JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews in Canada

Loved job and career opportunities
Financial Advisor Credit Card Services (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 21, 2014
Company took all work out of Vancouver and laid us all off. Little job stability in the call. center environment when working for an international company.
Pros
free coffee, water, great atmosphere with lots of windows and natural light
Cons
lay off
in-bound call centre
Financial Advisor & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 12, 2014
Fast-paced work environment with competitive salary and potential to earn commission based on performance.
Healthy and enthusiastic team where manager facilitates opportunities for our growth
Associate (Former Employee) –  QA AnalystJanuary 4, 2014
This job gave huge exposure and was the most great experience I had to with within and outside the team.
Pros
flexibility, benefits
Chickens in a henhouse
Risk Management Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee) –  ottawa, onNovember 15, 2013
Basically you are in a output based environment with little personal space and hundreds of people near you.
Excellent company to work for.
Segment Manager (Current Employee) –  VancouverNovember 7, 2013
Excellent company to work for. Plenty of career opportunities around the world.
great communication
Credit Card Transactions (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCNovember 7, 2013
We were advised in November that they were closing the call centre in March. They helped with job fairs, severance, benefits opportunities, time off for interviews, and were great to help us all get new jobs and upgrade our skills.
Poor work experience. Unproductive and unprofessional team.
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 8, 2013
I was fortunate to have worked with a handful of highly skilled and professional people while I was at Chase, but would not use these qualities to describe the company as a whole.

In brief, it was disorganized and had too many unqualified people in management and decision making positions. The team I worked with specifically was quite inexperienced and unproductive. There was preferential treatment, promotion without merit, little to no accountability, issues with honesty and ethics, excessive excuse-making, attitude and entitlement problems, and adults having actual temper tantrums. It was a frustrating experience.
Pros
good benefits coverage and annual leave. also free parking.
Cons
everything else. it was pretty bad.
A US Based Company that requires customer centric values
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesOctober 8, 2013
Excellent package on pay and benefits that offers flexible working schedule and also in working with peers as changes happens as it happens.
Pros
more allowances that are tax exempt
Quickly service the customers needs
FINANCIAL SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCSeptember 16, 2013
wow the calls were very fast and you had only a little time to build a relationship;with the customer and then move on to a sale
not very friendly
Financial Service Rep (Former Employee) –  surrey, bcSeptember 12, 2013
company shut down laid everyone off and moved somewhere else
It is great to work with this firm
Accounts Receivables - Operations Process (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 18, 2013
Culture is good and enjoyed to work in mumbai and toronto. The most enjoyable part was working in mumbai under derivatives area which is main area of my interest.
Review for my experience at Chase
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 27, 2013
Strong team work environment

I got chance for advancement in 3 months
Fun workplace, great environment, games room
Customer Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 18, 2013
Basically on the phones all day, very repetitive. Learned to be patient with clients, cause they all have a different story which leads to different scenarios. My management was great, very supportive, The co-workers were nice to work with, very competitive, which was great to work harder to stay ahead. The hardest part of the job was the competition to stay ahead of the rest of your team, which was a great challenge to keep on giving it a 100%, which meant a better bonus on a monthly basis. The most enjoyable part was the fun we had competing with each other.
Pros
monthly bonuses
Cons
very repetitive
Fun work place
Chief Atahm Elementary School Daycare (Former Employee) –  Chase, B.C.May 23, 2013
I learned to help the children solve problems between each other.
It is interesting to watch or join the children playing.
Pros
the children
Cons
temporary job
A good place to work
Asst Vice President - Card Services - (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 23, 2013
A very well managed organisation who took care of their staff. Vey innovative in the way they approach any problems or issues. Very good customer service in the way they deal with customers.
Fun and Learning Environment
Payment Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 3, 2013
J P Morgan is such a beautifull company.Its a dream bank for any professional bankers to work for J P Morgan.
Pros
learning, nice colleagues
Cons
nothing
Hard Core trainig to do job (on top of the world)
Customer Service Financial Advisor (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, bcMarch 29, 2013
Attending at least 150 calls per day.

learned how to communicate with members and cross sell.
Complete sales target assigned by management and always got recognition from management.

Compete with co workers and finished sales targets for the team with the help of coworkers.

No Life balance /Work.

Set own goals most of the time and be your own manager to finish task and sales task.
Pros
free lunches, treats, high inesentives.
Cons
no sick days
Call Center
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 11, 2013
I processed payroll and provided confidential administrative support to the Call Center Directer and Management Team. My position was eliminated when our entire department was relocated to Salt Lake City, Utah. At that time, I was moved into a call center roll servicing credit card customers for JPMorgan Chase. I became a top seller in a very short time. The most enjoyable part of this job was working together as a team to achieve whatever challenges that were presented to us on any given day as it related to performance and sales.
Pros
bonus money for upselling financial products
Cons
tied to your desk, no flexibility to move around.
Fun Place to work
Bilingual French Help Desk Technician II (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 22, 2013
Chase is definitely a great place to work. Managers are friendly and always ready to help the new hired. Inside the building it's about the merchants who represent our pride. they are the reason of our existence as a business. We come every day having them in our mind, thinking how we can help them the best way we can possibly think of. The hardest part is to understand quickly the issues at hand and bring a solution on the spot. Ironically, it is the most enjoyable part of the job as well being able to provide a solution to the problem, a response to the question and everybody is happy.
JPMC was a good and fun place to work
Admin Assistant/Mail (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 14, 2013
I enjoyed working at JPMC. i liked my job because of the variety of jobs i had to do. I enjoyed working with my co workers, they were always helpful and fun. I was always willing to help others. I really learned a lot.
Pros
management showed appreciation for the work we did, we had lunches and and different events to show their appreciation
Cons
work load was sometimes a little overwhelming.