinking
- Must have experience in a General Machinist role
- Experience with Tool and Die an asset
- Experience with CNC machine an asset
JVC Precision provides design and fabrication service to many industries. We take pride in our expertise and excellent customer service. If you are a looking for a precision fabrication opportunity and would like to join a winning team please contact us.
JVC Precision Limited would like to thank all applicants. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No agencies, please.
Indeed - 14 months ago
JVC Precision Limited is a metal fabrication company providing design custom manufacturing and prototyping for a diversified range of...