JPMorgan Chase
5,058 reviews

JPMorgan Chase Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Company as a whole is good but politics damage potential for career longetivity
Sr. AML/KYC Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 20, 2014
Pros: potential room for growth, depending on the department you are hired to work under; benefits and diverse culture environment
Cons: political issues, management structure issues, as managers are hired, but have no true knowledge experience for the department they were hired to run.
Chase as a whole is a good company to work for but certain departments within the company leave much to be desired. There were instances of blocking people to advance within the department based on the color of a person's skin color. You often find your suggestions/contributions were not respected and/or appreciated.

Often times you would have to leave – more... the company then come back months later in order to receive a salary increase. – less
Professional workplace at the largest bank in the country
Retail Marketing Financial Associate (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 20, 2014
Pros: work life balance encouraged and friendly environment
Cons: size of business can make it bureaucratic and tough to accomplish tasks sometimes
The weeks, months, quarters, and year are very regimented, as one would imagine working for a financial institution.
The day to day can be more interesting and may include "fire drills" based on whats going on in upper management meetings. This means stop what you're doing and do an ad hoc analysis. Management is generally friendly and inviting, but – more... may not always be knowledgeable on each persons specific assigned tasks. This can be frustrating if you let it, or if you're new, but you'll find that most people at the bank are easy to work with and willing to help if you take the initiative to try and learn. One would enjoy working at this bank if they have a customer service mindset, like working in teams, and generally look forward to regular interaction with business partners. – less
Great Benefits and Compensation
Teller (Former Employee), Chehalis, WAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: compensation and benefits
Cons: scheduling
Chase has GREAT employee benefits and compensation. Their scheduling system makes it difficult for families. This is not a typical 9-5 Monday-Saturday banking system. Scheduling depends on previous years highs and lows. Do not expect the same schedule every week.
productive
Teller (Current Employee), Washington HeightsAugust 20, 2014
good atmosphere.
great team.
build long lasting relationship with our customers.
love dealing with people everyday and providing the best customer experience.
my manager makes it all better.
Geographically diversified environment
QA Lead (Current Employee), Newark, DEAugust 20, 2014
Pros: onsite backup care
Cons: no team outings
I am very much satisfied at JP Morgan chase

My day starts with daily stand up calls updating work status
Management is very good at making work and life balane
Co Workers are very good comptetitors
Working with dev team by negotioating key deliverables
Taking more responsibilities
large Corporate structure
Licensed Personal Banker-Small Business Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 20, 2014
Retail banking office has aggressive sales goals and creates very competitive environment.
Nice work enviroment
Reconciliation Specialist/Monetary Investigation (Former Employee), New Hyde Park, NYAugust 20, 2014
I received check payments from various departments with in the bank to be deposited.I researched and resolved rejected payments.
Inconsistent workplace
Relationship Manager, Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), Fairfield, CTAugust 20, 2014
There are many pluses and minuses that come with working for a large corporation. They try and preach that you are important as an employee but it's hard to feel important as one of so many. The job security is nice but you can't help but feel that you are always easily replaceable without anyone really caring.
fun, fast paced, branch environment
Mortgage Banker (Current Employee), Boulder, COAugust 20, 2014
greeting new clients daily that come to the branch.
spend countless hours making service calls to uncover current needs.
daily meetings with branch partners, bankers, for referral opportunity
spend time away from branch to build outside referral source with local professionals(i.e. agents, cpa's, doctors, etc...)
enjoy the satisfaction of solving my – more... clients mortgage needs and being responsible for helping them get into the new home of their dreams. – less
Best Days of My life
Transaction Document & Research Specialist (Former Employee), BangaloreAugust 20, 2014
I loved working in JP Morgan, only one issue was Salary.
I miss the culture of JPMC, I miss my co workers, I never call them co workers but as my friends.

I have learnt lot from cooperate world.

Job wise I use to solve customer issue, person who doesn't let the job without attending. I always do more research and was finding solution over the individual – more... cases.

I always new ideas for the process and short cut to finish the job. – less
Chase ultimately is a great company to work for.
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Watts, CAAugust 19, 2014
Face-to-face interactions with customers providing top-notch customer service by handling financial transactions accurately and efficiently. Days will be spent having professional and friendly interactions and both cutomers and chase team members.
Strong employee focused organization
Finance Analyst Development Program (Current Employee), Newark, DEAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great continuing education opportuinites offered
Cons: long hours at times
Work within the control organization of JPM's investment bank. Overall great company culture. The organization has a strong control framework.
Teller I (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: free food!
Cons: compensation
I LOVE everything about banking from the customers to the co workers. Great place for advancement! Always learning something new everyday whether is about an account or how to help you save for the good and bad times in life. Management was good....She was a sales driven coach who kept us on our feet so that we can strive for nothing but the best! The – more... most thing i enjoyed were new goals because it was always a game on how to get new sales from customers. – less
Manager of the Latin American OTC Derivative (Former Employee), Newark, DEAugust 19, 2014
Wonderful co-workers. A lot of politics. Work/life balance was ok.
Graet place to work
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Fair Lawn, NjAugust 19, 2014
JPMorgan is a great company to work for. It offers excellent internal career opportunities for those who are motivated, dedicated and persistent. Every employee gains valuable knowledge, opportunity to work with intelligent workmates in a friendly atmosphere.
An amazing place to work for
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Scarsdale, NYAugust 19, 2014
This is a great company to work for. There's a high level of professionalism and motivation from the minute you get hired, through the training process and once you get to your job. This has been a great learning experience. However, i just relocated to Florida and could not get a transfer. I would've loved to continue working with JP Morgan Chase but – more... given the circumstances i have to look for another job. – less
Productive, business professional workplace
Project Management Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: in the financial district
Cons: everything is expensive and days can be long
You will be working with Excel, SharePoint, and many other different applications. You will have many meeting concerning upcoming and current projects and have to check your email constantly.
HL Liquidation III (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXAugust 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
A typical day at work includes managing your pipeline. I have learned many things in regards to the process of liquidating a mortgage. My coworkers are knowledgeable and helpful
Great company to work for if you get the right branch...
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Lafayette, INAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits, hour lunch break, coworkers, community involvement, vacation time begins with 3 weeks paid
Cons: branch management, very pushy sales environment, compensation (other than base salary) is cut each year, upper management is reckless with company money
I worked at three different bank branches as a Personal Banker. Every branch was very different and each manager had a different sales approach. That made it very difficult to succeed.
Foreign Exchange, Front Office Sales
Sales Support Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2014
Fast paced environment in a highly demanding work place. Work directly with small business clients to identify and provide customized solutions to their foreign exchange needs.