JPMorgan Chase
5,051 reviews

JPMorgan Chase Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Employees are treated as commodities
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 27, 2014
Pros: large environment with plenty of technology for you to learn
Cons: lots of turnover due to poor management.
The company is too large. there is not enough staff for the size of the environment +250k users. There are quite a few manager who have never been to a management class, and although they may be an expert in the product they are managing, they have no clue on how to manage people.
Good company, but it needs some improvement.
Telephone Banker (Former Employee), Arlington,TexasAugust 26, 2014
Pros: good benefits, vacation time right away
Cons: schedule, unorganized
Great company to work for, but it needs some
improvement. favoritism is big in this company and not a lot
of customer service oriented people, some people should not be working there because they just make it difficult on other telephone bankers.
A Typical Day at Work
Relationship Banker/Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Boise, IdahoAugust 26, 2014
Pros: great employees and benefits
Cons: location from home
Conduct morning huddle to share success from the day prior, also communicate and coach any new updates and then set the plan for the day. Stay engaged with employees and customers in the branch. Help out on the teller line or on the new accounts side. Run branch in the absence of the branch manager. Also work with partners with appointment setting and – more... being available to help wherever needed. – less
Great place to work if not in a management position
Operations Unit Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 26, 2014
Pros: big city locations, small town feel
Cons: health care costs are high
Once promoted to a management position, my workload more than tripled. I would have to work 60-70 hours in the week to try to keep up. I didn't feel as if my management team understood how much work they expected from the managers at my level. It was not realistic or compensated.
Great working environment, friendly team and management
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 26, 2014
Pros: great team, great benefiits, helpful employee tools
I worked for Chase for a little over 4 years. During my tenure at Chase I was given the opportunity to work side by side many experienced managers as well as District Managers.

I was given administrative authority and was one of the youngest operations supervisor within my district with a performance level branch. The hardest part of the job was clocking – more... out to go home. I really enjoyed working at Chase and managing my team; not only we're we a team, but we were like family - the communication level was excellent and the environment was friendly and helpful. – less
Fun place to work at while going to school
Card Services Representative (Former Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 26, 2014
Pros: everything.
This was a fun place to work at. Great benefits and pay. During the winter months it gets extremely chaotic taking over 140 calls a day, but besides that it was fun.
The hardest part of the job was taking the massive number of calls.
The best part was getting to know the people on the phones and the people you get to work with. Customers aren't normally – more... upset, so that is nice. – less
Branch Manager- Vice President (Former Employee), Houston, TxAugust 26, 2014
Pros: lots of time off
Cons: long hours
*Great Work life balance.
*lots of benefits.
*Tons of time off
Customer Service Focused
Assistant Vice President/Asst Branch Manager (Current Employee), Orlando FlAugust 26, 2014
What i learn was to providing outstanding customer service with every customers.
Personal Banker
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: supportive team
Typical day at work consists with assisting customers with either convenience services or acquiring new financial products.

Every customer is different and should be handled according to the issue at hand.

Management is very helping and has many resources when opening new products and resolving issues.

Coworkers are supportive and have lots of knowledge.

Hardest – more... part is balancing between certain customers as some may need more time than others.

Most enjoyable part of the job is resolving the issues many customers simply can not do by themselves. – less
Deadline-driven, fast paced workplace
Regional Lockbox Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 25, 2014
A sometimes stressful, deadline-driven environment, but has allowed me to work with the best group of people I have ever worked with. This company truly values integrity in it's employees. The hardest part of this job is the unpredictable hours, but that also allows for a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.
Energetic place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 25, 2014
A typical day at work was processing customers transactions with great customer service I learned new ways to process cash advances and better understanding of Chase products. Management and Co-workers were wonderful, felt like a family. There was nothing hard about the job, but the most enjoyable was knowing I could help with great customer service.
awesome place to work
Credit & Rates Trader (Vice president) (Former Employee), 11August 25, 2014
awesome place to work... you can learn a lot from the people around you ... management is great...
Great Atmosphere
Senior Teller (Former Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: free time between customers coming in
Cons: .25 cent max raise
take in deposit and make withdrawals, typical teller work. Management was great.
Nice place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 25, 2014
Chase has generally been a nice company to work for. Compensation is okay, but the benefits are very good, including time-off allowances. Management is hit-or-miss. There are some very very good managers, and others on the opposite end of the spectrum. Those managers tend to make things very difficult. It is also difficult to advance because many of – more... the jobs that would be stepping stones to learn new skills have been offshored or eliminated. I – less
Hard to work for
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OhioAugust 25, 2014
Constantly changing. You never know what is going to happen next. Management expects a lot with very little to go off of. Individuality is not appreciated.
Chase what matters - maybe
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, txAugust 24, 2014
Pros: co workers, benefits
Cons: management, compensation, recognition
Chase has come a long way since merging with Bank One but during all the evolving and changes that make Chase the mega giant they are today something has been lost. There used to be a sense of loyalty and appreciation for the employees that have made Chase what it is today. We were always told "because of you, Chase is an industry leader".Thats nice – more... to know but little comfort when you get close to or over your 20 year mark you become a target for management to move you out by any means so new employees can be brought in who know nothing about the accounts or customers. If you are looking at working and laying it on the line keep low and maybe you will fly below radar. Good luck ! – less
Productive Place to Work
Reconciliation Sr (Former Employee), TampaAugust 24, 2014
Assisted Insurance Carriers with reconciling their accounts.
Client Service Officer
Senior Client Service Officer (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: working with great clients.
Cons: having a manager that works in another city.
The first thing that I do when I get to work is check my email to see if clients have submitted any requests to me. Clients call me if they need to open a new account and add Treasury products to them or an existing account.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with an upset client and trying to resolve their issue quickly.

The most enjoyable part – more... of my job resolving a major issue for a client and making them happy. – less
pleasant work environment
Teller (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 24, 2014
Supported clients in all banking transactions and assisted in all clerical responsibilities within the bank.
JPMC is a good company to work for
Business Management (Current Employee), London, EnglandAugust 23, 2014
JPMC is a good company to work for. Because it is such a large company it offers career mobility/flexibility and great benefits.

About JPMorgan Chase

At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for – Read more